Premium collectors grade statues

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quadcent

Super Freak
Reaction score
this was brought up in another thread and thought it was a worthy question.

has ssc ever considered making a premium collectors line? such as having a handful of each statue made, be painted by a professional.

say about 5% of the total ES, so a 500 ES would have 25 painted by a higher quality painter than the others. of course a higher price tag would come with that, but i for one would be interested in such pieces if not for better quality workmanship also for more rare/lower ES pieces.

just a thought

Sounds like a good idea, some of the really nice sculpts have failed to reach their full potential due to the assembly line factory paint. The Indy ROTLA for instance looks so much better when repainted.

For the prices they charge ALL of the pieces should be painted by a high quality painter, not just a few ones.

Last edited:
For the prices they charge ALL of the pieces should be painted by a high quality painter, not just a jew ones.

Aye!! Although that would be an admission that alot of these High End Collectibles with high end prices are released with itsh paint apps.

I think this is a pretty cool idea. I'd consider paying more for some of the statues. But I think it'd be a hassle for Sideshow. I think people would still complain it's not good enough for the price, and others would say

For the prices they charge ALL of the pieces should be painted by a high quality painter, not just a jew ones.

So it's probably not worth the hassle they would go through.

Sounds like a good idea, some of the really nice sculpts have failed to reach their full potential due to the assembly line factory paint. The Indy ROTLA for instance looks so much better when repainted.

The paint job doesn't bother me as much as the jacket looking green.

I think it's all fine and dandy until someone sees the actual price of what it'd cost for a "premium grade" statue. From the look of things, people can't even afford to keep standard Exclusives on order. :lol

I think it's all fine and dandy until someone sees the actual price of what it'd cost for a "premium grade" statue. From the look of things, people can't even afford to keep standard Exclusives on order. :lol

true enough, but it's not like they'd have to sell half the ES, just a small percentage.
for example if i were to pay a $100 premium for a perfect paint apps AH or Brooks piece and not get the google eyes.

i'd happily pay it and have a special piece with an ES of only 25-50 :yess:

true enough, but it's not like they'd have to sell half the ES, just a small percentage.
for example if i were to pay a $100 premium for a perfect paint apps AH or Brooks piece and not get the google eyes.

i'd happily pay it and have a special piece with an ES of only 25-50 :yess:

$100 isn't gonna cover a Sideshow artist painting a statue bud. Won't even come close. Add another zero for that type of stuff. :lol

$100 isn't gonna cover a Sideshow artist painting a statue bud. Won't even come close. Add another zero for that type of stuff. :lol

$1000 extra, now that's funny BUD.

i bought the Dark Ivory original white dress for $179 and then they released a red dress variant painted by one of thier own painters for $379 and it came in perfect.

either way i think there'd be an interest in such a line and just depends on the sculpt and time involved to do such a thing.

$1000 extra, now that's funny BUD.

i bought the Dark Ivory original white dress for $179 and then they released a red dress variant painted by one of thier own painters for $379 and it came in perfect.

either way i think there'd be an interest in such a line and just depends on the sculpt and time involved to do such a thing.

No, I'm not saying $1k extra but you'd be around that number, expecting a statue completely hand painted by one of Sideshow's artists.

I like this idea too and have been suggesting it for a while. I think Sideshow have never shown much interest because they think it might devalue their regular production statues. But that's all an issue of marketing and how the 'elite' editions would be pitched. Promote them as another type of line (like 'Master Painted' or something similar) and people would view them as a different category and not just examples of how the regular editions should be painted.

The only problem of course is damages . You couldn't have a replacement run produced in case of faults and shipping damages, as is the case now. If your statue took a nosedive from a truck courtesy of Mr Fedex driver, that would be end of story.

Back