Predator 2 Arriving in 15 days

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only thing i had to glue was the back part of his belt because it was so tight around his crotch. No glue applied to my Scar!

DSC00766.jpg

DSC00764.jpg

DSC00763.jpg

Well,here are some quickies I fired off.I'll post more later,Enjoy.

I got my Predator 2 figure a while ago from Toys2 but was so busy that I just got around to putting him together today.

I had NO problems putting him together whatsoever...he was the easiest Predator to put together by far! Sorry to hear that so many of you have been having problems and breaking parts!

My secret weapon was the Hair Dryer...actually...HEAT is the best weapon you can have. The problem that I had when I first was getting into Hot Toys was that I expected all the gear on my figures to come on and off with ease, but the plastic is so stiff on some of the outfits that I struggled along.

So this time around I used a hair dryer and that got the back waist peg softened with heat to take it off and put it right back on after pulling up the Pred 2's undies. Also like a lot of you, I took the armor apart from the back but had warmed it up so it came apart easily and it slipped right back together when I fastened the armor on. I did have to hold the armor together in back as the plastic cooled but after I let go it held just fine.

I also heated up the Predator's head (right along the female-side neck slot) and that made putting the head on a lot easier.

For those that don't have it yet...just use a hair dryer on all the parts and you should be able to take everything apart just fine. The plastic can be a little too hard and stiff when at normal temperature and prone to breakage!

I can grab one for $279 but thats heaps for a figure but i do understand this thing is rare

Funny thing is that SS had this figure for $129 just 3 months ago,then right after it sold out on their site it started to sky rockett.I saw one bid on EBay end at $380 plus shipping last week.:eek:I think time has ran out to get this figure unless you have some serious cash to let go.I dont think that Aliens Hicks has even reached that amount.

I think a few Hicks have sold for $350+... but I don't know if thats a long term trend or just some panicked buying.

I think it's because the first waves were more limited than the 2nd waves. In other words, they were just testing the waters to see if anyone was interested when they had the first ALIENS and AVP figures for sale.

Hmm, I think I'm going to email them and ask if they're planning a rerelease of the first wave ALIENS Marines and AVP Predators anytime soon.

Last edited:
I think it's because the first waves were more limited than the 2nd waves. In other words, they were just testing the waters to see if anyone was interested when they had the first ALIENS and AVP figures for sale.

Hmm, I think I'm going to email them and ask if they're planning a rerelease of the first wave ALIENS Marines and AVP Predators anytime soon.

I'm thinking they might.HT just rereleased the Grid Alien to SS,so I have my fingers crossed.:D

I was thinking of grabbing the Grid, but then again a Grid on its head isnt exactly worth 120 lol seeing as i already have an AVP Warrior

I was thinking of grabbing the Grid, but then again a Grid on its head isnt exactly worth 120 lol seeing as i already have an AVP Warrior
Agreed. I could probably get a regular AVP Alien(Even though I despise that design) and just add the grid to it and paint over it with some better paint.

I'm getting the Ancient Asia soon, but I'm thinking I might trade it for a Predator 2 + $$$, since I don't really care for the mask design or AVP as a whole. That and Predator 2 has best design and look. Stan Winston FTW!:cool:

@chavez: No problem! :D

Yeah man the Predator 2 is the BEST of the BEST from Hot Toys. I got a Chopper, Elder, Scar & Predator 2 and hes my favourite

Back