Predator 2 City Hunter - Prime 1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Out of interest, does anybody else have this one the way currently? The thread seemed to go quiet after the first couple shipped a while ago.

Ive contacted Prime 1 to send me the invoice for the payment as I told them to hold this guy due to them screwing everything by charging me for the JH. Hoping to have it shipped this coming week so I get it early June.

Ive contacted Prime 1 to send me the invoice for the payment as I told them to hold this guy due to them screwing everything by charging me for the JH. Hoping to have it shipped this coming week so I get it early June.

Cool, Hopefully mine will be here before next week, We'll see if it's worth the high shipping.

Mine arrived today, I like it. I haven't had long to take it all in, but overall I'm happy. I'd say it's better quality overall than the Sideshow maquette and it's pretty much 1/4, the spear is way larger than the Sideshow one. This is very slightly smaller overall if anything, the heads especially but then the Sideshow bio was too long anyway, the Prime 1 looks more in proportion. It's painted pretty well mostly, the base is a really nice gold tone. The armour and mask are a little dark, but still nice. The main exception are the cheeks on the mask, I think they did all of the hard work and then let the apprentice swoosh two brushes of green on top. I'll see if I can remove that somehow. The only real issue I have is that my LED's don't work. Also it weirdly only has two holes drilled out for the tri laser, not three. I think I just got a duff mask tbh, I'll message P1 and see what they say. The rest is really nice. If you want this, I'd say grab it while you still can.

It's super dull here today. I'll see if I can get it in better light over the weekend when I have more time. But it gets a thumbs up from me.

INrEyRP.jpg

gfnvqq5.jpg

QS2gRNO.jpg

qhO7nmE.jpg

P0ZhcWY.jpg

RyLvg33.jpg

MH3F7q3.jpg

O3LT2PQ.jpg

bpl8iDV.jpg

PDMcpOp.jpg

FomhMZ5.jpg

AqSJKxt.jpg

QsVSX28.jpg

f9jLPpe.jpg

Wow, I wasn’t expecting you to have this in hand so quickly, it looks awesome Matt. Love the look of the base on this.

I’ll definitely be adding it to the collection, it’s just a matter of when, not if. Exclusive isn’t essential as I’ll display him with the spear & Infinity’s with the disc.

Great pics Python! I just want to ask, how many boxes did the City Hunter Predator come in, and are you able to post pics of them? [to get an idea of the size].Cheers! :)

Mine arrived today, I like it.

I haven't had long to take it all in, but overall I'm happy. I'd say it's better quality overall than the Sideshow maquette and it's pretty much 1/4, the spear is way larger than the Sideshow one. This is very slightly smaller overall if anything, the heads especially but then the Sideshow bio was too long anyway, the Prime 1 looks more in proportion.

It's painted pretty well mostly, the base is a really nice gold tone. The armour and mask are a little dark, but still nice. The main exception are the cheeks on the mask, I think they did all of the hard work and then let the apprentice swoosh two brushes of green on top. I'll see if I can remove that somehow.

The only real issue I have is that my LED's don't work. Also it weirdly only has two holes drilled out for the tri laser, not three. I think I just got a duff mask tbh, I'll message P1 and see what they say.

The rest is really nice. If you want this, I'd say grab it while you still can.

It's super dull here today. I'll see if I can get it in better light over the weekend when I have more time. But it gets a thumbs up from me.

Thanks for the feedback and the GREAT pics Matt - much appreciation :clap :clap :clap

Glad you are (mostly) pleased with it.

When they say EXPRESS shipping they're not kidding :lol

Was it shipped UPS?, FedEx?, DHL?, other? - and - if you don't mind me asking - how did the import charges & fees break down?

Metallics on your armor look better than in earlier photos. My only remaining gripe would be the black overspray between the eyebrows.

Thanks guys. It's only the one box and it's roughly 82 x 65.5 x 39cm.

