Predator 2 Lifesize bust (Coolprops)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought an unboxed Berserker Bust and had to drive with him looking out the back window. Got some very strange looks :lol

Ha! I would have loved to see that. And nice to know it can be done, since that's probably the method I'll have to use.

Just had another friendly/pleasant chat with yet another of Sideshows CS reps (I won’t mention his name but very cool & helpful dude).

Here is what I was told:

1. The shipping prices are as low as they could make them.
  2. This could not be shipped USPS, and UPS would have been much more expensive once their extra charges were added in.
  3. Sideshow have double-checked pricing with FedEx, and he promised the pricing is accurate (so the FedEx manager I talked to must have made a mistake somewhere).
  4. The high shipping cost is due to (A) The way that FedEx calculate “dimensional weight” AND (B) Prices from carriers have jumped since Feb this year.
  5. Sideshow get a discount from FedEx because they are a major customer.
  6. Sideshow also apply a further discount (so they lose on shipping), but because this is NOT a self-produced item, they were not able to subsidise THIS item as much as usual. I assume Sideshow factor in the estimated shipping discounts into product prices, but they should get some praise for trying - it helps psychologically as by then we've already accepted the "item price".

It’s worth noting that International prices for items that have cost $40 USD in the past are likely to cost $90+ USD now (so at least we’re forewarned for the Wolf 1:2 LSB and the P1 maquette).

Can anybody confirm the edition size and the collectors who got it what was on the bottom of the base was it numbered or just limited edition?

Last edited:
Can anybody confirm the edition size and the collectors who got it what was on the bottom of the base was it numbered or just limited edition?

4c060ea4462309f7662296f47a0e0cf3d6cad657.jpg
9fceff58ccbf6c81e438170eb43eb13532fa4090.jpg

Here's hoping Sideshow can come to some further arrangement with Coolprops over shipping costs. Otherwise I can see this costing Sideshow dearly in the long run.

As in losing sales I mean. Especially with international collectors.

Here's hoping Sideshow can come to some further arrangement with Coolprops over shipping costs. Otherwise I can see this costing Sideshow dearly in the long run.

As in losing sales I mean. Especially with international collectors.

Based on the conversation I had today with the fella at Sideshow - this is the best they can do for this scenario.

So - anything else shipped TO Sideshow by CoolProps will suffer the same fate.

Conclusion on this one - if it's not made by Sideshow and it's big - buy from a local distributor.

Still doesn't explain why local distributors could sell theirs so "cheap" though.

In all seriousness, I can see this being capped at 1000.

Given the cancellations Sideshow will get, maybe it's possible that those "local" agents (like the one you got from Col) would be able to order in another batch.

Hope so - as that would help Matt & others that decided (sensibly) not to accept the Sideshow/FedEx shipping pricing.

In all seriousness, I can see this being capped at 1000.

Given the cancellations Sideshow will get, maybe it's possible that those "local" agents (like the one you got from Col) would be able to order in another batch.

Hope so - as that would help Matt & others that decided (sensibly) not to accept the Sideshow/FedEx shipping pricing.

Makes sense . Sideshow's P1 Bust was 850 or was it 1000 ? Cannot remember now. I missed out :gah:

Back