Prime 1 - Predator - 1/3 Scale Museum Masterline MMPR-01DXS - Jungle Hunter Predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am so happy with my 1/4 P1 Predator.... But I think I am getting this. Its just too freaking cool. Plus this pic just sells it to me. Holding that spine makes all the difference in the world. Gonna have to step away and really think about this.

mmpr-01dx_a0004-08.jpg
Ya I went for it, once in a lifetime why not. That will by my last statue I buy! So go out with a bang!!!

DXS still available in the UK from Collectibles Direct (close to $5000 though :confused:)
That's insane pricing. Might come out better buying it direct. Sugo (in Australia) still has the DXS, if they ship to UK, might be worthwhile to get a quote on shipping, might save you $500-1k.

That would be the DX wouldn't it? I thought the DXS is the prime 1 store exclusive.
It's P1 store 'exclusive' but some retailers also stock the DXS. I've also written to Sugo to confirm all the bonus parts (just to be 100% sure) when I upgraded to the DXS and they assured me it'll include the bonus lot.

Popcultcha stocks the DX version, but it's $500 more than Sugos DXS! It pays to shop around as there can be quite substantial price differences among different retailers.

That's insane pricing. Might come out better buying it direct. Sugo (in Australia) still has the DXS, if they ship to UK, might be worthwhile to get a quote on shipping, might save you $500-1k.
I looking into Sugo and not much better than direct.
Darksidecollectibles is the best option for UK buyers.
£2,588 plus shipping and V A.T.

That's a pretty competitive price for the UK, and very likely the best deal over there. Easily save 500 pounds.

oh man I'd never heard of them before (is the site darksidetoy.com?) I went with CD just so that I wasn't going to be hit with any unexpected shipping or tax later. Have you ordered from Darkside before?

oh man I'd never heard of them before (is the site darksidetoy.com?) I went with CD just so that I wasn't going to be hit with any unexpected shipping or tax later. Have you ordered from Darkside before?
Yeah. I bought a faulty IA Statue from them and they tried everything possible to rectify it, with little to no help from Imaginarium Art. After months of messing about they gave me a full refund.
Can't fault them.

It's P1 store 'exclusive' but some retailers also stock the DXS. I've also written to Sugo to confirm all the bonus parts (just to be 100% sure) when I upgraded to the DXS and they assured me it'll include the bonus lot.

Popcultcha stocks the DX version, but it's $500 more than Sugos DXS! It pays to shop around as there can be quite substantial price differences among different retailers.
Good to know, thanks man. I'm 50/50 on it, but good to know that they have the DXS.

That Darksidecollectibles (darksidetoy.com) I don't get that site? When i saw their prices i thought wow, ill buy everything from them. I find thier prices missleading, I thought there was a catch, too good to be true. No where on thier site it says + VAT. So annoying, i presumed it will be £2,599.04 + vat = £3118.00 + shipping, god knows how much that be. I went with CDUK.

That Darksidecollectibles (darksidetoy.com) I don't get that site? When i saw their prices i thought wow, ill buy everything from them. I find thier prices missleading, I thought there was a catch, too good to be true. No where on thier site it says + VAT. So annoying, i presumed it will be £2,599.04 + vat = £3118.00 + shipping, god knows how much that be. I went with CDUK.
Not misleading at all. When you change your location to the UK they, correctly, remove and V.A.T from the price. They ship with a 5% V A.T code and I've been assured shipping won't be more than €100.

Serious talk. Forget about my defect issue. They clearly changed the skin style to more cartoon look versus the movie look on the prototype and no, it's not close, it's a totally different style. They didn't even try to match the proto. My question, if they resorted to decals and couldn't match the prototype for the 1/4 then what makes us think they will for the big guy? Let's say they use the same technique and look from the 1/4 on the 1/3... Would that be acceptable to you all? I'm not okay with that personally. I know I'm knew the the high end stuff, owning anyway, been watching for years, but other collectibles are a little differnt than the prototype, which is usually better paint apps but still very close. The 1/4 isn't even close. I'm genuinely open to hear additional thoughts, and yes of course we have to wait regardless. But still interested in opinions on what if?

Attachments

• 20210820_030058.jpg
    20210820_030058.jpg
    179.7 KB · Views: 50
  • Screenshot_20210820-030806_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210820-030806_Gallery.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 49
  • 20210820_030922.jpg
    20210820_030922.jpg
    226.6 KB · Views: 53
  • Screenshot_20210820-030811_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210820-030811_Gallery.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 45
Well a few factors make me believe theyll do the big guy justice..

