Predator 2: Shadow Predator (2011 Toy Fairs Exclusive)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm no Predator head sculpt expert, but the Classic looks more bad-ass to me than P1 somehow, though I still really dig the P1's look.
I posted this in the "HT Classics" thread while ago but ofcourse no one noticed :lol

clASSicvsClassic.jpg

clASSicvsP1.jpg

No P1, no Classic.
Only a sick fantasy of the sculptor based on someone else's work.
I mean it may look cool but if it doesn't look like what it was in the movie... well **** it :dunno

The terrible proportions on P1 probably make the head look worse than it actually is, and the really good proportions on Classic probably make that head look better than it actually is. I'll reserve final judgment until I have them both in hand.
P1's head looks good because of the fact that it's big.
Yes, the body may be disproportionate, skinny and so on... But the head looks just right.
Tsang sculptin' small heads and it just adds a negativity to his not the most pleasant works.

P1 Hot Toys definitely looks more accurate to the P1 movie version based on that, I'll agree. But it still doesn't look good in relation to that P1 body IMO, now that we've seen stockier, more muscular bodies for these Preds. It can look really good, but you have to do some extensive futzing. The Classic one seems to look good in every angle I've seen it in.

And I think your accuracy critiques are legitimate, but like Skiman, with these monsters, I guess I'm more interested in having something that feels like Predator, seems to embody the more important qualities of that character, and ultimately, looks better on the shelf. To me, for the P1 Predator, HT Classic does this better than HT P1. Of course, there's room for improvement.

And I think your accuracy critiques are legitimate, but like Skiman, with these monsters, I guess I'm more interested in having something that feels like Predator, seems to embody the more important qualities of that character, and ultimately, looks better on the shelf. To me, for the P1 Predator, HT Classic does this better than HT P1. Of course, there's room for improvement.

I can't oppose this and... completely agree :lol
Although I still hope for re-releases of both P1 and P2.
Even if they gonna be sculpted by Tsang it will be more natural looking figures AND more easier to handle/customization :)

... The terrible proportions on P1 probably make the head look worse than it actually is...

I'm going to have to disagree. I like P1's head to body proportions. The proportions only seem off when you put his huge mask on. His mask makes him look like a bobble-head, but without his mask he looks awesome IMO. I also think that P1's headsculpt is one of the best predator headsculpts,(next to P2 Elder's), movie acurate or not. The Hot Toys berserker figure is also another one that I think is well proportioned because of the smaller head-it just looks better.
Even though it may not be movie accurate, I prefer the smaller head on the predators because it seems to look more asthetically pleasing then a big-huge bobblehead.

because you don't care about the original preds from the movies and from because you're corny blind. other reasons no longer exist. :dunno

because you don't care about the original preds from the movies and from because you're corny blind. other reasons no longer exist. :dunno
No need to be rude.. Although I agree, if I wasn't an incredibly diehard Pred fan I'd feel the same as him.

But for me, the Predator's likeness needs to be on par with the Human's.

LOL

Look, I don't get my panties in a twist about any of my collectibles to the extent that some do. Some wanna spend $2,000 on Joker customs because they just cannot accept the Hot Toys option. Others here are unwilling to accept a Predator that doesn't look 100% accurate. You wanna buy the NECA figure and fawn over it for its accuracy to the source material? Fine with me. To each their own.

But putting all that aside, you can't seriously say that the HT P1 Pred has more screen accurate proportions than the Classic figure. It just doesn't, as has been pointed out ad nauseum in various Predator threads. Add in the mask issue, and. . .though it was nice to have for awhile, I'll be more than happy to upgrade to the classic. I'm a fan of the original Predator film, and none of the sequels. And like I said, I want the best figure I can get. Based on what we've seen, Classic is it until and unless HT gives us something else.

i don't understand :dunno
I'm saying that, Hot Toys needs to sculpt their Predators with the same accuracy they give their Human figures.

I'm not asking for something 100% accurate at all.. But Hot Toys is known for making VERY accurate figures, and they don't do that with their Predators.

Just wish they'd put a little more care into them.

Ну мало ли, я надеялся что ты не понял всё то, что он сказал. А получается что ты банально снова не хочешь развивать своё мнение т.к. либо действительно не хочешь, либо не можешь. Хочешь что то кому то доказать - никто не мешает. Не хочешь - какой смысл с серьёзным видом писать несколько строк, которые утонут в этом океане словоблудия?!

And it's sad :monkey2

riddick, ахаха, гениальный ход :d
я вообще-то понял все, насколько это возможно. просто вроде бы именно с ним обсуждали именно здесь. повторять одно и то же не имеет смысла %)
кто читал и помнит мое мнение об подобном отношении, того и достаточно.

Actually, the first time I was asking about P2.
Big_Who_Cares__shirt__by_Teh_G_man.jpg

кто читал и помнит мое мнение об подобном отношении, того и достаточно.
Я уверен никто не помнил тебя до того, как ты выложил свою доработку Наринского кита :lol

Back