Present Toys PT-76 - Matrix MORPHEUS "Sage Mentor"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Her red outfit would definitely pop more on the shelf, as well as potentially (ahem) distract from any deficiencies in the sculpt lol. But did they ever show the complete costume? I only recall seeing her from the waist up. Maybe that's why they're doing her wearing the white dress?
She was in Revelations for 2 minutes, she at least had a couple substantial scenes in Reloaded. There’s no reason for them to release a figure of her from the 3rd film.

In saying that, the dress from 3 is very cool, it’s a shame she’s only shot waist up in her brief scene because in the dvd behind the scenes test footage of her in the dress it looks great. Very big ballroom style red leather gown from what i remember.

She was in Revelations for 2 minutes, she at least had a couple substantial scenes in Reloaded. There’s no reason for them to release a figure of her from the 3rd film.

In saying that, the dress from 3 is very cool, it’s a shame she’s only shot waist up in her brief scene because in the dvd behind the scenes test footage of her in the dress it looks great. Very big ballroom style red leather gown from what i remember.
I never saw that test footage but it turns out there were a couple of brief views of her dress from overhead during the big fight scene at the club.

Persephone6.png

Persephone7.png

It does look like the Present Toys is an upgrade to the Toys Works version from 2020 (below). More streamlined and less 'puffy' doll. I'd like to grab that alligator coat.

If I get the entire figure, then one would be Matrix Morpheus -- as Toys Works gives you a 2nd coat that's closed up -- and the other would be either open coat Reloaded (as I have below)... or maybe even coatless Morpheus (truck fight).

Morpheus icon.jpg

Last edited:
Men of culture, we meet again…

I’m waiting to see if GunDamit will offer the Fishbone set. Always worth seeing what their price is as I assume Kit will estimate a high-ish shipping rate due to the inclusion of the chair but GD somehow manage to ship larger packages incredibly cheap- and I’m all about cheap.
The Fish Bone set is $199.99 at Giantoy, $208 at OSK. Their prices are basically the same for the Present Toys version ($169.99 and $168, respectively), so $30 extra for the chair & side table at Giantoy vs. $40 extra at OSK.

Have you purchased from GunDamit before? I'm not familiar with them.

no wonder we missed
The Fish Bone set is $199.99 at Giantoy, $208 at OSK. Their prices are basically the same for the Present Toys version ($169.99 and $168, respectively), so $30 extra for the chair & side table at Giantoy vs. $40 extra at OSK.

Have you purchased from GunDamit before? I'm not familiar with them.
Gundamit is very reliable. They are the sister site of ShowZStore that is a very reliable store that sells primarily Transformers. It used to all be in one site, but I think with the 1/6 scale blow up, they split into two sites, one for Transformers/robots and one for 1/6 scale and other similar collectibles. I have no hesitation in ordering from them and they have some of the best prices. They just aren’t as fast to put up the POs as other places

Last edited:
I like GunDamit. I'd buy from them all the time if I could. Best reward system and prices I've seen online.

I have the Toys Works and think I'm good with that. Don't really like either of these sculpts, I think the Fishbone sculpt is worse and looks too lanky overall. I'd like the chair and that's about it.

I like GunDamit. I'd buy from them all the time if I could. Best reward system and prices I've seen online.

Yeah, I like GunDamit - I thought the $1 deposit was too good to be true at first but they fulfilled my order on a 1/6 Alice figure.

I think the rewards system cost extra for a Premium membership if you want 3% Rewards. But they will reimburse you if the rewards you earn do not equal the amount of the membership fee.

Preordered both versions from onesixthoutfitters. Will probably keep the present toys version, chair and table from fishbone version and sell the rest.

Looks like GunDamit aren’t going to list the fish bone figure, so OSK it is.

I messaged Kit if I could preorder still and he said no, the figure is "actually releasing."

Giantoys had the figure for order but deposit was no longer an option - I paid the full $200.

The release is Q1 2024 so probably within the next few weeks - quick turnaround, I could of sworn this just went up for PO.

Wonder if Breda will review the FishBone Morpheus figure soon, he seems to be the 1st with the 3rd party figures.

So we never got a Fishbone Morpheus thread? Should probably start a generic Fishbone Matrix line thread since they have such grand plans- but, for now, I’ll just post here.

Fishbone Morpheus is pretty low quality; this is especially apparent in the way they’ve presumably just tried to stain some generic white hands as mine are all blotchy and inconsistent like he’s been applying fake tan.

Diecast weapons is an interesting choice but there’s only one accessory I had any real interest in- the chair.

I got this set for one reason and one reason only- to sit Morpheus down and have him offer up those yummy pills- and, for that purpose, he is sufficient.

IMG_4899.jpeg
IMG_4898.jpeg
IMG_4900.jpeg

The jacket doesn’t close quite high enough at the neck so I attempted using the other Toys Works jacket, but that was wayyy too large and thick. At least this one can be tamed.
I did take his tie off and give that to my TW Morpheus as an upgrade though.

Comparison with TW jacket on the left

IMG_5048.jpeg

A complete no-go.

The absence of socks is also annoying. I’ve concealed his pasty, white ankles with folds from the jacket.

The chair and table are heavy resin which is just something I’ve come to expect now. I don’t know why companies are doing this instead of using hollow plastic but what-evs.
It seems a bit undersized as well.

No magnets in the head for the glasses either. They actually have a sticky substance on the back so you just have to paste them directly onto Morpheus’ face.

Speaking of his face, I’m actually pretty satisfied with the sculpt. It will probably turn out to be the best of the bunch given PT’s track record.

All in all I’m satisfied but under no illusions about this being a good figure.

Back