Predator Jungle Hunter bust 1/3 - Prime 1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is now sold out on the site it would seem. The biomask and BD versions are still available
2AE391EC-1184-4561-8FDD-8D38A2179A02.png

I've only had it a few hours, so here's a few quick thoughts and some pictures. Lighting is terrible here today so I'll try to get some better pics another time.

In short, this is phenomenal!

I fully maintain that Prime 1 ripped us off with the price, this is too expensive for what it is, you can get full on statues for this kind of money ($1400 total to my door) However, they have at least put a lot of effort into making this thing good and they have succeeded spectacularly. This is the collectible in my collection that most looks like it just jumped out of the screen, this IS the jungle hunter, and the bust is very well produced. Almost everything about it is about as perfect as we can probably expect from a factory produced statue. Materials are quality, paint is really good! I'd have preferred a 1/2 bust for this kind of money, but tbh this is almost the same size as the old Sideshow LSB anyway and as you can see, the detail and quality isn't even comparable in any way. This is definitely a smaller scale to the LSB, but the overall size of the bust is similar. This is a heavy old lump also.

I had almost been regretting ordering it once I actually thought about the cost, and I'm still not happy with that, but now I've actually seen it I'm definitely glad I have one. I will probably order the City hunter bust now also. I'm happy with just that rather than the whole statue, so I figure that's money saved over all. Yeah I'm not really sure what more I can say about this thing, it's just fantastic. It definitely lost a bit of head tilt, but it still has plenty of character for a bust, the eyes look great in person also, I had reservations about the missing pupil, but actually it looks fine and said pupil is half visible anyway.

Size wise, you will see from the following pics that it is noticeably bigger than their own 1/3 Big chap. It scales better with the SS Warrior LSB although that always seemed a little small anyway.

I will just say that it's becoming a little tedious how a few people just keep on slamming the Prime 1 1/4 JH in every single thread. That's their right but I don't really get it. Personally I absolutely adore that statue, it's my favourite in my collection. However this bust is a step up in quality over that, as it should be for the price. The base tones on the 1/4 are definitely darker, they have been corrected on this. Also the quills are much better implemented and the gloss coat on this brings it to life. But for anybody who can't stretch to the super high price of the 1/3... Go grab that 1/4 and enjoy it, it holds up pretty well given the huge difference in price. I think it's great that we have options at this kind of quality either way, that LSB was what we had not so long ago. This new Prime 1 stuff is awesome whichever one you go for.

That's about all I can say, I love this thing and can't wait to receive the full statue.

NAErd3s.jpg

SP5Rbj7.jpg

XaZYtXV.jpg

lkpsD9E.jpg

rpWuKHX.jpg

1XH860Q.jpg

G1alqwE.jpg

odaT5Ib.jpg

S2nhZyF.jpg

EKQ8iDJ.jpg

7515XJi.jpg

5F2Rk9j.jpg

Tv9CWMy.jpg

Fu9lRDN.jpg

Looks fantastic and thanks for the review. Im gutted seeing these pics that i waited until december to jump on it and i went on the prime 1 wait list, which dont look like it will convert now. Hopefully one will pop up sometime that i can snatch.

Looks fantastic and thanks for the review. Im gutted seeing these pics that i waited until december to jump on it and i went on the prime 1 wait list, which dont look like it will convert now. Hopefully one will pop up sometime that i can snatch.

Fingers crossed, you never know. I bet they will get some cancellations now they are shipping.

Can’t really add much to the well reviewed commentary so far. It’s a keeper, the full statue is going to be insane judging from this bust, which by it own rights is in a class of its own for a mass produced item. Paint is great, quills and dreds done well other than a bit stiff. It is as solid as a piece gets for the size it has to be all filler poly, p1 did not skimp the materials.

A shot or two…..

237FC8E6-9A9F-4B4A-BE11-805A27B87046.jpeg

8984C4B2-C598-4DD9-A8DA-B5DE7989189C.jpeg

Back