Predator 2 Arriving in 15 days

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The armor unclipped from the back of my Scar Doh!

I have so much trouble getting a pose i like out of these fellas too!

Congrats guys !!!looks like every one happy to own this~~

To tell you the truth the free flow dreads i feel are better hey

Agree!!!i just don know why they put wires into those dreads,they should make this dread Originally than no need to waste now these predators:confused:

The AvP Preds certainly did have some assembly issues, but I think their armour and gear was actually pretty roomy compared to the P2 Pred. Chopper was the most tedious one out of the eight I put together, due to difficulty fitting the skull trophies on his back with the armour getting in the way, but I don't think the AvP Preds gave me nearly as much trouble as the new figure has.

The armour on the new Pred seems like it was made for a different figure. It's almost as if they had planned to make a thinner body (didn't the proto figure look a lot leaner?), then decided to go with the same bod as the AvP Preds. That might explain why the belt and chest armour is so tight. I even tried untying the laces on the sides to see if I could loosen it up some, but it seems they're only there for show! After plenty of futzing I finally got it to fit without popping open somewhere, but I may trim out some plastic on the inside of the belt and armour later to see if I can get it to fit better. I'm going to add some hook fasteners made out of brass rod to his knee guards. The ones I got are just way too tight and the bands hardly stretch at all. I already broke the end of the connector off putting one of his legs on and had to pin it back together with brass rod, so I really don't want to try taking his legs off again! Anyway, I'm still crazy about this new figure and I can't wait to get my mitts on that P2 Elder next! :monkey5

This isn't my first Predator, it just seems more frustrating than the others. The back armor I can't get to close at all, and the instructions show the front of the armor opening, but I can't get mine to open at all.

I refuse to use superglue on them though, I think they ought to go together properly without glue and I'm determined to do it that way.

Yeah dude, i tried to open from the front but Michael Crawford's review said not to because its welded shut and the back clips off, i bit the bullet and unclipped the back and dabbed a tiny bit of glue on the waist part. The instructions are bull**** it shows one thing but thats not the way to put it together at all. Even the shinpads were wrong in the instructions

This isn't my first Predator, it just seems more frustrating than the others. The back armor I can't get to close at all, and the instructions show the front of the armor opening, but I can't get mine to open at all.

I refuse to use superglue on them though, I think they ought to go together properly without glue and I'm determined to do it that way.

I'm with you about using superglue, I don't think we should even have to. The instructions are silly. I opened the armour from the front, very carefully so as not to break off the peg fastener, but there's no way you can open it wide enough to put it on without opening the back, too. So after plenty of futzing and four-letter words, I finally got the back to close and stay closed. Whew! The joint in front is pretty tight, but I managed to pry it open with a dental spatula. Anything like that would probably do the trick.

I went ahead and added hook fasterers to the knee guards and they fit just right now. I used some 0.4mm brass rod and bent it into desired shape with some fine needle nose pliers. I then peeled one end of the glued strap apart on each piece, fitted my fasteners and sewed the ends securely onto the strap. It doesn't look half bad, and hey, I only drew blood once this time!

I'll try to post some pics later on if anyone's interested in doing the same, but it didn't take an awful lot of imagination to remedy the problem. It makes it a helluva lot more convenient to put on and take off the knee guards now! :D

I just ordered my Predator 2 from Toysquare.SS was having some issues with my Paypal backup funding and I really could'nt wait another week for the bank transfer so Toysquare was the only place that had one for decent price.
I'm hoping he arrives by friday,sh%# Medi Fett is coming next week as well,what an awesome week it's going to be.

You guys and superglue! :lol I don't know where I'd be without it! :rock
As for my figures, whatever it takes to make them look correct. If you have a thing about it, cool. I don't.

I added a new thread, for P2 images. Now that so many are in here...:lol
Anyway, I thought the Predator 2 deserved his own "official" thread. :rock

Mine went together for the most part like instructions except for chest armor. Note: The chest armor comes apart in the front and back. The clips in the back were tricky, had to use a flat head screwdriver to help guide them back in. Also dip the female portion of the head in hot water before attatching to the neck post.The briefs were a pain too. Pull them as far up on waist and then peg together.Once you do this you can pull them back down where they need to be.Caution: be patient it took me about an hour and a half, but no breakage.

Whats that superglue that comes in a Liquid Paper bottle with a brush applier?

I really like superglue gel... much less mess and stays where you want it. I did need a bit for the spear, it was painted tight and broke when I was freeing the extenders :monkey2

I really like superglue gel... much less mess and stays where you want it. I did need a bit for the spear, it was painted tight and broke when I was freeing the extenders :monkey2

:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2 The only thing i broke was the little button thing in the back of his undys! Supergule that **** up and it was good as new!

Hmmm, I didn't think Superglue would hold that button. Good to know... luckily I didn't break that part.

:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2 The only thing i broke was the little button thing in the back of his undys! Supergule that **** up and it was good as new!
That's surprising. I broke mine and it didn't seem like it would work. Way too much tension on those pieces. Did you glue the straps together or repair the post?

That's surprising. I broke mine and it didn't seem like it would work. Way too much tension on those pieces. Did you glue the straps together or repair the post?

I glued the straps! hell that little thing was going to hold all the pressure after breaking.

Back