Prime1 Giger Alien (Big Chap)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Every one of your examples show the character (the main point of a statue) having a very different pose. The Big Chap recast however is quite literally the SAME statue, SAME paint, only a different base. Like everyone said, if the Big Chap was a different sculpt this wouldn't be so much an issue. So no, your comparison does not fall under the same category.
I understand your point, but as much as I try I just don't see it that way.

If after I receive my 1:3 Predator they recast one with a simple base, I don't think I'd care because the base is part of the appeal to me. The reason I didn't like the OG alien WAS the base/wall. So, I like the new release much better.

I'd honestly prefer a 1:3 City Hunter with a simplistic base. I'm not fond of the ship.

Brick wall time. They also improved the bust so that it will not tip over. This isn't just a new base release. I also bought because I didn't think I'd ever get a chance to own one. If they had just said simpler base and improvements to come, I would have held off on ordering.
Exactly. And I (like others) wouldn't have made due with a broken one if we had known they would just re-release the statue a few months later.

FACEBOX I honestly can't see how you don't see the differences with this situation and the Batman and Optimus examples you have given.

they made it half the weight too the reissue!
one box and prob easier to pack and easier to find a place to keep it.
im still having issues finding a small but deep enough side table that can take 30KG
I‘ve had a custom made pedestal done for £95. They can easily hold the weight too. Definitely worth considering.

[...]

FACEBOX I honestly can't see how you don't see the differences with this situation and the Batman and Optimus examples you have given.

I guess I'm just used to it. Not sure how else to put it.

I also collect muscle cars, and there's always a new trim, sub-type, etc being released. (Ex. Mustang GT, GT350, GT350R, GT500, BOSS, etc.etc.)
So to me, as long as there's A change to the new release.... I'm good and can see myself collecting the lot.

I guess I'm just used to it. Not sure how else to put it.

I also collect muscle cars, and there's always a new trim, sub-type, etc being released. (Ex. Mustang GT, GT350, GT350R, GT500, BOSS, etc.etc.)
So to me, as long as there's A change to the new release.... I'm good and can see myself collecting the lot.
The changes aren't enough to justify a re release. The wall is easily removed and almost looks exactly the same as this new version. People had 3 years to pre order it. They didn't. It's only when collectors loved it ( if it wasn't damaged) that people who didn't order it in 3 years then wanted it. That is is not how collecting working, muscle cars don't come with an ES. some do and let me tell you if a company came out with a paint variation of a high end car that actually had an ES. 💩 would hit the fan and customers would tear the company apart.

The action pose without the wall is around 35 lbs. Unless the museum pose is constructed or reinforced differently, I'd imagine something similar.

The action pose without the wall is around 35 lbs. Unless the museum pose is constructed or reinforced differently, I'd imagine something similar.
Thanks. According to Prime1 the museem is 1kg heavier so that would mean its around 16KG without wall. 13KG just for the wall!

So my Big Chap finally turned up!

After all the crap with my order being given to someone else and then being told I couldn't get a replacement.. I finally got it, and not broken too! I seem to be one of the lucky ones in that aspect. Well worth all the trouble I had to endure.
20220727_234141.jpg
IMG_20220727_235050_192.jpg

Back