Policy change without warning by Triad Toys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always thought they were excellent tailors. I have two clothing sets by them and they now belong to my two favorite figures.

Ok, now someone else say something good.

Or not.

I think their tailoring is acceptable, and I have liked some of the things I have bought from them quite a lot, but some of the things I have purchased have been a tad too tight. No give in the length of sleeves, etc. Most people don't wear skintight "just big enough" clothes. In my mind, Triad is in the same place Sideshow is with 1/6, maybe just a little behind them, in that they both need to step it up if they want to compete for the collector's dollars.

I don't see Triad close to where SS is in 1/6.

I did say a tad behind. I love Triad's Otaku bodies, SS's female bodies look sad. I don't really have an opinion on male Triad bodies, never bought one, but the Prometheus body is wimpy looking crap. I think Triad's clothes are tailored better than SS, and the materials chosen are better. Now Sideshow definitely wins as far as license acquisition and execution of said licenses is concerned, and also their accessory parts are better. Both are a mixed bag to me. I can't bring myself to buy a lot of either company's stuff anymore, every time I do, I feel somewhat let down when I see it in hand. I'm still utterly horrified by Triad's House prototypes- total, total garbage, and their fantasy and secret agent looking stuff just doesn't sell me.

I got a few Triad figures.

Had no problem with the Otakus (I have one of each, expect the first one).

My problem was with my Champloo and Taki orders, their shipping package was not protected and the figures were loose inside their boxes (no twist and tie and no other form of holding them in their places). The Otakus were shipped the same way, but since they are packaged in blisters, it was ok. I never imagined that their boxed figures would be shipped that same way.

We all know that there has been a reason for all those twist and ties over the years...

Result: My jin has a bad scratch on his nose and my taki's armor lost a lot of pieces that will need to be glued back together.

And I hate to have to fix a figure, they are not cheap and they shouldn't need repair.

That made me stop buying with them. I really like their products (although that House figure is terrible), but their lack of proper vision really made me give up on them. And that's what I think happened here, lack of proper business vision.

That said, I believe they really think it was a good move to solve the expiring credit card problem and that they are thinking in the Wait lists that they can guarantee. They just forget (again) that they are killing their own business with so much dissatisfaction from their clients.

I got a few Triad figures.

Had no problem with the Otakus (I have one of each, expect the first one).

My problem was with my Champloo and Taki orders, their shipping package was not protected and the figures were loose inside their boxes (no twist and tie and no other form of holding them in their places). The Otakus were shipped the same way, but since they are packaged in blisters, it was ok. I never imagined that their boxed figures would be shipped that same way.

We all know that there has been a reason for all those twist and ties over the years...

Result: My jin has a bad scratch on his nose and my taki's armor lost a lot of pieces that will need to be glued back together.

And I hate to have to fix a figure, they are not cheap and they shouldn't need repair.

That made me stop buying with them. I really like their products (although that House figure is terrible), but their lack of proper vision really made me give up on them. And that's what I think happened here, lack of proper business vision.

That said, I believe they really think it was a good move to solve the expiring credit card problem and that they are thinking in the Wait lists that they can guarantee. They just forget (again) that they are killing their own business with so much dissatisfaction from their clients.

I think you're right. They realized their product takes so damn long to produce that pre-orders end up being lost due to cards expiring, and people not caring anymore by the time the item is finally released, so they decided to grab the cash now.
They did me a favor in the long run- I know now not to ever pre-order their product from them. The only item I am currently even considering pre-ordering is "Ghost", but I'm afraid it will get the poor treatment your Champloo and Taki figures got, and I don't want a banged-up, halfass figure. She's also dressed all in white, and that's easy to get dirty too. I know, I'm paranoid, but they made me that way! :horror

I got a few of their products and liked what I got. I was thinking about preordering the new bodies, but after going through this thread I prob wont be doing so anytime soon. Besides I prefer to order my triad stuff through GSTG since shipping is cheaper and faster.

Didnt see it posted here, what happened at Toy Fair with Triad?

I got a few of their products and liked what I got. I was thinking about preordering the new bodies, but after going through this thread I prob wont be doing so anytime soon. Besides I prefer to order my triad stuff through GSTG since shipping is cheaper and faster.

I may even order directly from them to buy their Eva Body (if/when released). But no boxed figures, not anymore.

And never on pre-order (I don´t have a problem with paying in advance, since I always pay using paypal. I don´t like the waiting without knowing the real release date).

I may even order directly from them to buy their Eva Body (if/when released). But no boxed figures, not anymore.

And never on pre-order (I don´t have a problem with paying in advance, since I always pay using paypal. I don´t like the waiting without knowing the real release date).

I can understand maybe a month or so delay, but alot of their things are delayed much longer then that. Last I checked their Preorders were showing as:

Released on

They had taken off the dates on alot of their preorder items. Might of changed since then though

I did say a tad behind. I love Triad's Otaku bodies, SS's female bodies look sad. I don't really have an opinion on male Triad bodies, never bought one, but the Prometheus body is wimpy looking crap. I think Triad's clothes are tailored better than SS, and the materials chosen are better. Now Sideshow definitely wins as far as license acquisition and execution of said licenses is concerned, and also their accessory parts are better. Both are a mixed bag to me. I can't bring myself to buy a lot of either company's stuff anymore, every time I do, I feel somewhat let down when I see it in hand. I'm still utterly horrified by Triad's House prototypes- total, total garbage, and their fantasy and secret agent looking stuff just doesn't sell me.

When I compare the Joe line to anything Triad's put out, it's clear they're considerably more than just "a tad behind." And if Anakin's body is any clue as to how these new bodies are gonna be, I'd say that pushes Triad even further down the mountain.

When I compare the Joe line to anything Triad's put out, it's clear they're considerably more than just "a tad behind." And if Anakin's body is any clue as to how these new bodies are gonna be, I'd say that pushes Triad even further down the mountain.

Very possibly. It will be interesting to see. Triad really doesn't seem to be pushing their boundaries at all. If anything they are going backwards.

I think their tailoring is acceptable, and I have liked some of the things I have bought from them quite a lot, but some of the things I have purchased have been a tad too tight. No give in the length of sleeves, etc. Most people don't wear skintight "just big enough" clothes.

I never bought any of their stripper outfits.

I love Triad's Otaku bodies, SS's female bodies look sad.

Otaku is gross. I would take the female Buck over that thing any day, on principle alone.

Back