Prime1 Giger Alien (Big Chap)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That looks fantastic! Congratulations!

So what's that percentage of Museum vs Action on this forum? I feel like most people got the Action around here while only a few have the Museum.

My Museum is finally on the way with FedEx, btw.

I went with action, but I really like the museum pose, I especially like that the head is more upright so you can really see that skull beneath. If they hadn't been so expensive, I would have got one of each as I think both options are fantastic. Thsi statue is just a winner whichever version you went for (If you were lucky to recieve an undamaged one obviously)

I filed the peg down very slightly and slotted in fine.

I'm surprised how much I like the open mouth but I still prefer the closed.

I can't get over how big and detailed it is. The back wall is great but I think I prefer without.
Great shots. Glad to hear you received a mint one. 👍🏻

Great shots. Glad to hear you received a mint one. 👍🏻
Yeah very impressed with this piece although I do prefer the dog. My partner is freaking out about the size as we live in a London 2 bed flat. Would UK people be willing to buy a open mouth statue without the bust?

Yeah very impressed with this piece although I do prefer the dog. My partner is freaking out about the size as we live in a London 2 bed flat. Would UK people be willing to buy a open mouth statue without the bust?
I live in 1 bed flat in London and got the museum pose one haha I might have to keep it in the hallway!

haha I miscalculated how big it is! Currently got the bust out on display and put the statue is back in the box ... waiting til I find a bigger house for it! :oops:

One of the best Alien busts out there imo. It seems about 15% bigger than the dog. Obsessed.
IMG_5496.jpg
IMG_5494.jpg
IMG_5491.jpg
IMG_5492.jpg

I filed the peg down very slightly and slotted in fine.

I'm surprised how much I like the open mouth but I still prefer the closed.

I can't get over how big and detailed it is. The back wall is great but I think I prefer without.
Stunning. Did you purchase from a UK retailer?

Interesting to hear you prefer the Dog. Any particular reason?
From the pictures I have seen I think the Big Chap looks better.
I think it’s a personal choice. I’ve always preferred the dog alien - love the snarl lips and dogs legs. I find it the best visual design from the movies (that and the original Aliens Queen). Also I was 12 when Alien3 came out so was my obsession to see it as a kid. They’re both amazing tbh but the big chap prob has the best sculpt.

… But i do have blutac under the big chap just incase lol

I dont think the actual size is a problem, its the weight I think.
I also under estimated it and its still in the box until I move to new apartment in June which will be same size as current one. So might have to keep it in the hallway or sell it. Selling will be very difficult due to the delicate nature. would need to be collection only etc
I dont own any other statues this size as rest of my stuff here is 1/6th or smaller.

Isn't the Drone bigger than the Dog in the movies? I thought that was the case. Maybe that's why the bust is bigger, if they're the same scale?

Oh well, the Dog will always be my favorite version and I'm lucky enough to have that in my collection.

Well Secret Compass formally said to me they'll refund my Big Chap order now.. was worth a try trying to get a broken one.. looks like I'll have to pay the absurd after market prices if I want one now

Well Secret Compass formally said to me they'll refund my Big Chap order now.. was worth a try trying to get a broken one.. looks like I'll have to pay the absurd after market prices if I want one now
To be fair you’ve possibly dodged a bullet there not dealing with them anyway. It’s now been a month now since I’ve had my damaged Big Chap & still none the wiser on what is actually happening with it. I’m sure they are now just ghosting my messages as I’ve not had a response for over 2 weeks.
I currently have a £2300 statue that is of not much use to me in this condition, and I’d certainly think twice about ever using them again to be honest.

Sorry to hear that Sithlord. I hope Prime 1 sort it out for you. I'm relieved now that I was spared the stress of actually receiving one. I wish Prime 1 would do another smaller big chap and this time protect the damn thing properly from breakages so that the fans who have missed out get another chance. It's a slim chance, but they owe it to the customers they have let down.

To be fair you’ve possibly dodged a bullet there not dealing with them anyway. It’s now been a month now since I’ve had my damaged Big Chap & still none the wiser on what is actually happening with it. I’m sure they are now just ghosting my messages as I’ve not had a response for over 2 weeks.
I currently have a £2300 statue that is of not much use to me in this condition, and I’d certainly think twice about ever using them again to be honest.
Yeah I'll never be dealing with them again. Was rare that I went with a US retailer anyway. Will only ever do local or direct from now on

Back