Predator 2 City Hunter - Prime 1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So not only is this lovely little statue with it's small ES still available (How?) But it is part of the promo currently. It has extra points although I'm not sure exactly how much more. Likely either double or triple...

Man, I should’ve waited a tad longer! I‘m a Johnny come lately on the City Hunter, my order is just being prepared for shipping as I’m typing this…

Darn!

TOUCHDOWN!!!!

Man, it’s AWESOME! Looks like Prime 1 themselves made it (and they should’ve). I guess I have to glue the magnet the right direction, but not yet until my City Hunter arrives.

Thank you so much for a great custom base.

Hector

Can anyone do me a HUGE favor? I need to know if the 31" height for the piece is with or without the table top base? I've got a 32" tall spot for it, but I can't justify buying it if it won't fit. I'm wringing my hands.

Someone facilitate my purchase, haha!

Can anyone do me a HUGE favor? I need to know if the 31" height for the piece is with or without the table top base? I've got a 32" tall spot for it, but I can't justify buying it if it won't fit. I'm wringing my hands.

Someone facilitate my purchase, haha!

Hopefully someone will answer your question . . . it's a great statue but I just can't be bothered (and don't want to risk) dealing with PRIME1.

On another point - I'd get that 32" tall spot looked at - that needs needs a professional dermatologist! :)

Thank you.

What did you mean about dealing with Prime 1?

Just personal opinion based on MY experiences & reports I've seen here & on other forums etc. - there are plenty of people that are happy with what THEY received and the way THEY were treated.

Hope everything works out for you
thumb2.gif

Mine arrived this week, direct from Prime 1. What an amazing statue. The pose and presence up on the wall is one of the best representations of a character I've ever seen. I don't have any real glaring issues besides a couple of tiny, tiny spots where the decal/paint wasn't perfect or had chipped off, but really you could only tell upon very close inspection. I only noticed because I decided to gloss the entire body/skin in order to make it even more lifelike and spotted about 2 or 3 spots upon application. The gloss coat will eliminate any future paint or decal issues that one might have down the road as everything is fully sealed now. I really wish they would do this from the factory on these Predator statues, but since I actually enjoy doing it I'm not too disappointed as it's rather fun. I'm thrilled with how much better it looks now too.

EC5016D4-D4A9-49A9-8E7F-DDA619C2A9F8-9494-00000492277AFA37.jpg

246D28F8-BA43-42DF-A238-888046017D52-9494-0000049229468B86.jpg

A590C605-8489-4653-B4CF-0BD0A4355948-9494-000004922AF762B4.jpg

E8E9D3BA-5BE7-4814-8144-73603FC3FFE9-9494-00000492370141A2.jpg

CDAD1E2E-4FB5-40F4-8726-23B2F7D27AD4-9494-000004923C04C32D.jpg

678B82A4-AFC9-47A2-8055-F6E1AF1E78CB-9494-000004923344D8FA.jpg

64D9C383-288C-4265-9F00-4A747F7C0F88-9494-000004923FA70100.jpg

3E591FA5-7DC9-4B30-93D0-0D09FF0715CF-9494-000004923A5F813E.jpg

Mine arrived this week, direct from Prime 1. What an amazing statue. The pose and presence up on the wall is one of the best representations of a character I've ever seen. I don't have any real glaring issues besides a couple of tiny, tiny spots where the decal/paint wasn't perfect or had chipped off, but really you could only tell upon very close inspection. I only noticed because I decided to gloss the entire body/skin in order to make it even more lifelike and spotted about 2 or 3 spots upon application. The gloss coat will eliminate any future paint or decal issues that one might have down the road as everything is fully sealed now. I really wish they would do this from the factory on these Predator statues, but since I actually enjoy doing it I'm not too disappointed as it's rather fun. I'm thrilled with how much better it looks now too.

View attachment 558155

View attachment 558156

View attachment 558157

View attachment 558158

View attachment 558160

View attachment 558161

View attachment 558162

View attachment 558165

Great photos (thanks for sharing) - glad it turned up OK and that you're happy with it :clap

View attachment 558155

View attachment 558156

View attachment 558157

View attachment 558158

View attachment 558160

View attachment 558161

View attachment 558162

View attachment 558165
Looks great! Are the gloss process hard? Or you just buy a gloss varnish and apply it on the statue with brush? Also is the netting a problem or you just go over it with a brush no trouble? Will the netting be glossy from it?

By the way did you use gloss on the armor too?

