Premier Toys Wasteland Gladiator 1/6th figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Overall I think the outfit and accessories look ok. I may need to swap the body out with something seamless.

Anyone have any good ideas on what would work for this guy? I was thinking maybe Phicens M32

Is it me or does this look cheap and tacky? I'm holding out for better in hand videos etc before making a call.

they didn't even use buttons it's drawn on circle right?
Screenshot_20211225-185644_YouTube.jpg

Last edited:
Looks good, sculpt and outfit look serviceable. He could have futzed the belt better to have the gun sling sit properly. I am happy that the shoulder paldron is not too small...this was my biggest fear. Can't wait to get this.

$200 vs $1000+ custom...this is a no brainer...

Well, sadly, that video has not instilled confidence. The scale of the parts is all over the place. The shoulder pad is small, the hatchet pouch is huge, and so it goes. And the dog is the size of a rabbit. Starter pieces if you have nothing else.

I really did feel this had the best chance of being the best Max, but now I'm hoping the final Dark Toys can provide a better base.

Waiting for the next Max to see what can be cobbled from that.

That all said -- I am very happy to see Max being produced at all. So this is all good.

Well, sadly, that video has not instilled confidence. The scale of the parts is all over the place. The shoulder pad is small, the hatchet pouch is huge, and so it goes. And the dog is the size of a rabbit. Starter pieces if you have nothing else.

I really did feel this had the best chance of being the best Max, but now I'm hoping the final Dark Toys can provide a better base.

Waiting for the next Max to see what can be cobbled from that.

That all said -- I am very happy to see Max being produced at all. So this is all good.

It was a pretty horrible video, with the colours, focus and perspective, but at the moment it's a case of any port in a storm. :lol

I'm looking forward to having it in hand to see what's what.

I think the dog might be okay as it wasn't that big in real life.

Max Max Road Warrior2.jpg

pmm.jpg

When he picks the dog up it seems like it could be the right size, unless the reviewer just has small hands! I tried to judge it against a figure, and it's back came to around the right height.

pmm2.jpg

In the present scheme of things it's quite a cheap figure in terms of cost, so it was likely to be a 'starter kit', or a placeholder in lieu of something much more expensive.

Present Toys' is cheaper still, though it doesn't have a dog, so it may be possible to make one decent figure, and have parts left over for other projects.

Dark Toys may have the most accurate Mad Max 2 holster of the three, as it has the studs and retaining strap. Yet it looks too long considering how high the belt is on the figure.

Dark Toys Mad Max (4).jpg

file.php

You can just make out the retaining strap in Present's photos too, but they never show the holster fully from the side.

The Premier holster is the simpler original Mad Max design.

Mad Max holster.jpg

I'm going to hope the Dingo in Dark Toys is better scaled. I prefer the alert pose of the DT anyway as opposed to the walking one with Premier.

As was always predicted, you'll be able to make a solid Max but it will take all three figures to do it probably, plus a new headsculpt.

I'm going to hope the Dingo in Dark Toys is better scaled. I prefer the alert pose of the DT anyway as opposed to the walking one with Premier.

As was always predicted, you'll be able to make a solid Max but it will take all three figures to do it probably, plus a new headsculpt.
I think the head will shrink which isn't a bad thing as that cultking head was massive.

I'm on the edge of cancelling this and going with Dark toys. I had the orginal battle damage head it was so good but very large.

Is Dark Toys what Cult King/iminime used to be? The DT fig looks identical to the old CK fig.
My Max fig has the CK clothes and holster. The DT fig has the same sculpt as the CK fig. I never really liked that sculp so I was able to pick the MM sculpt made by From Russia With Love Customs.

DSCF2011.JPG

DSCF2012.JPG

Is Dark Toys what Cult King/iminime used to be? The DT fig looks identical to the old CK fig.
My Max fig has the CK clothes and holster. The DT fig has the same sculpt as the CK fig. I never really liked that sculp so I was able to pick the MM sculpt made by From Russia With Love Customs.

Dark Toys is Redman, and Redman have a long history of using Iminime/Cult King recasts.

That video wasn't the greatest in showing off the figure so I'll wait until mine arrives before deciding what is good and bad. I did go into this with the knowledge that it was a base figure so I'm ok with the photos from Kit and KG. If I get anything resembling those, I'll be ok. The head sculpt, while I think it looks to be the best of the three, still hasn't won me over, though. A good head sculpt, as Shell's shows, really makes a huge difference.

Mine is on the way. The video affirms that most of it is satisfactory to me, but makes me think I might need to switch out the body for one with a longer neck, although futzing with the jacket might help. If not, I'll be looking for body reccommends.

Mine reached the UK a little while ago.

It may get here this year, otherwise it'll be delayed by another few bank holidays. :impatient:

That video wasn't the greatest in showing off the figure so I'll wait until mine arrives before deciding what is good and bad. I did go into this with the knowledge that it was a base figure so I'm ok with the photos from Kit and KG. If I get anything resembling those, I'll be ok. The head sculpt, while I think it looks to be the best of the three, still hasn't won me over, though. A good head sculpt, as Shell's shows, really makes a huge difference.
Yeah, I'm not sure if From Russia With Love Customs is still making Max sculpts?
BeastMaster over at One Sixth Custom is maybe going to do a run of MM sculpts next year. Im pretty sure with enough interest a new Max Sculpt will be created, especially with 3 Max figures coming out all with sub par sculpts. Its always been hard up to now kit bashing a MM fig as his outfit and accessories are so specific, but now with 3 figs soon to be on the market, there will be plenty of options for kit bashes to make the MM fig they want.

https://customonesixth.com/threads/beastmaster-mad-max-mel-gibson-sculpt.192588/

Yeah, I'm not sure if From Russia With Love Customs is still making Max sculpts?
BeastMaster over at One Sixth Custom is maybe going to do a run of MM sculpts next year. Im pretty sure with enough interest a new Max Sculpt will be created, especially with 3 Max figures coming out all with sub par sculpts. Its always been hard up to now kit bashing a MM fig as his outfit and accessories are so specific, but now with 3 figs soon to be on the market, there will be plenty of options for kit bashes to make the MM fig they want.

https://customonesixth.com/threads/beastmaster-mad-max-mel-gibson-sculpt.192588/
Yes, I've been following that thread but it appears to be dead.

Hi guys, with regard to the Beastmaster sculpt run, we're just waiting for the Leon and Matilda sculpt runs (which I'm also on) to get completed before he turns his attention fully to Max. It's going to take a while to get off the ground, but I really want it to happen as his sculpt is phenomenal. We've also got a really healthy level of interest at the moment with over 40 people interested, which was the initial requirement to make it happen.

Last edited:
Video review:

Despite the various little issues I can deal with much of this and for the most part it's reasonable for a cheap figure, but in some moments of the video the head sculpt looks too small. Almost as if it shrunk and came out about 10-20% smaller than it should be. That would be hard to live with when the this is on a shelf with other 1:6 scale figures, standing there like a pinhead.

Despite the various little issues I can deal with much of this and for the most part it's reasonable for a cheap figure, but in some moments of the video the head sculpt looks too small. Almost as if it shrunk and came out about 10-20% smaller than it should be. That would be hard to live with when the this is on a shelf with other 1:6 scale figures, standing there like a pinhead.

I'll find out soon, as Royal Mail have confirmed delivery for tomorrow.

Back