Predator 2 City Hunter - Prime 1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats, fantastic display.

Got my ‘Your order is being prepared for shipment’ email today, so hopefully not too long of a wait now.

"Yeah, you're gonna want to take a left on Lexington and follow that until you get to Taco Bell."

Man, those two look fantastic together. Strange that such an old piece is a better shelf companion than Prime 1's own "1/4" JH.

Great review! This thing looks massive despite being the runt of the line so far. Shame about the *ahem* action feature they included with your disc hand.

After much deliberating, I've decided to use the store credit from my Big Game JH cancellation for this guy. Too nice a statue at too good a price to pass up.

Last edited:
Congrats, fantastic display.

Got my ‘Your order is being prepared for shipment’ email today, so hopefully not too long of a wait now.

You'll love it. I had a second invoice from UPS today..... for 1p... one penny! Not quite sure what's going on there but it's an outrage, it's sent me over the edge on what I was willing to pay for this. :rotfl

"Yeah, you're gonna want to take a left on Lexington and follow that until you get to Taco Bell."

Man, those two look fantastic together. Strange that such an old piece is a better shelf companion than Prime 1's own "1/4" JH.

Great review! This thing looks massive despite being the runt of the line so far. Shame about the *ahem* action feature they included with your disc hand.

After much deliberating, I've decided to use the store credit from my Big Game JH cancellation for this guy. Too nice a statue at too good a price to pass up.

Yeah they look awesome together. The moducase lighting really bring the colors out in their Armours too.

And thanks man. Few things post render I realised needed fixing, but overall im really happy with how it turned out for my first review since 2013.

Last edited:
Cheers mate. Wish The Big game was done as well. Or a few hundred USD cheaper to make up for the lackluster paint

Agree. They nailed the CH and Fugitive, both movie licensed statues. I'm starting to think those were done by a different team whereas the 1/4 JH and Big game Pred were done by another team as they look in similar paint apps, tone and base.

If they nail the assassin Pred then I'm convinced there's an entire separate team that does movie license preds only, which bodes well for the 1/3.

Agree. They nailed the CH and Fugitive, both movie licensed statues. I'm starting to think those were done by a different team whereas the 1/4 JH and Big game Pred were done by another team as they look in similar paint apps, tone and base.

If they nail the assassin Pred then I'm convinced there's an entire separate team that does movie license preds only, which bodes well for the 1/3.

The more I look at photos of the 1/4 JH, the more I think they did use stencils/decals as they did with the others, because the problems (with the brown dots at least) are consistent across all pieces. They're all pretty jagged, but the overlapping starts to happen in the same place on every statue we've seen.

If that's the case, these problems could easily have been avoided by just making a new stencil. Maybe they did it on purpose to set this "comic" version apart from the actual film version? But if that was their intent, why did they bother changing the two inaccurate pouches on his belt to the single accurate pouch?

Good call mate. Its entirely possible there might be two separate teams. Heres hoping

The more I look at photos of the 1/4 JH, the more I think they did use stencils/decals as they did with the others, because the problems (with the brown dots at least) are consistent across all pieces. They're all pretty jagged, but the overlapping starts to happen in the same place on every statue we've seen.

If that's the case, these problems could easily have been avoided by just making a new stencil. Maybe they did it on purpose to set this "comic" version apart from the actual film version? But if that was their intent, why did they bother changing the two inaccurate pouches on his belt to the single accurate pouch?

I do think they did rush the release of the 1/4 JH. Maybe needed to as the 1/3 was ready to be revealed. Could explain the inconsistencies with some looking a little better than others.

I do think the art direction differs a little from the movie (the pose is straight out from the comic) so yeah agree this "comic" version has just enough to be both that and the movie JH, kind of a kill two birds with one stone approach for the 1/4.

Received mine today. Lovely piece, really impressive.

A little bit of a faff with UPS to get the VAT changed to the correct rate, but was worth it as it ended up saving me £104. Some quick shots of him with Infinity’s & one with the SWS maquette.

Attachments

• 3269C1A7-D27B-4DF8-913E-0FF3B8A7D428.jpeg
    3269C1A7-D27B-4DF8-913E-0FF3B8A7D428.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 131
  • DFDF6B58-7057-4C5F-B40E-1308C80992B3.jpeg
    DFDF6B58-7057-4C5F-B40E-1308C80992B3.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 121
  • B7BF0F1F-2410-4736-BC34-E1D94CF41F64.jpeg
    B7BF0F1F-2410-4736-BC34-E1D94CF41F64.jpeg
    1,021.9 KB · Views: 127
  • 043BE967-00B5-4CA9-819F-86EBA5D7ABDB.jpeg
    043BE967-00B5-4CA9-819F-86EBA5D7ABDB.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 125
  • BA85AA08-A76F-410E-9905-8FE60B8A6BFF.jpeg
    BA85AA08-A76F-410E-9905-8FE60B8A6BFF.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 112
  • F6E63D2A-68DC-400F-ABB6-7445C74F0EC4.jpeg
    F6E63D2A-68DC-400F-ABB6-7445C74F0EC4.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 122
  • 6C4FCCDA-7808-4B80-A8BF-F30A3E3DC466.jpeg
    6C4FCCDA-7808-4B80-A8BF-F30A3E3DC466.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 134
Has anyone mad a headstand for this guy yet?
One could whittle something together using Sculpey, maybe matching the texture/aesthetic of the eagle (something angular and streamlined).

My ideal stand would be similar to what Prime 1 did for Fugitive: a proper bust that recreates the torso of the character. But that would take a lot of work, either making a mold of the statue or sculpting it digitally from scratch.

Sending the masked sculpt off to have a headstand made tomorrow by a local artist / modder. If anyone is interested in a headstand please shoot me a PM. I'm trying to get interest numbers for the guy whos doing it. The more people who want one, the cheaper it'll be for everyone.

Does anyone have this successfully wall mounted? I was very lukewarm about this when it released, but now that the P1 Jungle Hunter 1/3 has brought me back into the fold, I kind of really like this one. Having concrete walls in my home makes me enticed to order and wall mount this.

Does anyone have this successfully wall mounted? I was very lukewarm about this when it released, but now that the P1 Jungle Hunter 1/3 has brought me back into the fold, I kind of really like this one. Having concrete walls in my home makes me enticed to order and wall mount this.
Forget this, you will need the 1:3 P2 😀

Back