Prime1 Giger Alien (Big Chap)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah bit thr bullet and ordered the DX from secret compass. They claim to be pretty flexible when it comes to payments aslong as they get communication. Cant wait for this guy. Anyone have a clue on shipping to Australia from them usually costs?

So I went ahead and did the waitlist on Prime Ones site for this. I have never done a waitlist before. I am a little nervous. Do you guys feel I have a chance at getting it?

So I went ahead and did the waitlist on Prime Ones site for this. I have never done a waitlist before. I am a little nervous. Do you guys feel I have a chance at getting it?
There is a chance, but it's not guaranteed. I was on a waitlist with them before for nearly 2 years and it never got fulfilled. But I imagine there are those who do luck out. With this being a small run, chances are for sure lower. Which one did you order?

There is a chance, but it's not guaranteed. I was on a waitlist with them before for nearly 2 years and it never got fulfilled. But I imagine there are those who do luck out. With this being a small run, chances are for sure lower. Which one did you order?
Wow, that is not good. I ordered the standard version which is only 100 edition size vs the EX which is 250.

Secret compass delivers everywhere im pretty sure. Im in Australia and ordered a DX from them yesterday
Shouldn't be a problem indeed, I just wasn't sure if they had a preference against ordering from a US distributor since they bothered to go on the Prime 1 waitlist.

Where are you located? Secret Compass still has all versions available for preorder.
I am in California. I am trying to avoid paying extra in taxes and I wanted to get the points back from shipping. Looks like I am just going to have to bite the bullet and pay out.

I see this is now ‘July-Oct 21 on Prime 1’s site. Must have only updated recently.

At least it gives me a few weeks to make a decision on whether to sell my Coolprops Chap & get either of these.

The Giger Maquette or the 1:1 head?
The Giger Maquette. It’ll be a tough decision to be honest as it’s still a great piece with the display case on.
It’s just the paint lack of paint apps that spoil it, I did apply a couple of coats a of matt varnish to mine & it brought out some nice highlights in the skin, but still nothing on par with what P1 are showing with theirs.

The Giger Maquette. It’ll be a tough decision to be honest as it’s still a great piece with the display case on.
It’s just the paint lack of paint apps that spoil it, I did apply a couple of coats a of matt varnish to mine & it brought out some nice highlights in the skin, but still nothing on par with what P1 are showing with theirs.
True, but the actual piece in the museum is very dark, and the real one in the museum is a different sculpt without all of the changes made to his design. Plus, the P1 piece doesn't have a Giger certificate or anything. To me those reasons are what sets the CoolProps one apart. I'm keeping my museum replica, and went with the 'action' version of the P1. I didn't need 2 static poses. But to each their own...it's a tough choice.

I like the bulk (if you can call it that) of the CP piece. If this Prime 1 Big Chap wasn't so overly skinny, it would be absolute perfection.

Went to Frank & Son's yesterday and checked out the large booth with all Prime 1 and Sideshow pieces. Holy moly, they're massive. This Chap will have a fairly conservative footprint compared to those (thank goodness), but the height will make it a showstopper. There's truly a difference between breaking out the measuring tape to approximate what a 30" statue might look like and seeing one in person.

Well, my waitlisted converted. That was fast. Only took about 6 days. Dropped a deposit so this beauty is coming home.

Pushed to Q3/4 2021. :( Those of us that ordered from SC might not see this until early 2022.

Well people on FB are getting shipping notifications as of today. So I'm guessing two months from now we may be getting it.
Hopefully we will get in hand pictures soon.

Back