Prime1 Giger Alien (Big Chap)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, not bad at all. It still has the rectangular keys as well, but luckily those are cut into the base rather than sticking out of it. Should be very easy to cover them up with something, maybe even sculpt an alternate back piece.
To be honest I don't even think it needs to be covered up. I mean it kinda just looks like it's a part of the design.
I like the wall, but in time it may be nice to see different angles. But it would be weird to turn them backwards.

Man this looks legit lit. I've always wanted the action pose as it'll look perfect with prime 1 endo and predator 1/3. I'll just have to enjoy this on the sidelines, unless I get lucky and the head of family allows it haha.

It looks so good already in photos, will be better in videos and in person. Can't wait to see more of this pretty fella.

I love this thing, and I really want to order one. But the updates on the 1/3 Jungle Hunter made my mind up for me. I'm going to order one of those, so I don't think I can stretch to this also currently. I may consider selling a few bits, but we'll see. I'm not sure if there's even a market for SS P2 maquettes atm :sneaky: This thing is going to be awesome in person no doubt.

I love this thing, and I really want to order one. But the updates on the 1/3 Jungle Hunter made my mind up for me. I'm going to order one of those, so I don't think I can stretch to this also currently. I may consider selling a few bits, but we'll see. I'm not sure if there's even a market for SS P2 maquettes atm :sneaky: This thing is going to be awesome in person no doubt.
This is most likely going to be a "Grail", as much as I hate that term in this hobby. Hopefully we're not collectively jumping the gun, but based on Leo's pics, it looks fantastic. The low ES and quality almost guarantee grail status for this piece.

The Big Chap is my favorite all-time movie creature design. This statue looks like pure perfection so far. It's going to be the centre piece of my collection, and at 1/3 scale, it'll stand out nicely!

It does look good but you know I have to nit-pick. They have given the body so much noodling and color that it looks like it has taken on a light, greenish-brown hue. This makes the back of the dome really stand out because it is pure black. The overall figure is supposed to be dark.

fb_img_1625206850190-jpg.529995

Screenshot 2021-07-03 at 16-50-12 Pin on other art I like.png

It does look good but you know I have to nit-pick. They have given the body so much noodling and color that it looks like it has taken on a light, greenish-brown hue. This makes the back of the dome really stand out because it is pure black. The overall figure is supposed to be dark.

fb_img_1625206850190-jpg.529995

View attachment 530123
Not all the images look like that though, and the suit from the film had multiple sets, and some were kinda brown in spots, it was actually the latex coming through.
Lighting also plays a big role, not to mention the person taking pictures is known for doing a little over saturation, he was the same person that had the early HD pics of the 1/4 JH.

Attachments

• received_509045420345118.jpeg
    received_509045420345118.jpeg
    42.4 KB · Views: 123
  • giger4.jpg
    giger4.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 130
Yeah, this should be more muted in person. Less contrast and less saturation. Leo's photos make a piece look great, but they're hardly a good indication of what you'll get.

All I can tell from these is that they didn't simplify much of the paint scheme, if any, from prototype to production.

Yeah, this should be more muted in person. Less contrast and less saturation. Leo's photos make a piece look great, but they're hardly a good indication of what you'll get.

All I can tell from these is that they didn't simplify much of the paint scheme, if any, from prototype to production.
I agree, I think it looks almost better than the prototype. I think Prime1 wanted to continue the strong Alien line. After the Dog now this? I'm fully confident they will do the same level with the warrior

I also hope it is more blackish color. Dog is brown, I prefer this to be different tone of color.

Yes, I wish he just take the shots without editing to make the color more sharp. We get to see it for what it is.

Yes, it looks like there is a saturation and warm colour overlay on these pictures. Pretty sure it will be a bit lesser brown and more a tan / grey colouring.

Anyhow, the details are stunning and as Jaklynfiourhollyw has already mentioned, the dome translucency looks on spot. Not too much of the skull and rips to be seen nor is it too foggy. Again, this is a detail hopefully not only done in the picture editing.

I don´t mind the black backside of the head. It looks super smooth, that is the most important. The original dome or backside of the head was not glossy and it was more lighter shaded, but even that could be fixed.

All in all my living room is READY!!!

I think the Big Chap and Dog Alien will be more similar in colour than not. Here's a screen shot from the most recent YouTube vid:

aliens.jpg

Back