Preview : SW Mace Windu jedi Master

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The face looks good, but the eyes are off. The material for the robe is completely wrong. I wonder why they chose that weird tweed fabric swatch?

I hope our French friends find the SW 1/4 pic soon!

Heck, I'll just stick it here and save people the trouble of clicking. Hope that's OK.

mace021006windu_01copie.jpg

Nice tom!!!
The scale of the fabric looks a little weird, and my monitor is really dark at work, so a lot of the detail is lost, but a cool addition to the Jedi line. Now I can customize both a twelve inch Mr. Glass from Unbreakable (way underrated) and the crackhead from Jungle Fever, 'cause who doesn't like crackheads!:D

Thanks for the link Jo Yana, and welcome to the board!

Considering it's obviously taken from this scene in the film (note the background pic), the eyes aren't large and round enough, and the robe texture isn't subtle at all. Sam also has extremely dark eyes, so I don't know why they went with the light brown color. This is the weakest of the SW 12" figures announced so far, IMO.

movie3bg9ad.jpg

I'm sure the exclusive will be Jango's head.

Actually, now that I think about it, if they just darken the eyes to a very dark brown almost black color, then it will look right. The scale on the robe texture needs to be taken down also. This figure is very close to being really good, but the details are off at this point.

Any photoshop experts out there want to take a crack at darkening the eyes? Tom?

elwood49 said:
Actually, now that I think about it, if they just darken the eyes to a very dark brown almost black color, then it will look right. The scale on the robe texture needs to be taken down also. This figure is very close to being really good, but the details are off at this point.

Any photoshop experts out there want to take a crack at darkening the eyes? Tom?

:confused: Not again.

The likeness is a little off but if you really look at it you can see SLJ there. I thought it was a little off too. I like it and am glad we'll finally get a definitive Mace with a goofy smile or dumb scream. I'm all set and if he comes with a severed Jango head as the exclusive that IMO will be the coolest one yet!

Looks ok, but the eyes are off, the eyebrows are too small, he head is too round and the ears are too low. Also his hand is too small and doesnt look screen acurate. What is with the clothes? they don't look like the same material used on screen. I don't want another Jedi, That really doesnt look like SLJ I think I'll have to pass.

Seriously, not again! :D

Mace looks very good. Yeah, they might change the texture of his robe, but I'm not bothered in the slightest by his face sculpt, or the color of his eyes. The expression and the pose are amazing.

Jo Yana seems to have gotten the newsletter before it was sent! :naughty

I think it's just the photography that has 2 light reflecting points in his eyes. Personally I don't think they should change them at all. And the strobing effect on the robe is also probably do the weave of the fabric and wouldn't be noticable at all in real life.

And this is a great sculpt - can't see how anyone can say it's "off".

Another great Bergholtz!​

Hell yeah! It's time to kick some ass! The hair color is off. Tom, you wanna throw a 'fro on him?

Not thrilled. Another PT as expected. Everyone here is getting too good at guessing.

I like the shades though.

I'll buy him, but he'll probably stay in the box.

Back