Statue Predator 2 City Hunter 1:4 Maquette.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Predator 2 City Hunter 1:4 Maquette. BACK UP FOR PO.

you guys fail to miss the point, not to mention this has been going on for 2 years, the same complaints over and over and over again. I bought this, im ok with those slight issues, yes they are slight, its not as if they are wrong to the character. how many of the people constantly complaining are actually going to buy it? bought it? or will be buying it? how many folks are just complaining and then finishing it with i would have gotten this if... the issues are valid but they are minor really with the grand scheme of things. i mean they literally are minor but you act as if his bio helmet is the wrong shape or version, that the dreds are completely wrong instead of just coming off the head wrong, or that the spear other than being slightly miss sized is completely off, and yes he's missing a couple quills. these are relatively minor issues really.

I just bought a custom 1:2 Dog Alien bust that, painted, is going to cost me about 900+$. I'm not even a bust collector, usually. If someone had a good and accurate P2 Maquette to offer, I'd throw 1200$ in their face so quick and strong they'd probably go into a coma.
I think you're trying to force your perspective into others by trying to make pass some glaring issues as they were minor things in the "grand scheme of things", when they are not.
Let me repeat: what if Sideshow did a T2 Arnold with a completely wrong haircut (dreads) and notably undersized minigun (spear), or an Endo with a skull of a completely different shape (biomask)? At 1200$?
It's great that you like this piece, I'm sure that sooner or later it will sell out and there will be many satisfied customers. As someone who was lucky enough to own the P1 Maquette, tho, this is not up to the standards I was expecting.
I already mentioned the Chronicle Cain, you said it came out as it is thanks to the original blueprints - that's false. It came out as it is because the company actually retrieved source material and sticked to it. It came out as it is because factory workers did a perfect job by assembling hundreds of pieces. It came out as it is because, after that, the company inspected and QC'ed the pieces.
And here, we're not talking about how to assemble the internal tiny pieces of a statue so that it doesn't fall off (like Cain), we're talking of taking some pictures of the most iconic parts of the character and just model the statue after them, something much much simpler and straightforward.

Btw, I think we're all beating a dead horse here.

I just bought a custom 1:2 Dog Alien bust that, painted, is going to cost me about 900+$. I'm not even a bust collector, usually. If someone had a good and accurate P2 Maquette to offer, I'd throw 1200$ in their face so quick and strong they'd probably go into a coma.
I think you're trying to force your perspective into others by trying to make pass some glaring issues as they were minor things in the "grand scheme of things", when they are not.
Let me repeat: what if Sideshow did a T2 Arnold with a completely wrong haircut (dreads) and notably undersized minigun (spear), or an Endo with a skull of a completely different shape (biomask)? At 1200$?
It's great that you like this piece, I'm sure that sooner or later it will sell out and there will be many satisfied customers. As someone who was lucky enough to own the P1 Maquette, tho, this is not up to the standards I was expecting.
I already mentioned the Chronicle Cain, you said it came out as it is thanks to the original blueprints - that's false. It came out as it is because the company actually retrieved source material and sticked to it. It came out as it is because factory workers did a perfect job by assembling hundreds of pieces. It came out as it is because, after that, the company inspected and QC'ed the pieces.
And here, we're not talking about how to assemble the internal tiny pieces of a statue so that it doesn't fall off (like Cain), we're talking of taking some pictures of the most iconic parts of the character and just model the statue after them, something much much simpler and straightforward.

Btw, I think we're all beating a dead horse here.
Cain was cast from actual parts used to make the stop motion puppets for the film. Tippet allowed them access to them, they then made casting and made them into something that's able to be produced by a factory in China. Yes the factory did a great job but the details of the statue came about because they are the actual parts of Cain.

Sideshow has produced Arnold with ****** hair and even crappy likenesses. And sideshows new t1 terminator is far from even close to the actual endo details that were on that version. Bottom line is what's done is done, should sideshow have fixed the heads while they had that 2 year delay? Sure, but they didnt complaining about it now is rather pointless. Hell cinemaquettes p1 predator isn't accurate and is an idealized representation that Steve Wang created.

I'm not trying to force my opinion down on anyone but picking out faults on something that a. You didn't buy and b. Are not going to be changed unless a custom one is made is kinda pointless and rude to the people who do like it and are going to get it.

I've also never stated your points are not valid but the reality of the situation is they are not going to be changed.

Predator 2 City Hunter 1:4 Maquette. BACK UP FOR PO.

Hey everyone has an opinion and just like you mentioned the same people complained about every predator statue released because they all have flaws. But I can promise you this the complaining isn't stopping anyone. I can bet as soon as they see it next to another predator statue they will have to scramble to get one (maybe). I can't wait to put mines next to one of my statues. Flaws and all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Hey everyone has an opinion and just like you mentioned the same people complained about every predator statue released because they all have flaws. But I can promise you this the complaining isn't stopping anyone. I can bet as soon as they see it next to another predator statue they will have to scramble to get one (maybe). I can't wait to put mines next to one of my statues. Flaws and all.
Zero chance of that. This thing does not have just some slight flaws(even the grail P1 has "flaws"). This P2 has crippling inaccuracies coupled with multiple poor design decisions. It does not even look good as a "random" predator. People with eyes and standards will wait for something MUCH better to come along. A big discount to customize it may also work for some. That is if the decals don't peal off, it does not fall over, and the ES does not get raised again.

