Statue Prime 1 Studio - 1/4 Scale - 90's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
why this thread has been highjacked by toys collectors? buy what u like, but no need to consistently impose your opinion.

Yes.
IMG_8513.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

NECA-TMNT-1990-Leo.jpg

You guys buy from Hot Toys right? Isnt it in the title?

I think Mr ecko's point is that to him they look too real to be toys and thus, should not be considered toys. However, at the end of the day despite how realistic these look too some they still are poseable plastic toys.

why this thread has been highjacked by toys collectors? buy what u like, but no need to consistently impose your opinion.

Because some people believe and are trying to prove that NECA's look far more life-like than these statues and can't understand why people would pick these statues over the toys, since the toys look like the better ones out of the two.

Last edited:
I can picture you, an overgrown construction worker, in his basement, lights dimmed out, sitting Indian style, wearing your little yellow hard hat, and playing with your Barbie playset. Now think about how ridiculous that sounds. Thats you dude.

Sounds pretty pathetic. You're a child, with his plastic toys, and having a tantrum. And that's how most view you, and you're dolls with your very own barbie playset collection. By all means, you can have them.

Dont worry about us and how we spend our money. We're grown adults that can make our own decisions. We'll stick with our $500 paperweights. Thank you very much. ��

Not at all .
I am so happy with my purchases.
I just want you guys not to spend your money on these cheap $500 Polystone paperweights that don't even look like them

lol good for you, don't worry about us, just focus on your toys,, maybe it's time for house upgrade ?
720430cb6e2376f2355797e90c736a30.jpg

Not at all .
I just want you guys not to spend your money on these cheap $500 Polystone paperweights that don't even look like them

^Thats why you have no business being in this thread. You are a troll, and your delusional opinions have no value to me.

I collect statues and figures. I love the Neca Turtles. They fit right in with many of my 1/4 statues.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I think Mr ecko's point is that to him they look too real to be toys and thus, should not be considered toys. However, at the end of the day despite how realistic these look too some they still are poseable plastic toys.

Its so funny to me, they look too real to be toys and yet Echo and the bunch are having so much fun playing with them in the other thread- pose downs, dress up...

I just dont get the adverse reation to the term "toy" when half of the figure companies give themselves names like Hot Toys etc. Some other members have called them dolls now and there has been total silence lol. They dont argue with doll, but they argue with toy :cuckoo: I guess thats telling.

The likenesses have been beaten to death with a stick but these guys are too thick to get it. The Turtle movie used multiple masks and both sets are accurate to the movie- just depends on what youre looking for and what you remember about them. There is less of a problem with the new movie statues because they were computer modeled and everyone only remembers them one way. I dont knock anyone wanting to pick up the Necas or both because while they are toys, theyre nice toys. But I really have to laugh at the whole lotta posing Ive seen on here in the last week- and Im not talking about the figures.

I lovee the Neca Turtles. They fit right in with many of my 1/4 statues.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I don't know the exposed joints really bother me.

Its so funny to me, they look too real to be toys and yet Echo and the bunch are having so much fun playing with them in the other thread- pose downs, dress up...

Well that's what a lot of figure collectors like to do, which is why articulation is so important to them. For me I find it very time consuming and I really don't like putting them into poses, as sometimes it's hard to get it look it look right. BTW when you say dress up, are people actually putting different types of clothing on them?

I just dont get the adverse reation to the term "toy" when half of the figure companies give themselves names like Hot Toys etc.

I know I don't get that either, regardless of how great it looks, it's still a toy, which is why a lot of figure companies put toys somewhere in the title of their name. However, like I said because the toys look so life-like many figure collectors don't consider them toys in the traditional sense.

Some other members have called them dolls now and there has been total silence lol. They dont argue with doll, but they argue with toy :cuckoo: I guess thats telling.

Yeah that is strange, especially since in other threads people get up set with the doll term on certain figures.

The likenesses have been beaten to death with a stick but these guys are too thick to get it. The Turtle movie used multiple masks and both sets are accurate to the movie- just depends on what youre looking for and what you remember about them. There is less of a problem with the new movie statues because they were computer modeled and everyone only remembers them one way.

Yes but some on here are not only complaining about the likeness, they are also saying they lack realism because they don't have enough skin texture etc.