Looks great! Are the gloss process hard? Or you just buy a gloss varnish and apply it on the statue with brush? Also is the netting a problem or you just go over it with a brush no trouble? Will the netting be glossy from it?

By the way did you use gloss on the armor too?
The glossing is easy, just take your time with it. Use Mod Podge Gloss, it's fantastic stuff. I use a wet/damp brush to thin it a bit at times so it flows and goes everywhere easier. Goes on milky white, dries clear gloss. For the most part, I tried to not cover the netting and go in between and under it. I used toothpicks at times to lift the net a bit to get the brush under it and keep it from contacting one another, but it's not always possible with how tight the netting is in spots so if you get it on the netting it's not a big deal and the gloss doesn't change the netting at all. It looks the same no matter what. But while it's drying, I again used toothpicks to raise up the netting as it dried in spots so that it wouldn't stick down. Just do small sections at a time and wait until it's dry before you move on.

This is just how I did it, but you are also probably fine if you spend less time worrying about the netting and go over the entire thing. It certainly would be easier that way.

No gloss on the armor or anything else, I only glossed predator skin and quills on the head, no dreads.

09069aef-ffd5-457a-b127-5f5b690c2ddc.7637dcd6698bbf5555afcacec4534ae5.jpeg

Last edited:
The glossing is easy, just take your time with it. Use Mod Podge Gloss, it's fantastic stuff. I use a wet/damp brush to thin it a bit at times so it flows and goes everywhere easier. Goes on milky white, dries clear gloss. For the most part, I tried to not cover the netting and go in between and under it. I used toothpicks at times to lift the net a bit to get the brush under it and keep it from contacting one another, but it's not always possible with how tight the netting is in spots so if you get it on the netting it's not a big deal and the gloss doesn't change the netting at all. It looks the same no matter what. But while it's drying, I again used toothpicks to raise up the netting as it dried in spots so that it wouldn't stick down. Just do small sections at a time and what until it's dry before you move on.

This is just how I did it, but you are also probably fine if you spend less time worrying about the netting and go over the entire thing. It certainly would be easier that way.

No gloss on the armor or anything else, I only glossed predator skin and quills on the head, no dreads.

View attachment 558181

Thanks for the clear & helpful explanation (and thanks to csutkakoma for asking the questions we were all asking in our heads!) :)

The glossing is easy, just take your time with it. Use Mod Podge Gloss, it's fantastic stuff. I use a wet/damp brush to thin it a bit at times so it flows and goes everywhere easier. Goes on milky white, dries clear gloss. For the most part, I tried to not cover the netting and go in between and under it. I used toothpicks at times to lift the net a bit to get the brush under it and keep it from contacting one another, but it's not always possible with how tight the netting is in spots so if you get it on the netting it's not a big deal and the gloss doesn't change the netting at all. It looks the same no matter what. But while it's drying, I again used toothpicks to raise up the netting as it dried in spots so that it wouldn't stick down. Just do small sections at a time and wait until it's dry before you move on.

View attachment 558181
Thank you. You was a big help. I will certainly do it on mine.
Thanks for the clear & helpful explanation (and thanks to csutkakoma for asking the questions we were all asking in our heads!) :)

You are welcome hehe! :D

Their shipping and CS leaves much to be desired, but they're clearly capable of painting a Predator to a better standard than Big Game.

In light of how this and the Big Chap turned out, my concerns regarding the 1/3 are now less about paint app and more about it arriving intact... or at least being replaceable.

Nice to see this guy getting a lot of love lately. It's such a nice statue, glad I have one. I can't believe it is still available tbh.... Especially as they're asking the same money for a 1/3 bust a fraction of the size of this and with a far higher ES number (Which quickly sold out... definitely)

I really can't believe this isn't sold out. It blows my mind. I just need a stand for the second headsculpt for this. I am thinking about making my own at this point.

Don't even get me started on that 1/3 bust cost lol. What a joke.

Nice to see this guy getting a lot of love lately. It's such a nice statue, glad I have one. I can't believe it is still available tbh.... Especially as they're asking the same money for a 1/3 bust a fraction of the size of this and with a far higher ES number (Which quickly sold out... definitely)
People are sleeping on this for sure. I wouldn't be surprised if it becomes a grail in a few years' time.

I really can't believe this isn't sold out. It blows my mind. I just need a stand for the second headsculpt for this. I am thinking about making my own at this point.

Don't even get me started on that 1/3 bust cost lol. What a joke.

Yeah, I should probably get one. My unmasked head is still in the box, not including the coh stand is one of my only real complaints for this statue, I just really like it..

Back