Prime1 Giger Alien (Big Chap)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Off course it's your opinion and of course it's your money and I respect them both. I have no problem if you like more the Coolproops and what to keep it.
But telling that the paint job is equal, is like disrespecting a company's hard try to give us something fair and telling that there's something wrong with our eyes! ��
Anyway...

Yeah, I clarified that. Didnt mean to say paint...lol.

BTW, talking bad about you or your family member is disrespecting...not a friggin company though, they exist to make money, they could care less if you get sick and become homeless, come on man, lol...

So I guess it's too much to hope that that this will be in the same price range as their other 1/3 statues? Given that their 1/4 Predator is $1700 I imagine this larger one will be at least that much. :(

So I guess it's too much to hope that that this will be in the same price range as their other 1/3 statues? Given that their 1/4 Predator is $1700 I imagine this larger one will be at least that much. :(

Depends on the switch-outs. The Jungle Hunter has so much going on, multimedia parts, an elaborate base, several heads and LED features. The standard has most of these and costs $1500.
If all the Big Chap comes with is an extra head and the back wall is removable, I estimate $1500 as well. That's a few hundred more than the Dark Horse Alien which is smaller, but has a far more complex base. It's also the same as the Dog Alien, which is the same scale and needs to benefit two companies.

The coolprops paint is probably closer to the original. :) I still don't understand the desire to noodle the heck out of these paint jobs. His shins look zebra-striped!

Pic by death7or6glory:

3zpqLot.jpg

Woooo. I like. But then I liked the old SS big chap and the kotobukiya pice and this seems like an upscale Koto. Hopefully it's not too much. The back ground is a bit much....could do without that.

Sent from my SGH-M919V using Tapatalk

odd choice to have 2 versions when one is exactly the same pose as the CP version. If I get one, going with the newly posed version. Will greatly depend on price. I don't think this will cost nearly as much as the Pred 1.

The coolprops paint is probably closer to the original. :) I still don't understand the desire to noodle the heck out of these paint jobs. His shins look zebra-striped!

That’s what I was trying to say...agreed.

The more I look, the more I think I prefer the museum pose version. I think I'd switch that decision if the head wasn't pointing downwards on the other one. Head back slightly would add a more aggressive posture.

That said, If I were going to buy the standing one, the coolprops is still available and more accurate. It's just a shame they don't have Prime 1's quality of production...

The more I look, the more I think I prefer the museum pose version. I think I'd switch that decision if the head wasn't pointing downwards on the other one. Head back slightly would add a more aggressive posture.

Yeah I think you might be right. This is almost a mirror image of the Koto statue, with the only difference being the angle of the head, and that one seems to work a lot better with it tilted up more.

If they were going to have the head angled down like that, I think a pose like below would have been a lot more creepy and effective:

82bf038fc170d892ccdca35c4bf65542.jpg

Yeah I think you might be right. This is almost a mirror image of the Koto statue, with the only difference being the angle of the head, and that one seems to work a lot better with it tilted up more.

If they were going to have the head angled down like that, I think a pose like below would have been a lot more creepy and effective:

View attachment 468472

Yeah, i went to have a look at my little Koto after posting that comment and it definitely does it better. A small thing, just thought I'd mention it. The pointy end of his face is the money shot, it's almost a shame when it's not facing the main viewing angle.

I prefer the museum pose for this. When i first saw there was two, i felt like i was supposed to lean towards the one in an animated pose to " bring life " to the character, but i wasnt really feeling it. However with the museum one i was. I feel with the animated one its a combination of not being sold that the body language of the head, open mouth and body work together and look organic, coupled with he kind of looks like he is walking forward, but theres a wall behind him so it looks really out of place. If there was an alternate where the back piece of the statue was a door ( even though it could be blacked out ) i feel it would of fit the pose better.

In regards to the two choices here, id say museum is the way to go. ( unless of course you already have the coolprops, and you want a different pose to display rather then two museum )

This is 1/3 scale right? I do like my Sideshow Maquette, but I'm leaning towards picking up one of these as well. Just wish it didn't have the back piece, I'm really not a fan.

This is 1/3 scale right? I do like my Sideshow Maquette, but I'm leaning towards picking up one of these as well. Just wish it didn't have the back piece, I'm really not a fan.

Sorry to ask, but how high is the Sideshow Big Chap? This might give an indication of the Prime1 ?s Chap in height and at the same time a measurement for the back wall piece. I do hope it is removable as well. I like the design allot. It is like the walls where Brett was snatched by the Chap, or?

Exactly. I hate that back piece...it just camouflages, smudges...and takes away from the Big Chap. Not hating, that stand alone Big Chap is awesome.

Now, if it was mixed media...instead of the polystone wall...had it been light metal, like a very thin aluminum frame...part of the Nostromo...then hell, I would be all over that like flies on crap, lol...

Back