Preview : SW Mace Windu jedi Master

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This should have been our first preview:

IMG_0176.JPG

It seems as though Mace includes his blue lightsaber (at least the hilt) as well as his AOTC-ROTS purple saber. That is astounding attention to detail on SSC's part. This may well become my favorite offering in the SW line so far. Fantastic. Simply fantastic.

Vonhahn said:
I think is stump could use a couple of bones.....

Nah. THis is how it looked in the film, all cauterized and blackened. The bones and marrow would have all melted and cauterized on the surface as well. My question is: how does it attach?

It's probably mid arm much like Anakins, obviously, minus the hand.........

theverse said:
It's probably mid arm much like Anakins, obviously, minus the hand.........

I don't think they need a enitre interchangeable arm. The hand stump would go over the hand peg just fine. It may be a bit long, but it wouldn't be bad. I'm just glad they are making a stump. They could have just as easily given us nothing to put there for his missing hand.

I wonder if they will bother doing this with Maul and his waist split?

In the movie, it was cut at the wrist.

Anakin was good with his blade, both Mace and Dooku lost their hands at the wrist.

EVILFACE said:
In the movie, it was cut at the wrist.

Anakin was good with his blade, both Mace and Dooku lost their hands at the wrist.

I realize that, but I think the stump is going to be a bit longer than that so it can fit on the hand peg. It would seem you could move the stump from the wrist, so it would be film inaccurate by a 1/4 of an inch or so. I'm just glad they are even doing it. I imagine Dooku's would be similar even though his cuts seemed a bit higher up than at the wrirst.

This is really an exciting feature!! I'm not certain I'll be displaying anybody with stumps (maybe Nakin w/ Dooku), but it's a wonderful addition.

As to Maul, I'd be surprised if they do the waist split at all. It would require an intricate new body and the costume would have to be designed to split. And he might lose poseability in the waist because of the mechanism, be it magnet or lock-in-place, and then you have to account for the cauterized detail. I'd rather have the articulation.

Honestly, I'd like to see a little more articulation in the torso, period. It'd be nice if they could hunch forward more without looking straightbacked.

ok im really excited because this is my favorite jedi master, but im not so excited because i have a class on mondays from 1-2.... so my only solution is to tell the teacher i will be missing class that day.

Monday will not be a holiday for very many people, bank and postal employees, maybe high school and younger children, but us poor college saps will be there. I'm thinking maybe I'll take my laptop, think the professor will mind if I order Mace Windu during class? :naughty

Only asking because many school districts get the day off. I wonder about the post office?

Back