Premier Toys Wasteland Gladiator 1/6th figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
By the way, I don't see how the JX Toys S-01 body could be used for a Peter Parker figure. It is way too tall. I think that it is perfect for a 5'11" figure, give an inch either way. It works perfectly for my Indy figure.

Just in case I've got a different version, here's a quick pic:
View attachment 554108

That's the one.

I bought it when it was first released, and assumed it was going to be the same height as the Ganghood 2.0.

I didn't measure the exact difference when I had both bodies together today.

I made Max back up to 11.5" above his boot soles (5' 9"). His ankles, without any pegs, are pushed into the white tack in his boots.

That's the one.

I bought it when it was first released, and assumed it was going to be the same height as the Ganghood 2.0.

I didn't measure the exact difference when I had both bodies together today.

I made Max back up to 11.5" above his boot soles (5' 9"). His ankles, without any pegs, are pushed into the white tack in his boots.
Cool. I really like how it looks in your pics. It will be my go-to replacement body.

I got some spare parts from this set. The dog looks nice, maybe a bit on the small side. I was able to take the leg brace off the boots and put the brace on my Mr E boots.

BltN1G0.jpg

oWk9tXa.jpg

You guys sold me on the JX body as well. Pretty good color match. Would you happen to have a picture of the wrist pegs?

I don't know what pegs are on mine, as the body's been through a couple of previous lives.

According to JX's advert they match the body pretty well:

FIGURE-038691_05_large.jpg

On mine the left is covered by the jacket sleeve, and the right is barely visible with the QMx Sulu hand.

100_1758.JPG

I got some spare parts from this set. The dog looks nice, maybe a bit on the small side. I was able to take the leg brace off the boots and put the brace on my Mr E boots.

BltN1G0.jpg

oWk9tXa.jpg

BltN1G0.jpg

oWk9tXa.jpg
Hey Shells075,

What head sculpt are you using? it looks fantastic and almost exactly like Mel!! I appreciate your response in advance :)

That really is a big improvement to the original figure for sure. I love The Road Warrior and I am glad there is finally figures coming out. The headsculpt though not terrible is off. Maybe to clean and a little cartoony. Not the grisseled Max we all love but still decent.

The sculpt has an odd quality. It doesn't photograph well for a start, probably because it is so smooth and youthful. On display it looks a bit better because of the lighting, and there's a hint of Mel at times. However, the eyes make him look melancholic. The expression doesn't compliment any action pose.

I appreciate the in-depth review and mods you are doing here, Asta. Personally, I'm not sure if I can pull the trigger or not. Seems like the sculpt and body aren't gonna get the job done, so it's basically just paying for the outfit and accessories if I were to go this route.

I appreciate the in-depth review and mods you are doing here, Asta. Personally, I'm not sure if I can pull the trigger or not. Seems like the sculpt and body aren't gonna get the job done, so it's basically just paying for the outfit and accessories if I were to go this route.

I wouldn't bother, because there's barely anything right with it.

The jacket isn't accurate.

The brace isn't accurate, plus it's attached to a boot sculpted with a matching strap - so the boots won't work without this brace.

The holster is the wrong colour and wrong design.

The holster straps are too big and can't be tightened.

The Sam Browne is inaccurate.

The axe handle is too long.

You may have to glue the shotgun closed to stop it from dropping open.

All in all, the figure is a dog... and his dog's probably half an inch too short as well. :lol

It was a case of saving the figure so it could stand as an idea of Mel in Mad Max 2.

Thanks, shells! I reached out to him. Hopefully he is offering a painted version.
Hopefully with the new Max figures on the market, he will do another run of sculpts. The sculpt is pretty nice, defo a strong resemblance to Mel. I think it cost me 60 or 70 bucks. I got a painted one, as I'm no good at creative stuff.

Back