Predator 2 City Hunter - Prime 1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This piece turned out great. Had no intention of getting one, but I am kind of tempted after seeing the photos. Shame the jungle hunter didn't turn out this good, but I'm still looking forward to it.

Nice to see people liking this one, I've had mine a while now so I'm over the honeymoon period which definitely does influence our opinions for a short while I think. So I can honestly say now that I don't like it.... Just kidding! It's a really nice little statue and I still recommend it to all of you guys who like this character. I like the SSC maquette tbh, but this is better in pretty much every way. I'm actually tempted to wall mount it after seeing a few pictures of it as such. I'm thinking it'd look awesome with a few spotlights beneath pointing up, and an illuminated clock with hands in the style of the Eastern building behind and above it if such a thing exists to buy (Shout out if you know about one) I will try to snap some better pictures of this over the weekend. Now that the weather is picking up, I can probably get it outside for some natural light.

Nice to see people liking this one, I've had mine a while now so I'm over the honeymoon period which definitely does influence our opinions for a short while I think. So I can honestly say now that I don't like it.... Just kidding! It's a really nice little statue and I still recommend it to all of you guys who like this character. I like the SSC maquette tbh, but this is better in pretty much every way. I'm actually tempted to wall mount it after seeing a few pictures of it as such. I'm thinking it'd look awesome with a few spotlights beneath pointing up, and an illuminated clock with hands in the style of the Eastern building behind and above it if such a thing exists to buy (Shout out if you know about one) I will try to snap some better pictures of this over the weekend. Now that the weather is picking up, I can probably get it outside for some natural light.

Good to hear you are still liking the wee beastie.

I made a quick (and short) list of the pros/cons between this and the Infinity Studios piece. I should post that at some point.

Size comparison between the 1/4 CH and the "1/4" Big Game at 20:53. I guess the incompatibility is due more to Big Game being oversized. I also wonder if the netting on both of these is actually similar, but Big Game's added girth makes the diamond pattern look smaller on him.

Such a mixed bag. I guess Prime 1 wasn't prioritizing consistency or cohesion with these two, they were each intended as one-offs.

Good to hear you are still liking the wee beastie.

I made a quick (and short) list of the pros/cons between this and the Infinity Studios piece. I should post that at some point.

Yeah go for it, be interesting to hear. I'm a picky git as you know, but there's very little I don't like about this. Nothings perfect, but this one is very good. I preferred this to the IS version from the moment I saw them though, although I like both.

He's awesome guys. HOWEVER, Prime 1 cooked the exclusive disc arm and put the wrong magnets in :slap

They are both pushing away from eachother rather then attracting like the normal spear arm. Awesome peice regardless.

Review will be up some point tomorrow if all goes well.

20210531_180220.jpg
20210531_180231.jpg
20210531_180421.jpg
20210531_180430.jpg

Looks great! Looks like yours doesn't have the brush strokes on the masks cheeks either? I'm still waiting for a reply about my mask.Sucks about the EX hand however, I had that same issue with a Sideshow 1:1 bio mask.

Looks great! Looks like yours doesn't have the brush strokes on the masks cheeks either? I'm still waiting for a reply about my mask.Sucks about the EX hand however, I had that same issue with a Sideshow 1:1 bio mask.

You wouldnt guess what happened to my EX hand haha. Legit snapped due to the faulty magnets. I caught it on film which was lucky as I tried to get it to stay for the review. Everythings recorded, just need to edit now

I had a wrongly placed magnet on a 1:2 Iron Man.
As I let go of the hand it sprung out and smashed to bits on the base. After a few months I ended up with a full refund and no IM :-(
Hope you get it sorted.

Thats exactly what, happened with this guy Collectorxol. Im sure Prime 1 will send me a replacement part due to it being a fault on their end. Besides, the hand kinda destroyed itself to make room for the new one :dunno

Also cheers Blade :peace

He's awesome guys. HOWEVER, Prime 1 cooked the exclusive disc arm and put the wrong magnets in :slap

They are both pushing away from eachother rather then attracting like the normal spear arm. Awesome peice regardless.

Review will be up some point tomorrow if all goes well.

View attachment 514260
View attachment 514261
View attachment 514262
View attachment 514263

Looks fantastic. Congrats on getting this nice predator piece!

Sorry to hear about the faulty disc arm, let prime 1 know asap. I'm pretty sure they will send you a new within a few weeks at no charge.

Looks fantastic. Congrats on getting this nice predator piece!

Sorry to hear about the faulty disc arm, let prime 1 know asap. I'm pretty sure they will send you a new within a few weeks at no charge.

Yeah ill be shocked if they wouldnt. Especially since its not like im unhappy. The peice is awesome, i just have a part I can't display due to bad QC. Review will hopefully be up in 12ish hours. Gotts do some more editing once I get home then we're good to go

I had a message from them this morning, they are sending me a new Bio mask. I presume they will do the same for your part Steve. They haven't actually been too difficult to deal with so far.

I had a message from them this morning, they are sending me a new Bio mask. I presume they will do the same for your part Steve. They haven't actually been too difficult to deal with so far.

Yeah man, got an email back saying im practically getting a replacement.

And as for pictures of this guy and the SWS Maquette, here you go Blade :)

20210601_223734.jpg
20210601_223908.jpg
20210601_223917.jpg
20210601_223923.jpg
20210601_223948.jpg

Back