Possible member trying to scam us with XM products!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

toycrypt

Super Freak
Reaction score
Is there anyone else getting messages from Hotsaltysea asking for a $200 spiff for ordering and getting you a XM statue. Dude has only 2 posts, seems super sketchy to me. Comments?

Last edited:
Re: Possible XM SCAM!

I got that too. It seemed super sketchy so I started chatting with him and he sent me a picture of a computer screen with what he wanted done.
I'd be shocked if it wasn't a scam. He's been on some of the Facebook groups with the same thing.
I felt like the Godfather when I received his pm; why am I so lucky to receive this generosity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know if its a scam or not. I know there are hesitation because of his lack of post here at SSF. Now I asked about other XM statues like Thanos. If he was a scammer, he would have offered me a slot of it but he said he couldn't get it. Just a thought.

Now with XM alloting a small amount to some other members here and other forums as the middleman, I think that is a shame too. Those people get a $200 commission also. If XM shipped globally, we would never even have a discussion about this.

I havent heard of anyone being scammed trying to order XM pieces through other people, but I guess its only a matter of time

Until someone in the circle can vouch for him I don't think I'd risk it. He could be legit but who knows.

Did you get this?

Thanos.jpg

I havent heard of anyone being scammed trying to order XM pieces through other people, but I guess its only a matter of time

Well, there are a select few guys who have already delivered on several statues and are thus trusted by XM and those of us who deal with them. Otherwise, third party online retailers are the next most trustworthy. I would contact XM and see if they know this guy at all. If not, don't risk it unless he is willing to ship first.

What was weird, at least with me, is I wasn't asking for XMs or even looking for any. I've been posting occasionally in the XM Thanos thread sporadically so maybe that's where the guy saw me but to start offering people, unprovoked, statues that are selling for $2k+ for $1,200 is very, very sketchy.

Until someone in the circle can vouch for him I don't think I'd risk it. He could be legit but who knows.

Yeah, peeps were skeptical about ScootS but Mark and Kenny both vouched for him and he's come through on all of his orders as far as I know. Everybody has to start somewhere.

Hi,
I am from singapore and I am helping ppl secure xm statue locally. I charge a fee of us$200 per pre order. Do pm me if interested.
not going to do any markup on the statues

Sound familiar. I kinda wish I knew he was legit. I want a XM statue and would gladly pay the $200 mark up. But I can't trust someone who only has two posts and no feedback. Way to sketchy IMHO.

XM doesn't ship to the US......as far as I know. That's what it says on their site.

Regardless, he shouldn't be sending random messages.
If he was legit I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have a problem shifting these sought after items.

Oh, to the US. My mistake. What an odd strategy, considering what they produce.

But yeah, new member pm'ing people like that is dodgy, no matter how well intentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back