Statue Pop Culture Shock: An American Werewolf In London

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agree, a true masterpiece of a film. It's funny, but last night seeing it on blu ray for the first time with a quality sound system, it was truly scary at times. It's the first time I remember being scared by this movie. The howling when they're wandering the moors in the dark in particular. :horror

Yep. This and Jaws I would rent on vhs all the time back in the 80's. Yeah I'm old. But these and a handful of others are the movies I would compare all others to from then on. This was always one of those movies that stand alone to me as best of their kind. If I were to recommend only one werewolf movie to someone who's never seen a werewolf movie this would be it. This IS the movie that made me a fan of horror.

That being said, I have to admit I still don't know where the stairs come from in this design but given how the rest has turned out I can look past it.

Agree, a true masterpiece of a film. It's funny, but last night seeing it on blu ray for the first time with a quality sound system, it was truly scary at times. It's the first time I remember being scared by this movie. The howling when they're wandering the moors in the dark in particular. :horror

tumblr_static_awil_the_moors_hi_res.jpg

I think the pose is him walking down the stairs of nurse Alex's flat right after the transformation.

I think the closeup of the wolfs face looks bang on like the old SOTA bust. If I'm not mistaken, SOTA toys became Pop Culture Shock, so it may even be the same sculptor.
I've had this bust for years, and it's one of my favourites due to the fact that it's one of the very few AWIL collectibles out there. There he is alongside my other favourite movie monster, Mr Barlow from Salem's Lot.

image.jpg

I think the closeup of the wolfs face looks bang on like the old SOTA bust. If I'm not mistaken, SOTA toys became Pop Culture Shock, so it may even be the same sculptor.
I've had this bust for years, and it's one of my favourites due to the fact that it's one of the very few AWIL collectibles out there. There he is alongside my other favourite movie monster, Mr Barlow from Salem's Lot.

View attachment 199447

I have that also... Very nice but I am happy to upgrade :)

I have that too. Still being displayed because I always thought it captured a good likeness and like you say, one of the few AWIL collectibles out there. I'd like to see some scale for this new one though. I know it's 1:4 but hard to tell how big it will be. Most scenes of the wolf and another person together were just head shots where the person was being ripped to pieces. Hopefully a full reveal will be up soon.

I'm sure I'll be in the minority in this area of the forum, but I wish this wolf was 1/6 scale. It would make sense seeing as how PCS is making 1/6 head sculpts of David and Jack. Unless maybe they are planning more 1/4 scale releases?

I'm sure I'll be in the minority in this area of the forum, but I wish this wolf was 1/6 scale. It would make sense seeing as how PCS is making 1/6 head sculpts of David and Jack. Unless maybe they are planning more 1/4 scale releases?

You never know, they may also do a 1/6 scale wolf. I'd like to see the nightmare demons done in 1/6 too

I was also wondering how he got out of her flat. I noticed though that they purposely showed the entry door ajar during the transformation scene so he wouldn't have to open the door knob with his paws lol. It always bothered me that David left the main front door open too, but now that makes sense too. I think having a broken window or something like that would have wasted too much screen time to explain.

I already checked the scene in the film just before he gets locked out but it doesn't really match those front steps. Could be anywhere I guess, not that it really matters. Interested to see the final reveal.

Back