Prime1 Giger Alien (Big Chap)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys. I sent an email to Shane at SC to get an ETA on this piece. Here's the response. Looks like they can't find room on a ship for it to come over:
"we have 5 shipments from Prime 1 ready to go but there have been massive problems with global freight. There is simply no space on the ships. We are doing everything in our power to get all our incoming shipments here as quickly as possible."

This must be really frustrating for the retailers as well. :(
This is what I don't get. How does P1 find room to ship product to the U.S.? There was space for those shipments. This seems to be strictly a SC problem.

This is what I don't get. How does P1 find room to ship product to the U.S.? There was space for those shipments. This seems to be strictly a SC problem.
Perhaps sending individual pieces is less problematic, logistically, than palates worth of goods?

Perhaps sending individual pieces is less problematic, logistically, than palates worth of goods?
I would imagine P1 sends palets worth out as well. I doubt that there were just 2 or 3 customers from the U.S. that ordered the Big Chap, Pred, Victim, etc...but I could be wrong. And they ship all of those Economy preorders out at the same time.
IDK....just weird.

Hey guys. I sent an email to Shane at SC to get an ETA on this piece. Here's the response. Looks like they can't find room on a ship for it to come over:
"we have 5 shipments from Prime 1 ready to go but there have been massive problems with global freight. There is simply no space on the ships. We are doing everything in our power to get all our incoming shipments here as quickly as possible."

This must be really frustrating for the retailers as well. :(
Its basically which companies will pay more will get priority on these ships. If you aren't willing to pay up you get moved to the back of the line..

To give you some hope...this one looks perfect...

Great piece if you can get an undamaged one. Hoping the remaining collectors get perfect pieces.

It's unfair and brutal to make collectors wait for 4 years for this statue and not even have replacement parts should something go wrong during shipping. At a minimum, prime 1 should lose the licence for alien.

Last edited:
Yep, that looks absolutely fantastic! I love that particular head sculpt of all three Prime 1 Big Chaps.

I'm also really tempted by the Sideshow big chap maquette that came out a few years back. There's a part of me that would love to have a go at modifying the hands and jaw to try and get it more accurate looking.

I can't even watch videos of this piece anymore. The thought of the potential disappointment is killing all the joy for me. :(

I just found out today from the store I am buying mine from that my statue is damaged. The supplier has apparently contacted Prime 1 to see if replacement part(s) can be arranged. Now I'm really concerned, especially given the possibility that no replacement parts might be available.

I just found out today from the store I am buying mine from that my statue is damaged. The supplier has apparently contacted Prime 1 to see if replacement part(s) can be arranged. Now I'm really concerned, especially given the possibility that no replacement parts might be available.
No!so sorry cpoll:(I’m waiting for mine tomorrow and I am really nervous now:(

Oh no do you mind me asking where you ordered from?

Back