Prime1 Giger Alien (Big Chap)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can’t even see how you’d be able to do it. At least the City Hunter had the support holes already Included.
unless I’m being dumb, I can’t see anything where you’d even attempt to hang this from.

Exactly, there's nothing on it anywhere that suggests it has a mounting option. I know they sold the kit on their website, but I can't figure out where it might go, unless it basically functions like a shelf. Regardless, I'm not sure I'd want to risk trying it. Nor can I imagine it would look that good on the wall? The City Hunter is at least designed in a pose which suits wall mounting.

Last edited:
I don’t remember ever seeing the wall mount for sale on P1 site. Is there any photos of it?

Had a reply from Shane at SC last night. Prime 1 are looking into sourcing a new replacement body for me, and the closed mouth head with the dent in the dome they are asking me to destroy before they will send out a replacement.
They are so backwards compared to dealing with Sideshow regarding replacement parts. It’s a start I guess , but a replacement head ain’t much use to me if they aren’t able to get the body replaced.

Had a reply from Shane at SC last night. Prime 1 are looking into sourcing a new replacement body for me, and the closed mouth head with the dent in the dome they are asking me to destroy before they will send out a replacement.
They are so backwards compared to dealing with Sideshow regarding replacement parts. It’s a start I guess , but a replacement head ain’t much use to me if they aren’t able to get the body replaced.
Wait, prime 1 are sourcing new parts for this? So I very well may get a new one from SC?

Apparently so. They aren’t asking me to take a 🔨 to the body yet though so that isn’t filling me with confidence at the moment. Unless they have set aside some replacements for the large retail orders.
Great news. Looks like Shane might be able to get me one after all if true. Still no solution to my preorder being sold on me just yet so hopefully he's trying to secure me a new one

That's total BS that they treat some customers better than others. It's honestly completely ridiculous and infuriating.

That's total BS that they treat some customers better than others. It's honestly completely ridiculous and infuriating.
They told you no more placements if I remember correctly bud ?

Both heads on mine are damaged, but they’ve only offered to replace 1 which is nice of them. :mad:
2 new heads aren’t much use to me anyway if they don’t do anything about the body as that is the part which has the most damage.

So it's arrived and it's monstrous but in a good way. Nothing seems to be broken thankfully.

But I can't seem to get either of the heads in the bust base? Any tips to get it in? do I try and file the head's pegs down? Hairdryer the bust's hole? I'm moving house soon so don't wanna force it in incase I need to box back up.

I filed the peg down very slightly and slotted in fine.

I'm surprised how much I like the open mouth but I still prefer the closed.

I can't get over how big and detailed it is. The back wall is great but I think I prefer without.

Attachments

• IMG_5448.jpg
    IMG_5448.jpg
    287.5 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_5450.jpg
    IMG_5450.jpg
    203.2 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_5451.jpg
    IMG_5451.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_5452.jpg
    IMG_5452.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_5459 .jpg
    IMG_5459 .jpg
    303.8 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_5459.jpg
    IMG_5459.jpg
    305.5 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_5460.jpg
    IMG_5460.jpg
    294.5 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_5461.jpg
    IMG_5461.jpg
    238.3 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_5447.jpg
    IMG_5447.jpg
    286.7 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_5464.jpg
    IMG_5464.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_5465.jpg
    IMG_5465.jpg
    248.4 KB · Views: 34
I filed the peg down very slightly and slotted in fine.

I'm surprised how much I like the open mouth but I still prefer the closed.

I can't get over how big and detailed it is. The back wall is great but I think I prefer without.
Yeah I think if I had this piece I'd go without the wall.

So what's that percentage of Museum vs Action on this forum? I feel like most people got the Action around here while only a few have the Museum.

My Museum is finally on the way with FedEx, btw.

Back