When they say EXPRESS shipping they're not kidding :lol

Was it shipped UPS?, FedEx?, DHL?, other? - and - if you don't mind me asking - how did the import charges & fees break down?

It was UPS and my customs fee was 133.20gbp ($189ish) So not as much as I expected tbh. 20% would have been $267. I tried to change my delivery address as I knew I wouldn't be in, but they don't allow you to do so until they have made one attempt at your original address which seems weird. I left a note asking for it to go to my neighbour which was ignored. I got lucky though, I went for a drive on my lunch break and by sheer luck saw the UPS driver on my way to the shop. He was busy delivering a box to the wrong address :lol But that worked out well for me as I grabbed this off of him. Fed Ex are much better to deal with, but they are more expensive and always charge more customs duty than expected, not less. So I guess I shouldn't complain really. They were certainly quick and it's in one piece so yeah...

. . . It was UPS and my customs fee was 133.20gbp ($189ish) So not as much as I expected tbh. 20% would have been $267 . . . Fed Ex are much better to deal with, but they are more expensive and always charge more customs duty than expected, not less . . .

Ah - it's the other way round in Canada - UPS are HATED as they charge a separate (usually EXTORTIONATE) "clearance" fee on top of taxes, and it's based on the value of the item. It'd likely be $200-$300 CAD on this.

So them using UPS is yet ANOTHER reason for me to not buy direct from PRIME1.

Well - what does it matter - they've made it VERY clear they couldn't care less about losing my custom :lol

I'm still amazed at their apathy - why would ANY company want to throw away $10,000 USD + in business? :dunno :)

The main exception are the cheeks on the mask, I think they did all of the hard work and then let the apprentice swoosh two brushes of green on top. I'll see if I can remove that somehow.

bpl8iDV.jpg

Very weird the swooshes. Ive gone back and looked at all the other inhand photos we've recieved so far and none of thsm have this from what I can tell. Seems like you got a dodgy piece between that and the Tri-laser

From your profile shots, it looks like they added some black spray around the crown as well, which I don't quite understand. If the idea is to simply darken those areas, I would've gone with a darker red or brown rather than black. Seems like an uncreative - and in practice, crude - solution. Mixes poorly with the yellowy color of the skin. But again, minor gripe. I honestly can't wait for mine to arrive, especially after your images.

Great pics n comparison Python. I'd also be glad with wth i'm seeing. Definitely emitting movie vibes more than anything else in business...and man, wht a polystone waste that unmasked ss head is...

Nice pics Python. Hopefully they sort out the LED and head piece for you asap. Otherwise, a very neat and movie accurate statue and again Prime 1 kills it when it comes to the sculpt and this one looks incredible, very proportional in size and detail.

Came out great. That unmasked head is way better than Sideshows.

Oh yeah, it's not even comparable tbh. Prime 1's is fairly close to the movie prop, sideshows was poor from the get go, they really should have tweaked that the first time they cancelled their maquette and had the time to do so.

Great pics n comparison Python. I'd also be glad with wth i'm seeing. Definitely emitting movie vibes more than anything else in business...and man, wht a polystone waste that unmasked ss head is...

Thank you, even though I'd love a high end City hunter standing tall one day, I think that this is easily the best P2 statue (mass produced) that we've seen to date.

Got any pics of the Box? Im a sucker for box art

No, sorry. It's a nice box, but it's basically just pictures of the statue.

Nice pics Python. Hopefully they sort out the LED and head piece for you asap. Otherwise, a very neat and movie accurate statue and again Prime 1 kills it when it comes to the sculpt and this one looks incredible, very proportional in size and detail.

Thank you, you just reminded me that I need to message them about that actually. I'm sure it's just my usual look at play and won't be a common thing. Although I'm curious to see if the missing led hole and cheek brush strokes are a common thing, or if I just got a bio mask from the defective parts bin. The rest is awesome.

Have there been any unboxing videos posted on facebook, instagram or youtube for this yet?

Back