Everything aside, am I the only one seeing a lean here?

F8cQRCn.jpg

Even more so if you level the base out a bit and brighten things up...

k6SatZq.jpg

Hell cinemaquettes p1 predator isn't accurate and is an idealized representation that Steve Wang created.
Intentionally, and it actually looks good.

I'm not trying to force my opinion down on anyone but picking out faults on something that a. You didn't buy and b. Are not going to be changed unless a custom one is made is kinda pointless and rude to the people who do like it and are going to get it.
Wait, so I can't point out the flaws with this statue unless I've purchased it, otherwise I'm being "rude". How the **** does that make one bit of sense?

The only one being rude is yourself. It's cool that you like this severely flawed statue, but it is severely flawed and anyone has a right to state that whether they've dropped $1200 on it or not.

Christ.

On a positive note people...
I've just visited the CoolProps site to drool over their up and coming bust to keep my P2 love going! Kaboom!

.'. /_\ RP /_\ .'.

Zero chance of that. This thing does not have just some slight flaws(even the grail P1 has "flaws"). This P2 has crippling inaccuracies coupled with multiple poor design decisions. It does not even look good as a "random" predator. People with eyes and standards will wait for something MUCH better to come along. A big discount to customize it may also work for some. That is if the decals don't peal off, it does not fall over, and the ES does not get raised again.

I get what you saying bro but this thing sold out until the cancellation with flaws and all. The only reason it's not sold out now is because they raised the ES and they didn't fix the one flaw that people cared about and that was the quills. My predator collection is top notch to me and I will buy this one and Coolprops and whoever else make a predator statue I like. So again even though you say all this about the statue people will still buy because it's their money and your opinion don't matter. I'm not trying to be rude either.

I get what you saying bro but this thing sold out until the cancellation with flaws and all. The only reason it's not sold out now is because they raised the ES and they didn't fix the one flaw that people cared about and that was the quills. My predator collection is top notch to me and I will buy this one and Coolprops and whoever else make a predator statue I like. So again even though you say all this about the statue people will still buy because it's their money and your opinion don't matter.

I get it - it's a competition :)

MV5BMTIzNDI5MTc0M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMjM5NDU5._V1_SY317_CR10,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

I get what you saying bro but this thing sold out until the cancellation with flaws and all. The only reason it's not sold out now is because they raised the ES and they didn't fix the one flaw that people cared about and that was the quills. My predator collection is top notch to me and I will buy this one and Coolprops and whoever else make a predator statue I like. So again even though you say all this about the statue people will still buy because it's their money and your opinion don't matter. I'm not trying to be rude either.

The quills are the least of its problems and the easiest fix. The head is the real big one. Not only did they up the ES which really annoyed people after everything else, they also changed from paint to decals. I think more importantly, the cancellation and extra delay gave people who did order it originally more time to think it all over. It seems most of us never did re-order it. I'm sure this will be wait listed soon. That doesn't necessarily mean it has sold out as we all know well by now.

Pretty sure the people who reordered are well aware of the flaws by now, they've been mentioned enough times.

Congrats all who did order, hope you enjoy what you finally receive.

This is not for my money :D

The quills are the least of its problems and the easiest fix. The head is the real big one. Not only did they up the ES which really annoyed people after everything else, they also changed from paint to decals. I think more importantly, the cancellation and extra delay gave people who did order it originally more time to think it all over. It seems most of us never did re-order it. I'm sure this will be wait listed soon. That doesn't necessarily mean it has sold out as we all know well by now.

I agree because I ordered day one and it pissed me off. I said the same thing but I had to have it. I'm a sucker for predator because it's all I collect. we never get new stuff like all of the other lines monthly. But they did give us free reward points that came in handy.

I can guarantee it did not sell out before(and even then it took months). That was just SS wait list shenanigans again coupled with people who were hoping some issues got fixed before it shipped. 300 would have sold out the same day if this was even close to what we hoped for. Quills are FAR down the list of "flaws" we have issue with. That is probably the easiest problem to fix, yet still would not make up for the other more glaring substantial problems. Bottom line is it does not look good and no amount of reasoning/excuses it going to make it so. If you can trick yourself into overlooking the issues to like it, go for it! The rest of us can only dream of what could have been.

I can guarantee it did not sell out before(and even then it took months). That was just SS wait list shenanigans again coupled with people who were hoping some issues got fixed before it shipped. 300 would have sold out the same day if this was even close to what we hoped for. Quills are FAR down the list of "flaws" we have issue with. That is probably the easiest problem to fix, yet still would not make up for the other more glaring substantial problems. Bottom line is it does not look good and no amount of reasoning/excuses it going to make it so. If you can trick yourself into overlooking the issues to like it, go for it! The rest of us can only dream of what could have been.

Sir, The exclusive sold out and was wait listed. I don't care about the regular. The first es was 200 then it went up to 300. Hey I believe on the SSC slickery though.

Sir, The exclusive sold out and was wait listed. I don't care about the regular. The first es was 200 then it went up to 300. Hey I believe on the SSC slickery though.
It went to wait list, that is not the same thing, and like I said it took a couple months. It would have taken just days or even hours to WL the original ES had it turned out well.

Back