Poorly repainted red/gold light up Iron Man on ebay - fake ebay auctions are evil

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From the auction...

The first one like this got sold on ebay for 18000 plus.

This sentence "implies" that this statue is identical to the the "first one" that sold for $18000, when in fact, it is not even close to identical. He doesn't say that this statue is "like" the prototype IM, as in being similar in appearance; what he says is "the first one like this", which is saying that this is the "second" or later one. Just because you put a Shelby Cobra body kit on a VW bug frame, doesn't make it a Shelby Cobra, so painting a SIM doesn't make it a prototype Red and Gold Iron Man with lights. Deception, pure and simple. Just my two cents...

and some people here feel that if someone wants to pay $1200 for a piece of crap, that's their problem. sounds like bad karma to me. :D i also feel that the description is deceiving. buyer beware.

Im glad it sold that high..I hope that this will encourage other people to custom painted their fiasco ones from Sideshow.People reporting this auction should be shoot.Nothing wrong with it.

On one hand, Yes it is a con. And it's is, perhaps moraly questionable to con someone. BUT if you read the description carefully you can realise that it is not from sideshow. the seller is very careful with his words, implying that it is made by sideshow without comming out and saying it. Yes it's wrong. He SHOULD state that he custom painted it to make it look like the other one that sold for alot. the fact of the matter is, he did not, and like all things e-bay it's very much buyer beware. I hate to say it, but if those people are not doing their homework, it's on them.
That may sound harsh, but unfortunately it's how the world seems to work these days.
Is it something I would do? no. But I can't either condem or condone it either.

he's either honest or he's not. since when does integrity and honesty have degrees of variance? :confused: he changed his description's wording and tweaked it as if he had some legal experience. :lol

Im glad it sold that high..I hope that this will encourage other people to custom painted their fiasco ones from Sideshow.People reporting this auction should be shoot.Nothing wrong with it.

there is no honor in preying on the weak and uneducated. kurgan would be disappointed. :D

Perhaps whoever bought it is going to re-repaint it...

And do a better job...:D

So why not just buy one of the damaged ones for under retail price?

Sure the buyer is naive, perhaps stupid, but just because they're ignorant doesn't mean that they deserve to be swindled.

Maybe the seller is reading our comments, and thought of redoing it properly...

I'm still not going to buy one though...

Back