Predator 2 City Hunter - Prime 1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone have this successfully wall mounted? I was very lukewarm about this when it released, but now that the P1 Jungle Hunter 1/3 has brought me back into the fold, I kind of really like this one. Having concrete walls in my home makes me enticed to order and wall mount this.
I will when I get mine.

Does anyone have this successfully wall mounted? I was very lukewarm about this when it released, but now that the P1 Jungle Hunter 1/3 has brought me back into the fold, I kind of really like this one. Having concrete walls in my home makes me enticed to order and wall mount this.

I've seen a few pictures of this mounted and it looks really good. I hadn't even considered doing it, but after seeing pictures of it up on the wall, I might do the same at some point. I really like this statue, go for it if you're even a little tempted. The 1/3 will likely be 4x the cost and doesn't look to have a great pose, although it probably does make sense to wait and see if that's something you might consider buying when it releases.

I'm considering all options, but I really don't think I'd be able to fit two 1/3 Predators in my office/collection room with the floor/shelf space they take up. On the other hand however, I have plenty of wall space to hang something, so a 1/4 P2 wouldn't reduce my actual collecting space by any amount.

I already have the SS Maquette in 1/4 and I could use a P2 to match in scale. As flawed as it is in sculpt, weird hip armor positioned in the front, larger than 1/4 scale heads, terrible soft polystone used/no metal rod in the leg which means it bends at the right ankle and leans stupidly over time, I won't get rid of it as I do like it even with those flaws so adding a P2 to match would be fitting. I was always so close to pulling the trigger on the SS P2 1/4, but I could never really get over the dreads coming out at 90 degrees and then drooping down sculpt. This Prime 1 looks miles better in the head sculpt department.

I do have to get around to drilling a hole into the SS P1 bottom of the heel to insert a metal rod for more support so it stops leaning. It's crazy how soft that polystone is. 5 minutes with a hairdryer and you can bend that ankle with minimal pressure with your hands. I really don't know what SS was thinking putting this out like that. The inaccuracies are livable, but the leaning is so very unacceptable.

20210707_183758.jpg
20210707_183826.jpg
20210707_183811.jpg

That looks awesome!
thanks! It goes well with my "floating shelf" theme.

FYI- This mounts with 2 keyholes on the back,

I was able to hit one stud, I used a 3" cabinet screw.

For the other hole I used a 90lb hollow wall anchor. This will survive an earthquake, I have no doubt.

Last edited:
I got City Hunter here next to a few other Stan Winston creatures. The Sideshow Aliens maquette is a perfect match made from Heaven, P2 vs A2 with mirror pose. I’ll probably work out a space to display them as a set:

3421BE14-83D6-41BA-B346-B0A90313BD3C.jpeg
B19F26E6-A0AC-4351-95E3-FBC60EA448B4.jpeg
07583D3B-51D8-4692-8FF2-F99B55262E87.jpeg
94C1070C-9ED6-4EC5-AD76-681482AB6F83.jpeg
322E28B0-5071-4E4F-BE3A-B5FA694FBBC8.jpeg

--

The new PCS Pumpkinhead would probably be better scaled then the Sota:

9FC444F0-BDA0-4133-8236-250B91D22379.jpeg
42ECBB65-9A32-4FE1-A703-B2141D38AB0E.jpeg
BA4B2CC4-AA42-4EB4-A83B-65DA34BC6EE5.jpeg

The SSC Alien Warrior and P1 City Hunter really are perfect for each other. I wish P1 could achieve such cohesion within its own Predator line.

Someone over at statue forum said a shipping container shipping the P1 Predator 2 City Hunter Predator [possibly to the USA] was damaged, and that the City Hunter statues were also damaged.Is this true?

Can anyone who owns this please tell me what it weighs when it's packed in it's shipping box? Cheers! :)

Back