1) the 1/3 has waaayyyy more care being put into it. Between feedback, rivisions, official comments about its importance AND the owner of Prime 1 personally overseeing this, they know how important this is to their company.

2) Bigger mass = easier to paint fine details.

3) More expensive which hopefully should mean more effort

4) Public reception of this piece is paramount. If this flops, its a HUGE stain on Prime 1 considering how much hype and attention the statue garnered. Prime 1 has put their reputation on the line by not only how expensive this statue is, but by their own claims of this being a landmark product

Good input. I'm very disappointed in the bait and switch that is deceptive in a sleazy way but I agree with a lot of what you're saying. Ima look back at the fugitive skin paint job to refresh my memory

As Blade previously suggested, I think it's a good time for all whos interested in the 1/3 to send an email to Prime 1 expressing their concerns. Its fair to use the 1/4 as a comparison as Prime 1 included a shot showing the size difference between the two, hence logical for collectors to make direct comparisons and to expect improvements in all aspects of the 1/3, especially the paint job.

I'm aware Prime 1 are giving the 1/3 extra attention but it's better to be safe than sorry. I'm pretty sure if they start receiving 50+ emails, it'll deter them from potentially cutting any corners like they did with the 1/4, thereby at least lifting the minimum standards of the 1/3 to ensure it is at least is superior than their other predator products.

Note this, the JH 1/4 still hasn't hit 'low stock' yet since PO back from 2 years ago, and a major contribution to that is due to the downgrade from proto to production piece, no doubt this is still fresh in Prime 1's mind, with so much money and reputation on the line, I doubt they want to repeat the same mistake again they did with the 1/4, especially if collectors proactively and politely put them on notice. They would not want another mass cancellation of their statues, especially not the 1/3, arguably their signature pet project touted as the CM killer, would be a fatal blow to their brand for a good decade if they drop the ball here.

As Blade previously suggested, I think it's a good time for all whos interested in the 1/3 to send an email to Prime 1 expressing their concerns. Its fair to use the 1/4 as a comparison as Prime 1 included a shot showing the size difference between the two, hence logical for collectors to make direct comparisons and to expect improvements in all aspects of the 1/3, especially the paint job.

I'm aware Prime 1 are giving the 1/3 extra attention but it's better to be safe than sorry. I'm pretty sure if they start receiving 50+ emails, it'll deter them from potentially cutting any corners like they did with the 1/4, thereby at least lifting the minimum standards of the 1/3 to ensure it is at least is superior than their other predator products.

Note this, the JH 1/4 still hasn't hit 'low stock' yet since PO back from 2 years ago, and a major contribution to that is due to the downgrade from proto to production piece, no doubt this is still fresh in Prime 1's mind, with so much money and reputation on the line, I doubt they want to repeat the same mistake again they did with the 1/4, especially if collectors proactively and politely put them on notice. They would not want another mass cancellation of their statues, especially not the 1/3, arguably their signature pet project touted as the CM killer, would be a fatal blow to their brand for a good decade if they drop the ball here.
Oh I'm absolutely shooting off a letter until I get a response after this current defect issue of mine is resolved. I also think the comparison is fair because the prototype 1/4 was shown to look painted like the 87 predator.

This will have decals on it guaranteed. Literally all their Predators are made this way, it's just for some reason they dropped the ball on the Big Game Cover Art. I feel like it was rushed out.

Fugitive for example has decals, but it's far better than the Jungle Hunter.

For what it's worth, I do think they'll do a better job on the 1/3, decals or not, but I'm a little hesitant to order now as this whole situation has left a sour taste in my mouth. I would hate to drop 4 grand on it and it turns out pretty average. Feels like a big gamble to pre-order.

This will have decals on it guaranteed. Literally all their Predators are made this way, it's just for some reason they dropped the ball on the Big Game Cover Art. I feel like it was rushed out.

Fugitive for example has decals, but it's far better than the Jungle Hunter.

For what it's worth, I do think they'll do a better job on the 1/3, decals or not, but I'm a little hesitant to order now as this whole situation has left a sour taste in my mouth. I would hate to drop 4 grand on it and it turns out pretty average. Feels like a big gamble to pre-order.
Probably dont have much of a choice if you want this at all to wait till inhand pics. Its either risk it or miss out

Back