Predators - 1/6th scale Classic Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
a34fb623499362bd58734ce3a9867df3.jpg

c7e020583e177c9e28c75f64e20796b6.jpg

I absolutely love the figure. I added some trophies and the Pred 2 bag (basically parts I could get cheap on eBay). He was missing some accessories for sure but when added in he now looks more like a jungle hunter predator. The base is very cool too. Not a fan of the unmasked face tho with the mandible seams and all. Got the Neca 1/4 unmasked city hunter to display an unmasked predator. Overall tho this is an amazing figure and has a lot more to offer than some of today's recent releases. Cannot see myself upgrading even if a Jungle Hunter 2.0 will be released.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice. I got one a couple of weeks ago from Timcent on eBay, my fears about buying an older HT figure were fortunately unfounded, it's a great figure. I know what you mean about the mandible seams but I still really like the unmasked sculpt, I currently have it in the roaring pose (sort of). I was also a bit worried about the lack of joints but it poses just fine.

Nice. I got one a couple of weeks ago from Timcent on eBay, my fears about buying an older HT figure were fortunately unfounded, it's a great figure. I know what you mean about the mandible seams but I still really like the unmasked sculpt, I currently have it in the roaring pose (sort of). I was also a bit worried about the lack of joints but it poses just fine.

Yeah it isn't crazy articulated...you can't really do the wide stance the jungle predator did in the first movie after taking off his mask.

992339a432978cb6e8a91257248648ae.jpg

That pose. Maybe you could...I don't know I wouldn't try it. Plus I like his more upright poses. Ppl have a tendency to want to do everything possible with a figure but I'm the opposite. I try and make awesome poses with what the figure can do. But I digress haha.

Anywho...the Classic Pred figure is a great one. If you can snag some bone trophies/predator accessories online than it adds a bit more to it. I think that's all that's missing, but the film Predators Classic did not have those so it is understandable.

I decided to repaint the gold beads on this figure, really adds that little bit extra to the head sculpt I feel even though doing it was a pain in the ass. :lecture

I stupidly managed to chip a very small piece of paint on the top of my Classic Predator's dome but will touch it up.

I decided to repaint the gold beads on this figure, really adds that little bit extra to the head sculpt I feel even though doing it was a pain in the ass. :lecture

I stupidly managed to chip a very small piece of paint on the top of my Classic Predator's dome but will touch it up.

Could you tell me what colour and type of paint you used. I'd be interested in fixing up my classic Pred.

No problem guys I used tamiya acrylic gold leaf -

Still need to rub some of the gold that dripped onto the hair, which is easy, but just watch you don't get it on to the head sculpt, just take your time and you will get there. :)

I'm thinking about getting a classic Predator, is the consensus that this is better than the original P1?

I'm thinking about getting a classic Predator, is the consensus that this is better than the original P1?

I am also looking into getting one too. It would be my first Hot toys figure. From everything I have seen, the classic is better than the P1 figure in pretty much every way. But because it is based off of the Classic Pred, It is a bit different than the Jungle Hunter, so it won't be accurate if you want a P1 figure. I just don't want to buy one and have them announce a Jungle hunter 2.0 a few months later.

I'd be all over a jungle hunter 2.0. Right now it feels like getting either of these is a compromise.

I am also looking into getting one too. It would be my first Hot toys figure. From everything I have seen, the classic is better than the P1 figure in pretty much every way. But because it is based off of the Classic Pred, It is a bit different than the Jungle Hunter, so it won't be accurate if you want a P1 figure. I just don't want to buy one and have them announce a Jungle hunter 2.0 a few months later.

Get the classic pred he is absolutely great and if a jungle hunter 2.0 comes out you can sell him for the same price pretty much.

I'm almost 100% sure a Jungle Hunter 2.0 will be released. It would sell and even could do well in a 1/4 scale format.

I have the classic and it is a great figure. What was missing was some accessories...but I bought on eBay a few extras that, while not accurate to the Jungle Hunter, gives it a more complete look. For example, I have a bone sash, bone necklace, Pred 2 side bag and elder Pred belts with the sword. So you could get a classic and buy some accessories fairly cheap on EBay. Or wait...because that Jungle Hunter will get a redo. Mark my words!

Yeah, i'm gonna go ahead and get the classic. A guy I know that sells Hot toys stuff has one in stock and will sell it to me for $250. Even if they do make a Jungle Hunter 2.0, it seems likely that it will be the exact same figure, just with the added accessories and minor sculptural and paint changes. i think things like the unmasked headsulpt and main body would remain the same, And they may even take out the wrist gauntlet hologram thing for a Jungle 2.0. Add that to the cool cracked mask, and I think this one has enough differences where I'll be fine having both of they do a Jungle hunter update.

I imagine If they did do a new Jungle hunter, it might be next year or a little bit after for the 30th anniversary of "Predator"

When the Classic came out, it was THE Predator to get. It's as close to the Jungle Hunter you will get and def has held up over time. A great HT release.

Yeah. Even if a P1 was announced today it would still be about a year or more before it would actually be out. I'd recommend getting the Classic Predator now and if Hot Toys ever does announce a new P1 you can decide what do then

Back