Prime 1 - Predator - 1/3 Scale Museum Masterline MMPR-01DXS - Jungle Hunter Predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also, yo it's never shown me THREE options before on the website? Now it's showing a REGULAR no ES, a DELUXE no ES, AND a DELUXE BONUS with 999 wait list. Before it showed the DX/DXS together. So this new?? This means only the bonus parts are limited to 999 and lord only know how many deluxe and regular they sell. Would are likely looking at 100-200 reg (all or nothing it feels) 500-650 deluxe?? And 999 bonus. Close to a total of 2k together ES. Way off?
This could be a possibility that the DX has a separate ES than the DXS 999, and if so, it'd be one of the biggest milkings in the history of statue collecting and very shady.

But my gut tells me its still a total of 999 ES (DXS and DX) but the DXS has 'waitlisted' due to either hitting the quota mark and/or the 'timed' bonus expired (which was mentioned in their statue ad description). The remainder of the 999 would then be sold under DX. Prime 1 not wanting to reveal exactly how many of the 999 are left (marketing psychology), hence no labels. They can't put 'tba' as this would be confirmation of a separate ES, equally, they don't want to reveal exactly how many DXS are sold, so the only option is to leave it blank and just sell it as is until the 999 sell out.

Last edited:
This could be a possibility that the DX has a separate ES than the DXS 999, and if so, it'd be one of the biggest milkings in the history of statue collecting and very shady.

But my gut tells me its still a total of 999 ES (DXS and DX) but the DXS has 'waitlisted' due to either hitting the quota mark and/or the 'timed' bonus expired (which was mentioned in their statue ad description). The remainder of the 999 would then be sold under DX. Prime 1 not wanting to reveal exactly how many of the 999 are left (marketing psychology), hence no labels. They can't put 'tba' as this would be confirmation of a separate ES, equally, they don't want to reveal exactly how many DXS are sold, so the only option is to leave it blank and just sell it as is until the 999 sell out.
That could be, guess we will know once the reg gets an ES or we start getting our boxes. Because the deluxe ppl should really have the 999 edition size with the DXS ppl on their base and box.

They will make a boat load of these because they can. Guaranteed they won't sell out before release (excluding the already waitlisted version). It's nothing more than greed. Edition sizes used to mean something once upon a time, not anymore.

This will definitely have decals also. You'd be naive to think otherwise. Literally every Predator statue they've made so far has used decals, I don't see why this would suddenly change. Apparently even their 1:3 Alien uses decals.

There is absolutely no way they are going to hand paint all of these. It would take them forever. The prototype is simply used as a base and they will try and replicate it as best as they can using decals.

I wouldn't worry though, I'm sure this is going to look nice. Most of their Predators have turned out exceptional so far. Yes the big game cover art is slightly disappointing, but it's the exception, and it's not even bad, it's just not as good as their other efforts.

I highly doubt that the have sold 999 of these already. That ES must be made up mostly of the DX version, with the EX bonus versions being included in the same number. Although some clarification would be nice.

They will make a boat load of these because they can. Guaranteed they won't sell out before release (excluding the already waitlisted version). It's nothing more than greed. Edition sizes used to mean something once upon a time, not anymore.

This will definitely have decals also. You'd be naive to think otherwise. Literally every Predator statue they've made so far has used decals, I don't see why this would suddenly change. Apparently even their 1:3 Alien uses decals.

There is absolutely no way they are going to hand paint all of these. It would take them forever. The prototype is simply used as a base and they will try and replicate it as best as they can using decals.

I wouldn't worry though, I'm sure this is going to look nice. Most of their Predators have turned out exceptional so far. Yes the big game cover art is slightly disappointing, but it's the exception, and it's not even bad, it's just not as good as their other efforts.
Yes, Decals will 100% be on the statue, I don't think anyone is arguing that. Especially the head, the head is a done deal. My concern is the how they'll do the body since it is pretty specific with raised matching what would have been done using decals on the 1/4.

Yes, Decals will 100% be on the statue, I don't think anyone is arguing that. Especially the head, the head is a done deal. My concern is the how they'll do the body since it is pretty specific with raised matching what would have been done using decals on the 1/4.
No idea man. Hopefully they do a good job though, for those of you that ordered.

