Possible member trying to scam us with XM products!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got the same message. I wrote back requesting he supply some customers/contacts from this board who could vouch for him. He responded by saying he would be glad to, but info was in his laptop which was presently unavailable?! That was 3 days ago, never heard from him since.

Got the same message. I wrote back requesting he supply some customers/contacts from this board who could vouch for him. He responded by saying he would be glad to, but info was in his laptop which was presently unavailable?! That was 3 days ago, never heard from him since.

:lol someone who can't find info on their laptop is a schmuck.

Smells like BS.

Pretty sure the guy posted the same information, offering P.O for $200 commission, in the WTB section then backtracked when Shell interviened.

Well the member is banned and he emailed me about it. He is actually quite upset about this. Personally the OP should had done this privately. If he or she is uncomfortable doing business with him, then move on. In this business, you have to start somewhere. There will always be hesitation on doing business with someone that is new here. I've been at that same threshold too. Some people have good intention to help each other out in this hobby. In this case because the member is relatively new and will low post, we can not assume he is scamming us. That's not right.

Last edited:
Well the member is banned and he emailed me about it. He is actually quite upset about this. Personally the OP should had done this privately. If he or she is uncomfortable doing business with him, then move on. In this business, you have to start somewhere. There will always be hesitation on doing business with someone that is new here. I've been at that same threshold too. Some people have good intention to help each other out in this hobby. In this case because the member is relatively new and will low post, we can not assume he is scamming us. That's not right.

Yeah, that's a tough break if he didn't do anything wrong.

How does what he is doing qualify as a business?

How does circumventing the buy/sell rules and sending unsolicited PM's worthy of anything but bannings/warnings to others not to engage in the same?

How does circumventing the buy/sell rules and sending unsolicited PM's worthy of anything but bannings/warnings to others not to engage in the same?

^ This :exactly:

We come here to get information, chat and browse the commerce threads in our own time.
I personally don't want to be hounded by PM, as I'm sure most would agree.

Yup, it's all my fault. Try and help out and watch out for my fellow members and it's my fault. Rock on with your bad self.

For all we know, he didn't even use the commerce section to approach some peeps here. As a new member, sometimes we don't read or know the rules that are posted here. When I was a new member at SF, I was naive. I knew the rules but I posted it anyways. I would say I wish I had that statue. Those members would PM me. If I wasn't approach, I would never had gotten the original Hulks, Cap, Venom and all the past statues I missed out at a reasonable rate. Those peeps help me out a lot and we have done many transactions. I can even call them friends. I even help people that I don't know acquire things without making one cent out of it. I treat this forum as a community and I can say that a lot of people do it for good intention.

Yes, this new member was asking for $200 to get Certain XM statues. We all know that there are other members doing the exact same thing and it's been posted out in the open. Are those members ban? Hell no. Because this guy is new and posted only twice makes him a scammer? To me, this is a double standard from the mods.

Without these people helping out each other, this makes collecting much more frustrating.

Yup, it's all my fault. Try and help out and watch out for my fellow members and it's my fault. Rock on with your bad self.

I'm not saying it's your fault but there are ways to do it. You actually posted the guy's name out in the open. To me that's not right. Things should be done privately. Your assumption had a member banned. Right or wrong, this could had been handled better. JMHO.

Being approached after expressing an interest and spamming random members inbox are two completely different things.

There is a WTB section, open for all members Premium or not, for the purpose of trying to aquire items.

Should have went about it the way scoots did by starting a thread. Have to start somewhere, but he went about it the wrong way. Too bad, could have been another source for xm goodness.

Being approached after expressing an interest and spamming random members inbox are two completely different things.

There is a WTB section, open for all members Premium or not, for the purpose of trying to aquire items.

I don't consider him spamming when he knew I was looking for XM statues. Like VanDammage said, we may have lost another person that could had help with getting XM statues. Not all people knows the rules or are clear about it.

He couldn't be bothered reading the rules, couldn't be bothered posting his credentials when asked, couldn't be bothered hanging around the place for more than two posts to get a feel for the community he's trying to make a buck out of. Good riddance.

He couldn't be bothered reading the rules, couldn't be bothered posting his credentials when asked, couldn't be bothered hanging around the place for more than two posts to get a feel for the community he's trying to make a buck out of. Good riddance.

:lol :lol :lol

Yeah. . .I usually have sympathy for people who come here and need to learn the ropes, but this seems pretty open and shut. Guy seemed to join for the simple purpose of making a few bucks by acting as a middle man, and that's not the kind of member Dave wants to attract. Looks like he's banned now, so this thread has served its purpose, and will be closed. Toycrypt did the right thing by making this public and warning other members of potentially problematic behavior.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back