Prime1 Giger Alien (Big Chap)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
alien.jpg

It definitely looks better with that head. I'm in for an action pose version after seeing that. Stylised, definitely. Still a great statue, most definitely. I prefer the Mamgyorai, but it was just too much money and they didn't have the ability to deliver prototype quality to customers. Prime 1 likely will with these....

Ok, this time we?re in the same boat. That just looks stupid and is totally useless. As the arms are not there, the concave space of the bust is already perfect enough. this looks like garage kit style with this shoulder ripples.

But overall, the closed mouth and the side stand is a great addition and I will most likely go with the action pose PO.

I’m in too!! Depending on the size and the prize of course!!oh Yesss!!

So what exactly is that? Is that just something to hold the alternate portrait in or is it it's own piece separate? I'm still not sure what I'm looking at.

Sent from my SGH-M919V using Tapatalk

LMAO the bust looks terrible with those shoulder sockets side note, the paint job looks amazing!

Yes, they are a terrible design choice. They should have made a swap head bust like the Dog Alien. A Machinery base and only the upper portion of the bust without the back pipes. Totally enough and stylish. This looks fan made. Sorry!

I think the bust is awesome. Most companies don't even provide an option to display the alternate portrait. What's the complaining about? Should they have just provided an extra torso instead? Lol

LMAO the bust looks terrible with those shoulder sockets :lol side note, the paint job looks amazing!

While the paint job loos good, I think these guys overdid it. Happens a lot with high end collectibles and custom work, people go all out with exaggerated details and embellishments that were never there. Makes the whole thing a bit too busy IMHO.

While the paint job loos good, I think these guys overdid it. Happens a lot with high end collectibles and custom work, people go all out with exaggerated details and embellishments that were never there. Makes the whole thing a bit too busy IMHO.

:exactly:

I agree, but full on accuracy doesn't seem to be the goal with Prime 1's Aliens. It is a nice paint job at least.

Most custom aliens are painted with a similar paint job as well, or when people re-paint existing pieces like the Sideshow Aliens they usually do stuff like this. I personally like it.

I agree, but full on accuracy doesn't seem to be the goal with Prime 1's Aliens. It is a nice paint job at least.

It is a beautiful paint job.
I wonder if anybody will get this, the Mamegyorai and the CP statues. It would be quite a sight to have all those together...
There was also another statue by a Japanese sculptor released a few years ago, also based on the Giger Museum piece, can't remember the name though. It was quite beautiful, I wonder how it holds up next to these new ones.

Back