“Yes the big game cover art is slightly disappointing, but it's the exception, and it's not even bad, it's just not as good as their other efforts.”

What other released P1 Predators are better than the Big Game Cover Art?

“Yes the big game cover art is slightly disappointing, but it's the exception, and it's not even bad, it's just not as good as their other efforts.”

I'd argue almost any of the Predators outside of the other Big Game piece have better paintjobs then the 1/4. Fugitive being their best so far

I'd argue almost any of the Predators outside of the other Big Game piece have better paintjobs then the 1/4. Fugitive being their best so far
Do you have both the Big Game and Fugitive?

I found this video, but it’s not the cover art one. They don’t seem to be that different than the Big Game Covert Art (paint app wise). They also don’t seem to have nearly the presence either. But what do I know, I don’t have either, lol..

Last edited:
That big game predator paint app is terrible imo. Everything, base, skulls, armour and skin look lifeless and flat. Maybe it's the comic style but it doesn't look premium format to me at all. When I saw pics and videos of that instantly I thought what the hell happened, did Prime 1 go colour blind?

The big game 1/4 JH may have got the tone wrong, but it's much better. Production decal issues aside, whilst not at the fugitive level, it's quite decent, still has that popping look.

I almost brought the fugitive pred (was desperate for a predator statue and liked the pose) but the movie sucked so bad I couldn't bring myself over the line. Cool predator but exceptionally terrible movie 😭

Do you have both the Big Game and Fugitive?

I found this video, but it’s not the cover art one. They don’t seem to be that different than the Big Game Covert Art (paint app wise). They also don’t seem to have nearly the presence either. But what do I know, I don’t have either, lol..

I'd say pose and size, the 1/4 is the coolest looking of all the currently released Preds from prime. It's just the bait and switch skin style that brings it down, and the color of the face is just too dark.

1/4 BG Cover Art I mean. I was also very interested in the first Big Game and I have to agree. The moment I seen in hand pics it was an immediate recoil and change of heart. The type of predator, pose and base and very cool but the paint job looked far below what I expected. Not even quality per se, but style. It looks extra cartoony. The fugitive predators look amazing but I personally don't care for the movies nor the armor look, cool just not cool enough but worse is the head designs, I just don't like them except the closed mouth maybe.

Ok, I’m getting confused as to which Big Game Covert Art Predator you guys talking about, lol.

Which one? And which you guys like better?

Attachments

• 08938E12-DC77-4364-A6C2-E788B47E7CF2.jpeg
    08938E12-DC77-4364-A6C2-E788B47E7CF2.jpeg
    166.6 KB · Views: 53
  • D2BE7C8D-11E7-433E-897D-E867E8EA77F3.jpeg
    D2BE7C8D-11E7-433E-897D-E867E8EA77F3.jpeg
    128.5 KB · Views: 58
Ok, I’m getting confused as to which Big Game Covert Art Predator you guys talking about, lol.

Big Game JH hands down. If we look at the statue in it's entirety, it's up their with the best among prime 1 predator statues, I'd rate it overall just a tad behind fugitive but ahead of 1/4 CH and the rest due to its size, presence, sculpt etc.

how does Cracked Tusk compare? I'm so tempted to get it but have other statue priorities... Is it the same scale as 1/4 Big Game JH?

City Hunter and Fugitive were done much better. I don't own either, but a friend of mine does.

how does Cracked Tusk compare? I'm so tempted to get it but have other statue priorities... Is it the same scale as 1/4 Big Game JH?
It's 1/4 scale, looks awesome but I'd be worried about possible leaning issues with such a dynamic pose.

I mentioned then by name Big Game Cover Art vs Big Game so maybe ya read it fast, names are a bit stupid but I like the BGCA best, however I originally wanted the BG until I seen the skin paint job. Looks terrible, style wise for my tastes it's more cartoony than the prototype.

Cracked looks like he's smoking crack. Another one they did too cartoon like for my tastes but the masked portrait is pretty legit. I don't believe it's the same scale as BGCA tho. Closer to reg 1/4 scale

Dundee says Big Game Cover Art looks better than City Hunter and xlp0sive says City Hunter looks better than Big Game Cover Art. The difference of opinions continues, lol.

Back