Prime 1/Blitzway - Terminator 2 T-800 endoskeleton 1/3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't really mind the left gun being held at an angle since he could be simply be moving that arm while walking. Makes him look less stiff than holding both guns perfectly straight, ready to fire. If anything, I'd prefer the angle to be more exaggerated so it looks intentional. Since it's only slightly off-kilter, it feels like a mistake.

The finish looks heavier and more metallic in the recent pics, so that's a good thing. Clearly lighting plays a big role in how this is perceived. Ultimately, it's the base that kills this for me. It's boring, too similar in color to the figure itself, and I really don't do movie nameplates. A Skynet/Cyberdyne logo would've been fine.

More pics posted from the event seem to show the left arm swaps 🍻🤘🏻

Attachments

• F12D84B0-D9F8-4936-A284-C8EB69759341.png
    F12D84B0-D9F8-4936-A284-C8EB69759341.png
    4.8 MB · Views: 0
Makes him look less stiff than holding both guns perfectly straight, ready to fire. If anything, I'd prefer the angle to be more exaggerated so it looks intentional. Since it's only slightly off-kilter, it feels like a mistake.
Won't make him look stiff. His a robot after all. The correct look would be the left arm and gun raised a tad higher as he is leading then turn with that arm. Not too high as to block his view but just a tad higher to give the illusion of movement.

It definitely looks off, my eyes drew to that first. It could be to do with the sculpt of the left arm, which would need more work in the final product.

Ultimately, it's the base that kills this for me. It's boring, too similar in color to the figure itself, and I really don't do movie nameplates.

Your spot on regarding the base. I initially got tricked by their lighting and thought it looked great lol. You didn't fall for it, kudos. I wonder if they change the metallic surrounding into say a solid black would it look better? A small colour adjustment to give it some contrast. Also would have been better the endos legs stance not so wide (it was closer together in the movie), that would allow them to shrink the base, reduce cost and improve on movie accuracy at the same time.

I don't use FB, if someone can pass this on that group it would be very useful for prime 1.

First picture, neck pistons clearly nowhere near as flared out. Just a little.

First and second picture, if you look closely there are hoses coming out of the trapes piston behind the neck area.

Last picture, legs pistons all have hoses attached to the hydraulic pistons.

Funny thing is their prime 1 endoskeleton had all this, Mr Johnny may have overlooked these.

Screenshot_20230704-100208~2.png
Screenshot_20230704-100258~2.png
Screenshot_20230704-100333~2.png

Sorry, I may have missed it a while back in the posts, but does anybody know the approximate height of this new endo in inches/cm? Will it be to scale with their Alien big chap?

The above pic if correct had killed me purchasing this wow. The scale is way off the endo looks anorexic
That's also the most difficult thing to change. Almost zero chance imo. If lucky we may get some extra cables and other parts placed correctly in the sculpt. The teeth is also likely a no change. Could turn out worse upon release.

With these flaws it all comes down to pricing for me now. Under 1.3k I may bite. Anything more is an instant no. Either way it's a risky one, knowing the production piece will be inferior to what is shown. The joys of collecting lol.

If scale isn't a concern, then the LFS 1:1 scale endoskeleton is the best available.

In smaller scale, you have the Cinemaquette - I believe those were 1:2 or 1:3 scale, I may be wrong. Though it has its assembly and pose issues. Supervised by Stan Winston.

In 1:6 scale you have the PT Studios 1:6 metal endoskeleton.

Everything else doesn't even come close.

I think most people have a false idea how an accurate endoskeleton actually looks. Most licensed and fan made makes the shoulders way too wide, giving it an American Footballer look rather than anything anatomically accurate. But sure... the Prime1 one does have that quarter scale Hot Toys look to its proportions.

PropStore - 2019-08-14 - Terminator 2 - Endoskeleton - 001.jpgPropStore - 2019-08-14 - Terminator 2 - Endoskeleton - 003.jpgPropStore - 2019-08-14 - Terminator 2 - Endoskeleton - 004.jpg

Last edited:
If scale isn't a concern, then the LFS 1:1 scale endoskeleton is the best available.
Those have been around for a long time and besides the space requirements and price, there are other reasons why most endoskeleton fans have avoided them.

In smaller scale, you have the Cinemaquette - I believe those were 1:2 or 1:3 scale, I may be wrong. Though it has its assembly and pose issues. Supervised by Stan Winston.
There 1/3.

In 1:6 scale you have the PT Studios 1:6 metal endoskeleton.
Only 10 made and retailed at 4k. Not really a statue but incredible craftsmanship and excellent accuracy. Though they added hoses to the bicep and tricep pistons, looks kinda cool, but not accurate.

This looks.... nice. It's not the end-all I was hoping it would be, but if amended or affordably priced it will certainly be added to my collection. I like it, but it looks just like a larger rendition of the HotToys 1/4 version. Not bad, but not great.

For some reason, when I posted yesterday, the comparison pictures of the MovieStillsDB and the Prime1 didn't show up. I can definitely tell the Prime1 is squished. Too quarter scale Hot Toys look for me.

Back