Predators - 1/6th scale Classic Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cregscustoms did a custom set of bone trophies, but I believe they are all sold out. Your best bet is to scour eBay for the ones from the original hot toys predator. Or you could try sculpting them yourself.

I am no where near that talented sadly :(

Drum roll!!!

Alright guys! Here's the print directly after printing. Quite frankly, it looks like crap :p That's because he's covered in a ton of extra rafts/support material. They're very easily removed though.

Rest assured, that nice 3D sculpt is neatly tucked away under there and it is every bit as detailed, it's just hard to tell cause of all the extra gunk. It also doesn't really help that the material is semi-translucent, but from my experience, I can tell that this is going to be awesome! Overall, it took nearly 8 hours to print!!!

Tomorrow, I'll clean him up, and give him a nice coat of grey primer so you can see the sculpt better. I'll also take some shots of the sculpts size in comparisson to the HT Classic's head. I already held them together briefly and am very happy with the size.

More soon! I know it's hard to tell, but I promise you that the next set of pics will blow your minds :)

Thanks guys! It will be great! :)

Started removing some of the junk/excess material:

Removed quite a bit of excess material, still getting all of the peachfuzz off of the surface (where all of the skin detail is). Ignore the perspective warp btw, the pic is taken with a terrible cellphone camera and it's tough to take a picture of a small object with it without it distorting somewhat.

More Friday! :)

Last edited:
Hey guys!

Here's a little update:

Sorry for the low quality picture :)

Still cleaning excess material off. Got most of the large chunks and most of the peach fuzz.There's still some fine surface grit on there, especially in all of the creases/wrinkles and on the actual mandibles.

An ultrasound bath will get rid of that :) I also sprayed a thin layer of primer on there so you guys can get a better look at what we're dealing with. Btw, the inner lower teeth were pretty damaged due to excessive support material, so I will have to manually resculpt those once the cleanup is complete.

There's an ugly mother___er under there somewhere ;)

The printer we have on campus uses APL which is a plastic as opposed to a resin, so cleaning the excess material is a little bit more of a nuisance than first expected.

More soon!

Thank you very much!

Here's a pic of the HS next to the HT classic (for scale purposes). Again, beware the crappy flash pic.

Okay, no more spamming :p I promise ;)

Looking good! I think it would have been better if you placed the hs with the unmasked classic and both heads are facing the camera for a better look at the scale comparison. Will you be doing dreads for this head as well? It will be a pain to have a dreadless pred head to transfer on that hs.

Yo paramoremcr88...

Nice pix -- touched up for ya -- hope ya like'm!

OFEbNuf.jpg

kFLDcDC.jpg

Yo paramoremcr88...

Nice pix -- touched up for ya -- hope ya like'm!

kFLDcDC.jpg

Is this a custom made head?
the only thing did put me off buying this is the seam lines in the mouth when putting the open jaw. I wish Hot Toys would made the separate sculpt with mouth open so those lines were not there.

** Edit: Ah power of photoshop ! for once I thought oh yeah a proper head sculpt!

Last edited:
Most people have done it. Pretty easy I am guessing. I myself am looking some of the parts to finish converting mine. It's a cool figure out of the box though too.

Back