Prime 1 - Ripley (Aliens)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As far as the base, they just copied ECC with their mirrored infinity effect. The question is whether or not P1 can ship glass without them all being destroyed much like their Big Chap. lol
I do like the price point though. The face though....too wide.View attachment 570406
Glass was destroyed when the Big Chap shipped??

I actually like this over all, face isn't perfect, but as a whole it's a really nice looking statue. I like the infinity effect on the base also.

We knew the price would be high, it's prime 1. But look at it this way... It's not much more than a 1/3 change of head for their Predator.

This is a no-brainer buy for me. Aliens is my all-time favorite movie, and I don't have any of the human characters in statue form. Wish it was cheaper, but prices are crazy all over the place nowadays. Payment plan time!

My point of reference is Sideshow 1:4 scale mixed media Premium Formats which to my knowledge have never come close to the price of this. I was expecting this to be in the $500-$700 range.
Inflation.

Pretty relieved this ended up as 1/4 scale, perfect scale for me, but prices are killing me anyway. Need to get out of this hobby soon.

Really fond of this, pretty good all-round. Face sculpt may not quite be there, but jeez, some years back you could just fantasize about this level of accuracy.
My biggest gripe from the get-go, is...why no addable flame on the flamethrower!? So simple man....

I wonder if they updated the bloodsport (idris elba) facesculpt due to complaints or just due to them thinking they could do better. If it's due to people complaining I suggest everyone start complaining to them about the Ripley. Encouraging them to do better doesn't seem like a bad thing.

I like it as it is, but I'm more concerned about the final paint application to be honest. Aragorn for instance ended up not looking good from what I've seen. And I'm not really familiar with the whole blitzway and P1 collaboration on others too.

Back