Preview : SW Mace Windu jedi Master

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JustinLuck said:
Here is a fan corrected version made by FilthyJawas:

mace021006windutake2.jpg

Once again an excellent face sculpt.....and once again the eyes are too light.:confused:

You could also take those bags from under Hans eyes and put them on this one. The fan pic looks so much better.

Man, am I going to have to ***** about this on every figure now? :D

I'm not even going to say anything else about it and simply hope SS corrects it like they did with Han. He's black for Pete's sake. He has dark dark brown eyes.

SS, are you purposefully lightening the eye color on this as an inside joke over the Han debate and have every intention to darken them but want to get us riled up?

I still don't see a problem with the eye color. Looks the same to me in both versions. It's the actual size of the eyes that makes a big difference.

Huh...the fan corrected ones do look better but then again Sideshow isn't above correcting anything in their designs look at the whole Bespin Han thing. I'm sure once SST is all said and done this thing will look amazing like all the others.

nash said:
Courtesy of filthyjawas over at RS.

mace021006windutake25on.jpg

Haha. That looks infinitely better. The eye corrections are exactly as a described back on page 1.

And none of the other reference photos have convinced me to think anything other than that the eyes were painted the wrong color.:peace

JustinLuck said:
I still don't see a problem with the eye color. Looks the same to me in both versions. It's the actual size of the eyes that makes a big difference.

They're darker.

He darkened the skin also which helps. SLJ is very dark skinned.

The bags under the eyes and the slight spacing apart help tremendously also.

Looks like he furrowed his brow also which definitely gives him that great mean look.

The ear and hand complaints are beyond me though.:confused:

The brow and spacing looks the same to me in both pics. The eyes are physically larger, so that is why they look further apart. The skin might look better, but it is not critical to the resemblance. The size of his eyes are what make the huge difference. Take a look at his left ear lobe. I thought he was wearing an earring.

Buttmunch said:
BTW, I believe it is only his hand that is cut off :rolleyes:

Just went back and watched Mace VS Sidious, and sure enough, Windu only loses his hand.:bow I find that vaguely...disappointing. Not sure why. Either way, Mace looks great so far. I sense that this will not be as quick nor as easy as Kit.

Ahhhhh, I am finally home from work and get to see Mace. He looks maaavelous. I do agree that the darker eyes look great and maybe the darker skin also. I am confident that will be taken care of. The sculpt for me is fantastic. Way to go Andy!!!!!!!! :D

Poggle the Greater said:
They're darker.

He darkened the skin also which helps. SLJ is very dark skinned.

The bags under the eyes and the slight spacing apart help tremendously also.

Looks like he furrowed his brow also which definitely gives him that great mean look.

The ear and hand complaints are beyond me though.:confused:

Looks like he made the eyes a little bigger, too.

Now why didn't Sideshow hold off on Han until they announced Mace? It just seem that if they were going to have another Jedi so soon that they would announce him before they went on to the Heroes line. Now we'll never be able to predict what is coming next.

One thing I really love about Sideshow is that they don't announce something without having a pic of it (usually, except the EU vote figure obviously). I then like being able to pre-order in usually within a week.

Poggle the Greater said:
Agreed.

That does make a huge difference because SLJ is kinda bug-eyed!

That's what I originally said, but you didn't notice until now? :confused:

Wor-Gar said:
But didn't they say there was going to be a more equal dispersing between PT and OT?

They did say they were going for that but also said that there is more to choose from with the PT than with the OT, in reference to the lines.

So far we've got 1. Luke Skywalker ROTJ, 2. Anakin Skywalker ROTS, 3. Obi-Wan Kenobi ROTS, 4. Kit Fisto AOTC/ROTS, 5. Han Solo ESB and 6. Mace Windu AOTC/ROTS (most likely)....if they stick with their 9-10 figures a year then we've only got 3 figures left this year. One was eluded to be a Sith Lord (My money is on Sidious)....

I actually don't mind all the PT offerings right now because with 2007 being the 30th Anniversary of A New Hope we are gonna get slammed with OT offerings from every licensee, most likely including SSC.....

That's probably true, Jedi_Mike

I'm also betting on Sidious to start the Sith line, but I think it will be the ROTJ Emperor version.

Still, if they are trying to balance the force here, 2 OT to 4 PT may give us a clue to the next figure.

Maybe because of intense popular demand, they might increase the number of figures this year. :D

Back