POLL: Next Hot Toys purchase

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which One?

• MMS 123 Iron Man Mk IV

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • MMS 150 Iron Man Mk II Armour Unleashed

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • MMS 185 Iron Man Mk VII

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • MMS 191 Tony Stark Armour Testing

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • MMS 273 Tony Stark Arc Reactor Creation

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • MMS 257 Marty McFly

Votes: 14 32.6%
  • MMS 263 Batman Armoury

Votes: 6 14.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Plastic Bateman

Super Freak
Reaction score
I didn't want to clog up the board with a pointless thread like this, but my indecision has reached terminal levels.

I've made a little extra money recently and I've been weighing up some potential purchases, almost all Marvel. Can't make my mind up, so I'm putting it up to a poll.

The choices:

1) MMS 123 Iron Man Mk IV
2) MMS 150 Iron Man Mk II Armour Unleashed
3) MMS 185 Iron Man Mk VII
4) MMS 191 Tony Stark Armour Testing Version
5) MMS 273 Tony Stark Arc Reactor Creation Version

The ringers:

6) MMS 257 Marty McFly
7) MMS 236 Batman Armoury

Tony Stark Armor Testing Version for sure. That one seems like a crucial piece for any Iron Man display, and given your apparent affinity for Iron Man armors, you should start there.

Tony Stark Armor Testing Version for sure. That one seems like a crucial piece for any Iron Man display, and given your apparent affinity for Iron Man armors, you should start there.

I currently have the Mk 42 and the Mk 33 Silver Centurion in my collection, if that helps. I'd really like a 'classic colours' Iron Man and I'm not sure whether to pick up a Mark IV or Mk VII now, or wait for the Diecast Mk III to fill that void.

I would suggest you consider pre-ordering the MKIII diecast, over the IV or VII in your list, due to the risk of 'pink panties' on the original red and gold, plastic figures.

I have a strong fondness to my Mark II Unleashed figure. It has so many features and so many different ways you can pose him that it really is a great piece to any collection. I would choose that or the Mark III die-cast over anything else.

I have a strong fondness to my Mark II Unleashed figure. It has so many features and so many different ways you can pose him that it really is a great piece to any collection. I would choose that or the Mark III die-cast over anything else.

:goodpost:

Mk II, followed by Tony Stark Armour Testing.. that combo gives variety, and an enormous number of accessories.. with MkIII on pre-order.
:)

I currently have the Mk 42 and the Mk 33 Silver Centurion in my collection, if that helps. I'd really like a 'classic colours' Iron Man and I'm not sure whether to pick up a Mark IV or Mk VII now, or wait for the Diecast Mk III to fill that void.

In terms of your 'classic colors' predicament, I agree that the Mark III is the way to go. That's always been the most classic Iron Man armor to me, and as it has yet to hit the aftermarket, I'd recommend considering that as your best option.

That being said, I started my collection just after the Mark III die-cast went up for order, and I missed out on the exclusive, so I decided to just jump on the waitlist because I really wanted the mini arc reactor... I don't know if you care about that, so if not, go ahead and order it. If you do, maybe chase down the Mark VII and wait to grab an exclusive Mark III once they ship out.

I would suggest you consider pre-ordering the MKIII diecast, over the IV or VII in your list, due to the risk of 'pink panties' on the original red and gold, plastic figures.

All the figures I've listed besides Marty McFly I've tracked down for what would be considered good prices. The most expensive being the Mk IV (£250 MISB, no pink panties), the next being the Mk II (£225). The pink panties don't worry me too much, I have good airbrushes and tools that I could use to fix the problem with if it ever occurred.

:goodpost:

Mk II, followed by Tony Stark Armour Testing.. that combo gives variety, and an enormous number of accessories.. with MkIII on pre-order.
:)

Really tempting figure, the test flight scene in IM1 is probably my favourite scene in any superhero film.

In terms of your 'classic colors' predicament, I agree that the Mark III is the way to go. That's always been the most classic Iron Man armor to me, and as it has yet to hit the aftermarket, I'd recommend considering that as your best option.

That being said, I started my collection just after the Mark III die-cast went up for order, and I missed out on the exclusive, so I decided to just jump on the waitlist because I really wanted the mini arc reactor... I don't know if you care about that, so if not, go ahead and order it. If you do, maybe chase down the Mark VII and wait to grab an exclusive Mark III once they ship out.

I'm not hugely bothered by the mini arc reactor accessory, mostly because it's not 100% screen accurate.

Since you have the 42 & 33 armors, I vote that instead of filling a classic armor void that you get an actual Tony Stark figure to display.

Workshop set would be my vote but since it wasn't an option I threw my vote into Arc Reactor creation.

Last edited:
I agree with eliot227, the armor testing tony is awesome. So many options with that piece and it is essential to any iron man set up. having that just make your set up complete imo. But... my all-time favorite fig is the mk vii. Out of all the suits I have that is still my fav. I don't think the vii has pink panty issue. I have yet to see one but I'm sure they do fade at some point eventually. Mine has been out the box and out of direct sunlight since I got it almost 2 years ago and still looks like the day I pulled it out the box

You can probably drop Marty and Batman armory because you posted this in the Marvel section :lol it should at least tell you something :rotfl

I'd buy the Batman Armory. Hold off on the older IM armors because they might be reissued in diecast.

Marty is currently winning by a landslide, though :dunno

nicholas.gif

Since you have the 42 & 33 armors, I vote that instead of filling a classic armor void that you get an actual Tony Stark figure to display.

Workshop set would be my vote but since it wasn't an option I threw my vote into Arc Reactor creation.

Armour Testing is the workshop version :lecture

I'd buy the Batman Armory. Hold off on the older IM armors because they might be reissued in diecast.

Interesting point. I'm getting fed up of their practice of not including fully unmasked headsculpts in the newer figures, though.

73GEPPy.gif

Where is the option to stop buying/collecting Hot Toys because the prices have been going up ridiculously lately? Ironman used to be released around $180-$200, I refuse to pay over $300 now. It's not that I can't afford this hobby anymore but the bang for my buck goes further in collecting neca 1/4 scale, marvel legends, figuarts and 1:1 prop replicas. I still own some hot toys but I'm not sure if I'm going to be buying or holding onto them anymore.

Back