Prime 1 - Predator - 1/3 Scale Museum Masterline MMPR-01DXS - Jungle Hunter Predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha well yeah one is substantially larger. The big chap is 87 inches and the 1/3 JH is 90. All depending on the base thickness, but from what I can see, the 1/3 Chap and 1/3 JH will scale beautifully.
Here's the three of them together. I think they all look great, but just depends on where you put the line on height. I still maintain that the "1/3" is a little too big for the BC.

Attachments

• scale.jpg
    scale.jpg
    675 KB · Views: 54
Here's the three of them together. I think they all look great, but just depends on where you put the line on height. I still maintain that the "1/3" is a little too big for the BC.
You're also scaling the bc in action pose. The museum is above the back wall.
Screenshot_20210623-084304_Chrome.jpg

This is a lot to take in. First impressions:

- No closed mouth portrait is a serious missed opportunity.
- No hand holding a trophy is another and my biggest gripe.
- City Hunter already looks more enticing due to the fact that it's actually holding something.
- Definitely oversized. I knew they wouldn't be able to resist making this a few inches taller than the CM.
- 100 ****ing pounds. :lol :rotfl:lol:rotfl They're absolutely insane.
- Removable nameplate is a smart choice.
- Not including the dog tags and skull with the standard is a bummer, but not including the loose helmet to place on the base is a sin.

The price for both versions is less than l expected, with the standard costing as much as the CM did (adjusted for inflation). But for $500 more I wish the DX came with a damn trophy hand. Right now the DX edges out the standard only due to the extra base accessories which include the (IMO) essential loose helmet. But I don't know if those are worth half a grand. The other heads and canon will stay in the box.

Overall, this looks like a nice piece and will be worth the purchase if they deliver on paint. But these photos don't blow me away like the Big Game did. Maybe the disappointment from that one has me more cautious. Or maybe I've just seen too many Jungle Hunters recently and am too desensitized to appreciate this.

A trophy hand would really bloody help my lack of enthusiasm.

You're also scaling the bc in action pose. The museum is above the back wall
Both the action and museum pose are about 35" tall though (the museum pose is less than a cm taller than the action, suggesting the Alien is millimeters taller than the wall) and the Predator has his knees bent.

Sculpt update posted on fb
Oh, boy. They just Photoshopped out the wrinkles. :lol The Hot Toys method of addressing complaints. At least it means the overzealous texturing is on their radar. I'm sure we'll see a more proper update in time.

Last edited:
@Blade3327
I think this looks far better than the Big Game. Never warmed to Big Game.

I guess it just proves the importance of how people see things differently.

Closed mouth will always be my favourite portrait however I think they've done a great job on the deluxe portrait.

Agree with @Blade3327 about the skull/spine trophy but honestly for me Gort and deluxe portrait are really worth it. So many closed mouth and classic mask designs out there. I say good job Prime 1. Make no mistake if I could I would throw in a closed mouth portrait for regular and deluxe versions as well. For a 2.5K - 3K statue that shouldn’t be too much of a deal. Will be interesting to see where will shipping prices stand when this guy finally ships out in three boxes. Quite a task for the carriers delivering everything intact…

Last edited:
Agree with @Blade3327 about the skull/spine trophy but honestly for me Gort and deluxe portrait are really worth it. So many closed mouth and classic mask designs out there. I say good job Prime 1. Make no mistake if I could I would throw in a closed mouth portrait for regular and deluxe versions as well. For a 2.5K - 3K statue that shouldn’t be too much of a deal. Will be interesting to see where will shipping prices stand when this guy finally ships out in three boxes. Quite a task for the carriers delivering everything intact…

The thought of putting your trust in the carrier companies to deliver this intact is terrifying! :horror

DX at 999 pieces ( 499 more than what I expected ) and 3K price tag not to mention many are really bummed about the missing closed mouth portrait I think it will be interesting to see how DX version will do. When we can expect to see this guy being displayed?? Which show/convention comes next??

Im all in. Hoping someone local picks this up as shipping costs will bankrupt small villages
Same here. It'll still be pricey but still better than directly ordering from P1 due to shipping cost.

Will you consider DX or leaning towards Reg?

Er, exactly WHAT are you saying Blade3327 ? Are you saying you also like to keep trophies from your victims?:horror
I'm sayin' the Jungle Hunter needs his skull and spine trophy. Just holding it at his side would be a big visual boost and incentivize a DX purchase. He feels kind of plain without it.

I'm sayin' the Jungle Hunter needs his skull and spine trophy. Just holding it at his side would be a big visual boost and incentivize a DX purchase. He feels kind of plain without it.
Phew! For a moment there, i thought you were saying something else.......:lol

Back