Prime1 Giger Alien (Big Chap)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to ask, but how high is the Sideshow Big Chap? This might give an indication of the Prime1 ?s Chap in height and at the same time a measurement for the back wall piece. I do hope it is removable as well. I like the design allot. It is like the walls where Brett was snatched by the Chap, or?

It's 28 inches tall :)

More pics posted by Kelvin Loke:

wyGJwKa.jpg

pKLPjwa.jpg

8lCbgZJ.jpg

ZovXttO.jpg

The 'action' pose looks fantastic in these new shots. Would be cool to see the head tilted upward, but I'd also be happy with it as-is. Just need to take that wall down a few inches. Or out entirely.

Thanks for sharing these pictures! It get?s better and better. Love the pose, but would love to see it with the closed mouth like the standing version. I guess someone on FB mentioned that it will come like the Dog Alien with an optional head. Very, very much I hope so.

And yeeeeees, I do like the base allot, but it is huge piece of plastic behind. If removable, what I hope for, it still could be a nice decoration object for its own. After all it is the Nostromo?s facility wall.

Yeah I'm really liking how the pose works from this angle. And I do think the wall helps create a more atmospheric setting, but like everyone else would love to see how it works without.

FB_IMG_1571373035825.jpg

I about just ran outta room for more collectibles. Its either this leaning forwards Big Chap (I already have the museum pose Giger maquette) or the Predator Big Game Jungle Hunter with Victim/Tree diorama. Im choosing the Predator.

Wish I could buy and fit them all...but impossible.

I know this is heavily inspired by the little Koto. But I can't help think that the pose of the Koto is just better (head up more, hands outwards) It's similar, but more refined, they should probably have just outright copied it. I like this regardless, I'm just saying, I do think tilting the head up would improve this, it would give the pose more intent and place his skull more in the main focus point.

Also, just entirely thinking out loud (don't expect it obviously) I would scrap the rear wall and maybe add an Alien Space suit helmet on the base. Put a flickering bright white light on it facing up at the Alien, just to add an eerie light feature that would look great in a dark room.

Ej6TtnW.jpg

Just noticed this one still has all those wrinkles in the legs and elsewhere. So is this still supposed to be the costume version and not the actual creature? Or are all those suit wrinkles just accepted to be part of the alien's anatomy now?

I know this is heavily inspired by the little Koto. But I can't help think that the pose of the Koto is just better (head up more, hands outwards) It's similar, but more refined, they should probably have just outright copied it. I like this regardless, I'm just saying, I do think tilting the head up would improve this, it would give the pose more intent and place his skull more in the main focus point.

Also, just entirely thinking out loud (don't expect it obviously) I would scrap the rear wall and maybe add an Alien Space suit helmet on the base. Put a flickering bright white light on it facing up at the Alien, just to add an eerie light feature that would look great in a dark room.

Ej6TtnW.jpg

Totally agree with you Python. The Prime 1 statue is hugely impressive and I like the wall section, but for me (in my humble opinion) the little Koto is an absolute masterpiece of sculpting and capturing the big chaps form. I notice the Prime 1 statue appears to also have slightly accentuated features such as elongated fingers. The Koto for me just captures the movie suit bang on and the pose is perfect, not too exagerated or sedate; it just captures the menace.

Last edited:
The first thing I thought when I saw it was it looks a lot like the wallhanger bust. Now I know why. Same sculptor. The head is too fat and looks too rounded/short. The tubes are too fat. What's up with that little C-shape on the side of the mouth? Seems like there are a couple of cheerleaders on statueforum that think it is a slight on Prime1 or their sculptor. It isn't. These are amazing sculpts, they just aren't good enough for me. The reason the Koto looks so good is because it's sculpted by the same guy that did the Mamegyorai. As for the fingers, the standing pose has them long and splayed out like the sculpture. The ribbed wrists are the suit hands because they are basically gloves. Prime 1 has chosen to mash-up these two features.

backstage03.jpg

7.jpg

11.jpg

aliengiger.jpg

picture038 (3).jpg

The first thing I thought when I saw it was it looks a lot like the wallhanger bust. Now I know why. Same sculptor. The head is too fat and looks too rounded/short. The tubes are too fat. What's up with that little C-shape on the side of the mouth? Seems like there are a couple of cheerleaders on statueforum that think it is a slight on Prime1 or their sculptor. It isn't. These are amazing sculpts, they just aren't good enough for me. The reason the Koto looks so good is because it's sculpted by the same guy that did the Mamegyorai. As for the fingers, the standing pose has them long and splayed out like the sculpture. The ribbed wrists are the suit hands because they are basically gloves. Prime 1 has chosen to mash-up these two features.

View attachment 468743

View attachment 468744

View attachment 468745

View attachment 468746

View attachment 468747

So, it is the same sculptor as the Mamegyorai Chap, or not? You said so. So what is actually Your point? And what is wrong with the mouth and the tubes? Maybe You have to check the Mamegyorai and as well the CoolProps Statue and the full size head again. They all share the same details EXACTLY as the original sculpt at the Giger Museum. Have You ever been there? You make the assumption to be the super Alien fanboy, so just speak up. Or at least make a comparison sheet of all the mistakes throughout the history of Big Chap collectables.

Clutch, no offence, but You sound like You have a grouch with Prime for whatever reasons. Sure, the Mamegyorai is indisputably a future grail and I personally can only dream of owning one (do You?), and the CoolProps statue and head were done in collaboration with the Giger estate, what is awesome as the museum and the family of the late master Giger is always in need of exposure and recognition. So why that hate against TWO new Chaps, which clearly, and that was stated by people connected to that product on the FB channels (maybe You visit them as well), are a vision of the character as it was witnessed on screen? A subtle mixture of the suit and the original sculpt and the feel of a real life character/creature as we all saw it in the theatres the first time around.

Easy there, fella. You just don't get it. I've got nothing against Prime 1. I bought the dog and love it. Koto and Mamegyorai were sculpted by Yoshiki Fujimoto. Someone step in an correct me if I am wrong. The high water mark (IMHO) was the Kotobukiya and was surpassed by the Mamegyorai.

And your share the same details argument is bs. This one shares the same details too. You could save a lot of money buying it instead.

review_aliensig_1.jpg

Yeah, I don't really buy the "look" or "feel" of the real life character as we saw it argument. What we saw was a suit and animatronic -- very real things with specific details. If it's accurate to what we saw, it better match at least in sculpt.

The term you're looking for is idealized, which this certainly is -- and that's fine. It's close enough for me personally and I enjoy the paint embellishments that Prime 1 have added since they impress more than the CoolProps. But let's not pretend it stands together with the others in a contest of pure accuracy. For some members here, that's what matters most and they'll pass on this statue because of it. Nothing wrong with that.

I made a quick comparison. As much as I wish that Prime 1 had nailed the details more accurately (on all of their movie related Aliens) It is great that we have so many high end options now. And any of these statues will no doubt make for great looking centerpieces.

WeFrjyA.jpg

Yeah, I don't really buy the "look" or "feel" of the real life character as we saw it argument. What we saw was a suit and animatronic -- very real things with specific details. If it's accurate to what we saw, it better match at least in sculpt.

I bit my lip regarding these comments (which seem to be a recent thing) but I can't say I quite follow the logic their either? I mean you can inject a sense of life into a statue and still make it accurate to the suit and original details etc. I actually like these, but I can't help that think Sideshow would be being torn a new one for being "artistic".

There will always be an element of idealisation with the translation. Best example are the warriors from Aliens. Would anyone want a 1:1 translation from the costumed actors to a statue ? From the lifesize wire puppet maybe...

Back