Predator Jungle Hunter bust 1/3 - Prime 1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, my waitlist also converted, Friday at 4:30 Japan time, or 2am where I am. That is very convenient because according to them, you can get your deposit back if you ask to cancel within 24 hours. I want to cancel it and emailed them as well as messaged them on Facebook. Comes Monday, if they refuse to refund my deposit because it's been 3 days then we will know why it converted on Friday evening.

agreed about the waitlist. it was bust or bust for me :lol

I was thinking about cancelling the statue if i didn't get the bust. The Bonus Version with all the extra goodies may be the coolest piece ever, but add the Torso Bust and the extra Closed Mandible head, it's pretty much a GOD-tier colletible. I think it's going to be a total of 4 boxes, i don't know of any statue that has 4 boxes. This is the only statue i would ever go this crazy over is THE 1987 PREDATOR. i figured i might as well do it.

back to the waitlist. I was worried with all the negative comments Prime 1 received on this bust they would make it super limited. I know this the definition of FOMO. I don't think many PO'd this; maybe 100 people. i had a fear that Prime 1 would say ohhh you think the price sucks? you think we're greedy? LIMITED to 100 pieces. There! Now you can't get it even if you want it, only the people that supported it from the get go get one. if that's the case i would've kicked myself for not picking it up. yes, total FOMO :lol

Funny thing is, i will probably get the bust long before the actual statue. I ordered the statue from Secret Compass and it sound like they're delivery times are way behind other distributers, and like 9-12 months behind Prime 1.

I hear you, I feel like my $5k statue is incomplete now also. I won't knock the bust at all, I think it's awesome and it actually adds a lot to the statue. My only complaint is the price! Well that and the way that Prime 1 acted with it, blatantly obvious fake sell-outs etc. All of that aside, I really... Really want the closed mouth bust, I just don't think I can bring myself to do it, especially after all of the complaining I did around it. If they dropped it to a super low ES (100 or so) I would actually bite, at least the exclusivity would somewhat make up for the rip off price. With an huge ES of 1500 combined with the price tag of a full statue however, it just screams p**s take.

Yeah, my waitlist also converted, Friday at 4:30 Japan time, or 2am where I am. That is very convenient because according to them, you can get your deposit back if you ask to cancel within 24 hours. I want to cancel it and emailed them as well as messaged them on Facebook. Comes Monday, if they refuse to refund my deposit because it's been 3 days then we will know why it converted on Friday evening.

So you do get a chance to cancel Prime 1 waitlist conversions? I was under the impression you didn't and that joining one of their waitlists was a commitment to pay if it converted. In that case, I'm half tempted to jump on and see if it'll convert after all of this time... I'm willing to bet money it still will.

Last edited:
Those waitlists will definitely convert. Guaranteed. Hell, I converted on the Big Chap museum pose and I was late to the party, went on the waitlist July 20th. It converted October 11th and that statue was hella more exclusive than this bust with a 100 piece edition size. I'm still waiting for them to ship it though.

Just think about this though: the 1/3 scale Alien Big Chap Museum piece at a 100 es cost me $2,101 ($402 for shipping) out the door. Are we really stupid enough to think that the 1/3 Predator bust for $927 shipped and a 1500 es is actually worth nearly half the value?!?!

I mean, I love the bust. It's awesome and it would absolutely complete my DXS Predator in the finest way, but there is no way in hell it's worth that much money unless a geisha was hand delivering to my collection room herself.

agreed about the waitlist. it was bust or bust for me :lol

I was thinking about cancelling the statue if i didn't get the bust. The Bonus Version with all the extra goodies may be the coolest piece ever, but add the Torso Bust and the extra Closed Mandible head, it's pretty much a GOD-tier colletible. I think it's going to be a total of 4 boxes, i don't know of any statue that has 4 boxes. This is the only statue i would ever go this crazy over is THE 1987 PREDATOR. i figured i might as well do it.

back to the waitlist. I was worried with all the negative comments Prime 1 received on this bust they would make it super limited. I know this the definition of FOMO. I don't think many PO'd this; maybe 100 people. i had a fear that Prime 1 would say ohhh you think the price sucks? you think we're greedy? LIMITED to 100 pieces. There! Now you can't get it even if you want it, only the people that supported it from the get go get one. if that's the case i would've kicked myself for not picking it up. yes, total FOMO :lol

Funny thing is, i will probably get the bust long before the actual statue. I ordered the statue from Secret Compass and it sound like they're delivery times are way behind other distributers, and like 9-12 months behind Prime 1.
There is a better chance of hell freezing over than there is for them to just cut the edition size by 93%. That would completely destroy the budget and profit margin they set out for this. Make no mistake about this...there is only one goal with these companies and that's profit. To purposely hurt their own bottom line just to spite some collectors shunning their overpriced piece would be unimaginable.

So you do get a chance to cancel Prime 1 waitlist conversions? I was under the impression you didn't and that joining one of their waitlists was a comitment to pay if it converted. In that case, I'm half tempted to jump on and see if it'll convert after all of this time... I'm willing to bet money it still will.

I was thinking about canceling a couple of months ago and they told me that if converts I can cancel it and get the deposit back within 24hrs... Let's see if that is the case :) This is what they wrote:

"
This is how Waitlist works: if a customer cancel his orders and you eventually will be chosen instead of him,
you will be charged automatically for the deposit and noticed. So, the order will be assigned to you.
Anyway, if you have already change your mind and need to cancel it, please let us know within 24 hours from the deposit payment, and you will get the deposit refunded."

