Policy change without warning by Triad Toys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happened to me about one year ago. They charged my card for someting that wasn't available because my card was expiring! Guess what, it's been one year and the item hasn't been released yet!

Same thing happened to me. I had used coupons for my Champloo figures and EVO/EVA bodies... they tried to charge my card in Dec '08 for the Champloo figures. Since it was around Christmas, I didn't have the funds in the account, and wasn't expecting it anyway, so the charge declined and they canceled the order! And the Champloo figures didn't even ship for almost another year! They said their policy was to charge up front when coupons are used... :rotfl I had to re-order the Champloo figures and lost the $20 coupon discount, but when they finally shipped, I explained what happened to one of the customer service reps, and he was nice enough to apply a current $10 discount for me. Not as good as the original, but at least he tried.

If they think most people will let them charge for figures that may take two or three years to come out, if they even come out that is, then they might be in for a surprise! I know I won't order direct if they charge up front...

I just got off the phone with the bank. They refunded all the charges associated with the Triad screw-up. Triad finally put the money back in my account. So I can finally wash my hands of the whole mess.

I won't be ordering from them again.

I honestly am amazed Triad can stay in business with its combination of incompetence and arrogance. The EVA/EVO fail is epic. Their product development time is years and yet they seem to think that is normal. Toy Fair did not exactly go their way either with a terrible sculpt on the House figure and then some jaw-dropping excuse about how it wasn't the actual prototype (as if you would show a rejected prototype at Toy Fair).

I bought the Jin Samurai Champloo figure and really like him, but I would never order their stuff through anyone but a cancel-friendly store like BBTS.

I honestly am amazed Triad can stay in business with its combination of incompetence and arrogance. The EVA/EVO fail is epic. Their product development time is years and yet they seem to think that is normal. Toy Fair did not exactly go their way either with a terrible sculpt on the House figure and then some jaw-dropping excuse about how it wasn't the actual prototype (as if you would show a rejected prototype at Toy Fair).

I bought the Jin Samurai Champloo figure and really like him, but I would never order their stuff through anyone but a cancel-friendly store like BBTS.

I have a strong feeling this company won't exist in another year.

There House line is headed for Epic failure if it ever gets released. In fact when I saw this thread my first thought was they were going under and just trying to get some cash before it happens.

...I bought the Jin Samurai Champloo figure and really like him, but I would never order their stuff through anyone but a cancel-friendly store like BBTS.

Yeah, I really want Fuu to finish my set, but I'll just wait and order it through AlterEgo or BBTS or somebody...

I can't imagine what would happen if Sideshow charged me for all of my pending orders... although I think my wife would kill me.

In general I wouldn't be put off by having to pay up front for items, but obviously changing the rules after the fact is not cool. Especially if its w/o warning.

If BBTS tried to do that, it would literally break the bank for me! You factor in the fact that these things will come incrementally over time, and that you don't have to pay up-front. Otherwise, most of us would pre-order very differently I think.

I've already cut back a lot on preordering knowing that most items can be bought for much less after the fact...if companies started charging at preorder it would cause me to stop completely.

I don't think its fair to ask a customer to front your business expenses or give you money that you can bank roll and earn interest on. Customers are already doing you a huge favor by purchasing the item, no need to milk them.

Also, its pretty obvious that once people/companies already have your money in their hands they don't really have an incentive to make the product quickly or the quality it should be.

I have a strong feeling this company won't exist in another year.

There House line is headed for Epic failure if it ever gets released. In fact when I saw this thread my first thought was they were going under and just trying to get some cash before it happens.

Given the sour attitude in response to earlier contacts, I'd say that's exactly what's happening.

:horror

I felt a bit sick for a second thinking about that :lol

:lol I did as well even though, like GB, I have less on order now than I did a few years ago.

Yeah, I really want Fuu to finish my set, but I'll just wait and order it through AlterEgo or BBTS or somebody...

I really want Fuu as well. I like both her character and the beautiful prototype from TF (I would buy that as a doll on its own). Why Triad did not release all three SC characters at once or at least over a closely coordinated period is beyond me. That is the kind of decision that can only hurt sales.

Given the sour attitude in response to earlier contacts, I'd say that's exactly what's happening.

I would love to see Triad reorganised under bankrupcy with new management. With Samurai Champloo and now Lone Wolf and Cub, they are definitely moving in the right direction to being the successor to Alfrex in terms of high quality 1:6 samurai figures.

House and Dexter are great licences too, if a) done well, meaning good head sculpts first and foremost, and b) in a timely fashion (1 year start to finish, not 2+).

Their basic business niche seem very sound, just something in the management is not right.

I would love to see Triad reorganised under bankrupcy with new management. With Samurai Champloo and now Lone Wolf and Cub, they are definitely moving in the right direction to being the successor to Alfrex in terms of high quality 1:6 samurai figures.

House and Dexter are great licences too, if a) done well, meaning good head sculpts first and foremost, and b) in a timely fashion (1 year start to finish, not 2+).

Their basic business niche seem very sound, just something in the management is not right.

I'm guessing either they overspent on the new licenses and don't have the revenue for production or one of the financial backers bailed. Add that to the ridiculously long production time (I'll see Bub from Amok before their stuff :lol), and it's a recipe for disaster.

I always thought they were excellent tailors. I have two clothing sets by them and they now belong to my two favorite figures.

Ok, now someone else say something good.

Or not.

I'm guessing either they overspent on the new licenses and don't have the revenue for production or one of the financial backers bailed.

That's my guess. I was shocked to see such a small company that was basically producing small run clothing sets all of a sudden getting these high profile licenses.

lmao this thread is going out of control.

i bet they're spending all our money on cocaine and prostitutes. :lol

And what's funny is I actually have less on their than in the past... but it would still be a tidy sum :lol

:lol I did as well even though, like GB, I have less on order now than I did a few years ago.

Yeah, I have much less on my pre-order list than in years past, to bad it adds up to would 2 or 3x as many figures would have cost just a couple years ago :monkey4

Back