I dont knock anyone wanting to pick up the Necas or both because while they are toys, theyre nice toys.

They sure are but for me they still look too much like toys, maybe it's because of the exposed joints. :dunno

But I really have to laugh at the whole lotta posing Ive seen on here in the last week- and Im not talking about the figures.

Yeah I know what u mean. ;)

Last edited:
Well that's what a lot of figure collectors like to do, which is why articulation is so important to them. For me I find it very time consuming and I really don't like putting them into poses, as sometimes it's hard to get it look it look right. BTW when you say dress up, are people actually putting different types of clothing on them?

Yes but some on here are not only complaining about the likeness, they are also saying they lack realism because they don't have enough skin texture etc.

Yeah, they got Raph in a little trenchcoat and funny hat posing him in different positions.

The skin texture debate isnt even a debate lol. Its one of the best things about the P1 statues. Gonna be awesome :hi5:

They're all toys.

Right on. I call all my stuff my toys, firearms too- course those ones actually get played with :lol

That's me dressing them up. I consider myself an artist and wanted to try and tackle something new. So I found some patterns and materials and made my own jacket and hat for Raphael. It was a good time. Hate on it if you want. That's fine. Like I said before, I have more statues than high-end figures. I'm a stickler for exposed joins, but I felt these figures gave me exactly what I wanted to add to my collection without looking like over-articulated monstrosities.

Whoever is getting the P1 turtles, I commend you. That'll be a piece that grabs the attention of anybody that walks into your room.

f44e3e47dcf1d484e3c5c2b96f35ac0f.jpg

I can picture you, an overgrown construction worker, in his basement, lights dimmed out, sitting Indian style, wearing your little yellow hard hat, and playing with your Barbie playset. Now think about how ridiculous that sounds. Thats you dude.

Sounds pretty pathetic. You're a child, with his plastic toys, and having a tantrum. And that's how most view you, and you're dolls with your very own barbie playset collection. By all means, you can have them.

Dont worry about us and how we spend our money. We're grown adults that can make our own decisions. We'll stick with our $500 paperweights. Thank you very much. ��

Are you serious? Did you copy and paste that a****** comment from somewhere from the depths of the internet? Lol

You clearly don't know me. I'm a veteran of the sideshow freaks.

I have never heard of you so you should probably just keep your mouth shut

These days...these threads...not just this one...all of this **** measuring makes reading the thread annoying and makes me not even want to come in anymore.

When all everyone does is ***** and moan, we all lose.

Guys--come on. A year and a half ago, we didn't think we'd ever get any TMNT Henson movie turtle collectibles. Now, we have two pretty cool options from two different companies.

Like, what's really the problem here?

Good god what's going on in this thread lol? came in for updates/pics and got something completely different.

Cool raph coat/hat btw. Need to look into getting those.

Not at all .

^This is the problem. It doesnt belong in this thread. Theres been an invasion of collecters here that are trying to change peoples minds and not respecting opinions. Echo, if you hate the things and dont want to buy them, why are you even here? To cause problems?

That's me dressing them up. I consider myself an artist and wanted to try and tackle something new. So I found some patterns and materials and made my own jacket and hat for Raphael. It was a good time. Hate on it if you want. That's fine. Like I said before, I have more statues than high-end figures. I'm a stickler for exposed joins, but I felt these figures gave me exactly what I wanted to add to my collection without looking like over-articulated monstrosities.

Whoever is getting the P1 turtles, I commend you. That'll be a piece that grabs the attention of anybody that walks into your room.

Apologies if taken offense. Fwiw I'll throw a hat on a statue from time to time. Its just getting harder and harder to be polite with the trolls being in this forum. When reason doesnt work, then comes the insults. Thats what started Orko up. Echo and the others can go back to their own thread when they get sick of it, but I think they must be having fun. This is the only thread P1 collectors have. We're stuck here for as long as they want to keep doing this. :thud:

Are you serious? Did you copy and paste that a****** comment from somewhere from the depths of the internet? Lol

You clearly don't know me. I'm a veteran of the sideshow freaks.

I have never heard of you so you should probably just keep your mouth shut

Hey just let it go man. There's only like 4 people interested in these. If they like it all cause it's a statue then just let it be. No need to fight.

Back