I hear you, I feel like my $5k statue is incomplete now also. I won't knock the bust at all, I think it's awesome and it actually adds a lot to the statue. My only complaint is the price! Well that and the way that Prime 1 acted with it, blatantly obvious fake sell-outs etc. All of that aside, I really... Really want the closed mouth bust, I just don't think I can bring myself to do it, especially after all of the complaining I did around it. If they dropped it to a super low ES (100 or so) I would actually bite, at least the exclusivity would somewhat make up for the rip off price. With an huge ES of 1500 combined with the price tag of a full statue however, it just screams p**s take.
The price gave me sticker shock. It is the price of a whole statue, and a damn good one. I was expecting about $600-$700 tops and I thought it was going to be available on Sideshow, BBTS, Secret Compass and others.

Those waitlists will definitely convert. Guaranteed. Hell, I converted on the Big Chap museum pose and I was late to the party, went on the waitlist July 20th. It converted October 11th and that statue was hella more exclusive than this bust with a 100 piece edition size. I'm still waiting for them to ship it though.

Just think about this though: the 1/3 scale Alien Big Chap Museum piece at a 100 es cost me $2,101 ($402 for shipping) out the door. Are we really stupid enough to think that the 1/3 Predator bust for $927 shipped and a 1500 es is actually worth nearly half the value?!?!

I mean, I love the bust. It's awesome and it would absolutely complete my DXS Predator in the finest way, but there is no way in hell it's worth that much money unless a geisha was hand delivering to my collection room herself.

There is a better chance of hell freezing over than there is for them to just cut the edition size by 93%. That would completely destroy the budget and profit margin they set out for this. Make no mistake about this...there is only one goal with these companies and that's profit. To purposely hurt their own bottom line just to spite some collectors shunning their overpriced piece would be unimaginable.
I agree cutting down the ES to 100 is a shot in the dark but how many do you think they actually sold? There’s a handful of international retailers that have it on their site and I doubt they ordered more than a handful each. everything you said makes sense but I there’s ZERO chance they are going to make 1500 of these busts. I think Prime 1 was shook from the lack of Pre Orders which is why they immediately posted it as waitlist (bypasses the low stock warning) see what the true market for the piece is with waitlists orders. Im Sure the total amount of orders and WLs is far less than Prime 1 predicted.

Having the bust as a separate display piece where I can switch up the different heads for the statue, to the bust to the stands is the real bonus for me. I love the closed mouth head but I really like the bust.

I was prepared to go as high as $700. The extra $200 was worth it for my to have the complete piece.

This thing ain't going to run out anytime soon. There's still plenty in my local distributor. Prime 1 are going to keep these busts open for a long time, likely to 2024. The FS statue will probably be released before then and if do a good enough job, expect the majority of collectors to pick this up in big droves in the year 2024. If the FS turns out a turd, then the entire 1/3 scale line will finish and be marked as 'sold out' as demand will virtually dry up, no one would buy a lousy 1/3 bust for $900.

This thing ain't going to run out anytime soon. There's still plenty in my local distributor. Prime 1 are going to keep these busts open for a long time, likely to 2024. The FS statue will probably be released before then and if do a good enough job, expect the majority of collectors to pick this up in big droves in the year 2024. If the FS turns out a turd, then the entire 1/3 scale line will finish and be marked as 'sold out' as demand will virtually dry up, no one would buy a lousy 1/3 bust for $900.

there's a good chance it will be available for purchase by the time the statue ships. I don't think there is a good chance the statue will be a turd.

It was strange how much i was allowing not having a guaranteed bust on order effecting my overall joy of having the Bonus Version of the statue on PO. I ordered the Bonus version to have all the goodies and when i thought there was a chance i wouldn't have everything this statue has to offer (the bust), i found myself in this all or nothing mindset. Im just happy my waitlist converted on the bust, locked in and guaranteed, as i said before im so happy that chapter is closed.

The closed mouth is a great option to have (and an immaculate sculpt on its own), but I'm also prepared to use it as a contingency plan; if the statue is a dud, at least I can afford to get the bust repainted and keep that.

Was bored and searching cool stuff on the internet.

Think there was 3 UK stores that had the Limited Closed Mouth Bust listed originally.
Now only 1 had it and showing Sold Out. Gone from the other sites.

Thinking maybe they listed it then were told it was a store Exclusive.

Anyway, jumped on the Waitlist because this will raise the Statue to another level but, still expensive 😞

I'll let yous know when, sorry I mean if it converts.

Think there was 3 UK stores that had the Limited Closed Mouth Bust listed originally.

Anyway, jumped on the Waitlist because this will raise the Statue to another level but, still expensive 😞

Interesting, my local importer/ supplier has it so I pre-ordered with them. Only one I’ve seen to carry it here so far. Price is crazy but a full statue I definitely can’t do, so to get this version will be a nice addition to the collection

Where's the cheapest place to order it from in the UK? The standard versions.

this bust is going to be extremely limited. The ES is going to be nowhere near the 1500 ES listed on their site.

On the plus side, imagine how valuable your set will be if you nabbed the closed-mouth bust.

Not that any of this matters until we see how the paint (and QC) turns out.

Sit down for this everybody, I have surprising news that none of us saw coming.....

The super expensive bust that definitely sold out (For real) Within two days, has had its 1500 ES cut down to 500.

The rest are 100 each...

image.png

Back