Statue Prime 1 Studio - 1/4 Scale - 90's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL ppl making fun of ppl for owning figures.. What has this world come to..... Everyone has their own right to collect whatever the **** they want... You like statues cool but don't name call someone just cause they like figures with posabilty... And hate to break it to you but polystone is still plastic/resin... If you want to pay for these false advertised statues go for it. These are based of Turtles Secret of the ooze not TMNT 1990.. The reason? Donnie and Leo's belt are lowered. No scar on Raph's face or scratches on Raph's shell these might look somewhat like 1990 but they are not... Prime 1 just probe looked up refs for the Turtles movie in general not 1990... The funny thing is NECA's is all hand sculpted and look lot better... Prime 1's is digitally sculpted.. I'm sorry but Leo never made that face in the 1990 movie.

attachment.php

LOL ppl making fun of ppl for owning figures.. What has this world come to..... Everyone has their own right to collect whatever the **** they want... You like statues cool but don't name call someone just cause they like figures with posabilty... And hate to break it to you but polystone is still plastic/resin... If you want to pay for these false advertised statues go for it. These are based of Turtles Secret of the ooze not TMNT 1990.. The reason? Donnie and Leo's belt are lowered. No scar on Raph's face or scratches on Raph's shell these might look somewhat like 1990 but they are not... Prime 1 just probe looked up refs for the Turtles movie in general not 1990... The funny thing is NECA's is all hand sculpted and look lot better... Prime 1's is digitally sculpted.. I'm sorry but Leo never made that face in the 1990 movie.

attachment.php

Doesn't matter bro! It's a statue so that means it's better!

I'm fine if people prefer statues. But if they can't say these look good, then there's something wrong. Either in denial, insecure about owning figures, etc.

Its not that we didn't say they don't look good. We just don't care for toy figures. That's all. You have one individual guy going on about it, over and over again like a broken record, between threads, displaying his 10 year old maturity level, throwing elementary school, playground insults. Some people just cant respect that, and have to go into the other thread, and try to force feed their opinion.

This is my first time coming to this thread, cuz I wanted to see if any of us have been coming in to bash the toy figures. It doesn't appear to be. You don't see me here bashing them, because first and foremost I'm a TMNT fan. And if I was still into toy figures I would get them. I enjoy seeing other people collect them. But its not for me. So why not enjoy your own thing, and leave the rest to enjoy our thing? Just let it go, and give it a rest already. Nobodys gonna change anybodys mind here.

That's all I need to say. I'm confident in how they look, for the insane amount of money I'm about to drop on all four of them. If I didn't think theyre not as accurate as they can get in statue form, then I wouldn't be dropping the cash for them. I feel, and have no need to defend them any further. Just waiting with excitement, and anxiousness to finally get that charge & shipping notice for next month!

Last time I checked, it's still on track for March.

For those getting the set, do you already have a space or table big enough to display all 4 together?

Yeah, they got Raph in a little trenchcoat and funny hat posing him in different positions.

But just Ralph in a trechcoat right? I assume they are not dressing up all the turtles in different outfits like casual street clothes.

The skin texture debate isnt even a debate lol. Its one of the best things about the P1 statues. Gonna be awesome :hi5:

What do you mean by that?

Hey just let it go man. There's only like 4 people interested in these.

Yep that's right only 4 people of this entire thread have mentioned they want these. :rolleyes2

If they like it all cause it's a statue then just let it be. No need to fight.

Not sure about anyone else but I like these because they look good not just because they are statues. If Sideshow made them, I would totally pass on them.

P1 Turtles are made of translucent resin (not polystone)..

Not according to the description on Sideshows Website, I am afraid. :(

Sideshow and Prime 1 Studio are proud to present the Set of 4 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Polystone Statues from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990). Wearing their iconic colored bandanas with their unique weapons, the turtles are ready to take on any enemy. The set features rooftop themed bases that can be displayed together and an exclusive mask and nunchuck accessories. The statues use a high-quality translucent resin for a lifelike skin effect.

Each turtle is also available to be purchased separately! TMNT fans, don't miss your chance to add the Leonardo, Donatello, Raphael and Michelangelo to your collection!

License
TMNT
Type
Polystone Statue
Manufacturer
Prime 1 Studio

Last edited:
Not according to the description on Sideshows Website, I am afraid. :(

Sideshow and Prime 1 Studio are proud to present the Set of 4 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Polystone Statues from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990). Wearing their iconic colored bandanas with their unique weapons, the turtles are ready to take on any enemy. The set features rooftop themed bases that can be displayed together and an exclusive mask and nunchuck accessories. The statues use a high-quality translucent resin for a lifelike skin effect.

It's in the last sentence :)

The new "Out of the Shadows" Turtles from P1 have the same translucent resin skin effect.. I have the 1:3 Hulk from ECC and the translucent resin looks amazing in person.

The new "Out of the Shadows" Turtles from P1 have the same translucent resin skin effect.. I have the 1:3 Hulk from ECC and the translucent resin looks amazing in person.
That hulk is an epic statue

The new "Out of the Shadows" Turtles from P1 have the same translucent resin skin effect..

So it is, now I feel stupid for not reading it correctly. :slap

I have the 1:3 Hulk from ECC and the translucent resin looks amazing in person.

Well translucent resin is the next best thing to silicon for skin realism. These Turtles will look incredibly life-like, which is probably why they have that shiny look to them, because that's the kind of look real turtles have. So it looks like Prime wanted to bring the 90s Turtles to life rather than just copy how they looked on film.

Last edited:
Good morning!! Its now March 1st, and Im constantly looking at my email inbox, waiting for that notification to drop. I got several statues supposed to be shipping out any time now, but these are priority #1, and Im totally excited for!! Dates are still on track for the exclusives. And looking at this picture just makes my heart race. These are so beautiful! Come on sideshow, hurry up!!

Got my two rare turtle sets, and now waiting on my 3rd set. Got the new, sideshow Leo, statues flex payments, almost paid off, followed by Mikey three months in, and Donnie set to start his flex soon. And Raph in April! Should all be done and paid for by September. My collection is nearing completion! Now just waiting on some company to do some proper 87' toon TMNT!!

12644864_849420258500372_5330720324875997631_n.jpg

16179053_1104256059683456_4307097384556602565_o.jpg

The title for the description does say "about this polystone statue" I really hope someone didn't mess up here. I would have been ok with polystone if I didn't think it was translucent resin. Now that I know that information, I don't want it any other way.

IMG_5830.jpg

The title for the description does say "about this polystone statue" I really hope someone didn't mess up here. I would have been ok with polystone if I didn't think it was translucent resin. Now that I know that information, I don't want it any other way.

View attachment 327602

It's probably still a polystone statue in terms of the base and other bits with translucent resin used for the skin areas.

Back