Prime1 Giger Alien (Big Chap)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The dome looks unfinished but according to Prime 1, that's what the fans requested. Lol!
FB_IMG_1691522499459.jpg

Yes there is no foggy dome at the front anymore. Still looks fantastic but I am a little disappointed they didn't make it the way it was. About Johnny's comment I was like wtf?

I don't really mind the reduction in black mist. The Kotobukiya, CoolProps, Sano, and Mamegyorai versions also have a more visible skull.

If there's anything these collectibles really ought to have focused on, it's getting more of a general cloudiness to the dome. Then again, even that varies depending on which production photo you're looking at.

Hey everyone, quick question in regard to Prime 1. This is the first piece I've PO'd directly from Prime 1. I did this last summer and have been making payments ever since. This morning I received an e-mail from them saying my order will be cancelled in two weeks due to lack of communication. Apparently, I haven't confirmed my shipping address.....but everything is correct. The address is correct and there's no missing information. Of course I get this message on a weekend, when they're closed. I sent Customer Service a message, asking for further information. My question is, has anyone else ever received a message like this? Is this normal for Prime 1? Is there some weird obscure thing I'm missing here? It's really weird and of course I'll now be anxious all weekend. LOL Thanks!

You have to go to the order page and click the confirm address button.
Thanks, yeah, that's what it was. I never received the e-mail, telling me to do that, and the option timed out. I have to say Prime 1's Customer Service was awesome. They got back to me right away on Monday morning and everything is fixed.

Was fortunate enough to grab the bonus bust from a private seller! I'll eventually display him with the Warrior and Dog busts to complete the Alien trio, but for now I'm really enjoying him next to the Jungle Hunter:

1000004179.jpg

That's a beautiful clean display. :clap

My two favorite creatures ever designed.

I wish they would have sold that Alien bust separately.

The dome in the pics above is accurate to the heads that were in the movie. That said, they did vary, you had the head Badejo wore for general shots, then there were the stunt heads worn by Eddie Powell and there were heads done by Carlo Rambaldi for shots of the jaws. All followed Giger's design, but there are subtle differences, chief among them being the frontal shape of the dome. The Badejo and Powell heads had quite a flat profile to the front of the dome and the Rambaldi heads were less flat to accommodate the mechanics. The Prime 1 is most like the Badejo head and it's this that most figures seem to resemble.

I know the below isn't Prime 1 but it shows what I mean, the Rambaldi style is in the foreground and the one next to it looks more like the Badejo head:

img557083210705641.jpg

Last edited:
Those are the same busts. This is the Rambaldi style:
blog_import_5d0c64f3e4029.jpeg

2018-09-16-16.06.27.jpg

This is what I think of when I see the alien, blind stealth using something other than eyes to see.
sddefault.jpg

They looked different to me. I've never been sure though if the Rambaldi head was worn by Bolaji Badejo or if it was on a static rig. I'd seen sketches where they wanted the jaw mechanism to be self contained, but, I thought the curling lips were cable controlled and the tongue pneumatic. Neither sound practical or safe to be operated just in front of someone's face. By the time we got to Predator, mechanisms were more refined allowing such things to be done more safely on an actor.

This is a pretty good comparison between the Giger and Rambaldi styles (scroll to the last image for both). Giger's has the "fishier" mouth shape and the tendons curving along the jaw follow a more uniform path.

These were sculpted by Daniel Klos for a run of 1/4 resin kits (full body) from Chase Smith's Lil Shop of Horrors. Ordered one myself!

This is a pretty good comparison between the Giger and Rambaldi styles (scroll to the last image for both). Giger's has the "fishier" mouth shape and the tendons curving along the jaw follow a more uniform path.

These were sculpted by Daniel Klos for a run of 1/4 resin kits (full body) from Chase Smith's Lil Shop of Horrors. Ordered one myself!

Nice find! It's clear from that that most follow the Rambaldi look. I bet those kits are nice. Most of what I've seen on here is way too pricey for me. NECA is about what I can run to and I only really came on here to see what paint jobs on more expensive stuff were like and to see what I'd need to add to any NECA I bought. The key figures for me are the Ultimate Big Chap and the one in the repro Kenner box. Both are essentially the same sculpt, but, the paint is a bit different. I can take or leave the accessories.

Back