Statue Prime 1 Terminator Endoskeleton statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I pulled the whole thing up out of the base holes and just stood the pegs on the base, and I can position it like the prototype by simply leaning it back. It won't go in the holes that way though, and I don't think the heels and toes would be level (toes higher) even if the holes were corrected.

It is weird the you have a space in the holes where you can push the statue backwards after inserting it in it's place.

Just one pic shows the full figure, and it's hard to tell by the angle, but it might be off like mine. It's definitely not like the proto.

I've had another look at the the videos and pics and agree that the production piece differs from the prototype. It appears the main change between the prototype and production piece is the statue leans forward a little more, gives it a more 'aggressive' or 'menacing' look as the endos head is slightly looking down rather than straight ahead. If you look closely at the left leg (battle damaged), it's slightly faces outwards more which is film accurate, recall in the movie, the endo was dragging his left foot on an outward facing angle (the prototypes left foot was facing forward). I think the slight change in the left foot facing outwards and adjustment in forward pose is arguably just as accurate (if not more) to the film compared to the prototype. Won't know for sure until the endo arrives in hand. They did say the endo measures 41 inches (including the base), so it would be interesting to know if this change has shaved half an inch or so off the endo height.

As for the left leaning issue, I'm beginning to think this is more likely an isolated incident, including but not limited to either the hip joint mold, or both legs or the base itself as SilentSurfer had already mentioned. I just don't see the same left leaning issue with the production videos and all their pictures, so there is definitely hope SilentSurfer!

Because of my location it would be killer for me to order it, and then to have to replace it because it leans or because of other damage. No way I would risk ordering this huge statue, not for this amount of money involved, no matter how cool it is. :(

Silentsurfer if you don't mind post it on the Prime 1 Collectors Group Facebook page too so others can be aware of the issue.

Sorry you've had issues, I'd be asking for a replacement if I were in your position. You don't want a statue this big and heavy loose on it's base. And nor should you have to given how much you paid to get it.

Agree, I think an entire replacement is warranted. At this price point it should be as close to the advertised pics (which they have taken at least 70 to show it off) as possible, some minor changes may be reasonable and no defects like the one shown by SilentSurfer. It'd be a PR disaster if most turned out like this and Prime 1 don't get onto it asap. Most would return right away and it'd also affect their anticipated sales for the police shootout.

It is just mind blowing that these things can happen at this price range with Prime1. Also the teeth was pretty much perfect on the prototype. I cannot understand why they changed it. I cannot wait for mine still but those things are just disappointing. Prime 1 was very promising at the beginning and now they are making mess after mess.

Tapatalk doesn't appear to be available in my Google Play Store for Android.
That's odd. I'm an oddball like you using an Android phone lol. I'm using the app, but it's not in the Google store. Wierd. Shame because it makes posting pics really easy. In case it becomes available again this is what it looks like:

6454efd4ad951dc54ba62365aa801647.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

That's odd. I'm an oddball like you using an Android phone lol. I'm using the app, but it's not in the Google store. Wierd. Shame because it makes posting pics really easy. In case it becomes available again this is what it looks like:

6454efd4ad951dc54ba62365aa801647.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Lol am also an android user too :)

Does it look normal? Besides the teeth, any significant differences from the prototype? How do you rate it?

It is just mind blowing that these things can happen at this price range with Prime1. Also the teeth was pretty much perfect on the prototype. I cannot understand why they changed it. I cannot wait for mine still but those things are just disappointing. Prime 1 was very promising at the beginning and now they are making mess after mess.

Your right, the second video from tcu, that endo has problems with it's lean (and head tilted too down). That's 2/3 defective ones so far (Tang brothers endo looks normal). This may not be a one off after all

The head is movable and to be honest it is hard to tell but IMO after watching it a few times it looks good. I don't really see a problem with it.

The head is movable and to be honest it is hard to tell but IMO after watching it a few times it looks good. I don't really see a problem with it.

I'm actually really glad to hear that the head is moveable. I was wondering about that.

Well, I have seen more pictures and videos on Facebook. Some look correct, some don't. None seem as far off as yours Nathan. Either the holes are wrong on yours or there was warping of the lower torso so that the pins are misaligned. I had that happen on two Sideshow pieces.

It has some articulation, left to right, but I'm not sure if it can moved up and down. When does your statue arrive?

Back