Play Imaginative 1/12 Scale Iron Man 3 Die-cast figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kudos to PI for going for the full 42, but some of these armors look downright bad:

1229918_10151657927433528_538111583_n.jpg

Yikes! Look at the paint apps!

1235198_10151657931023528_1795849001_n.jpg

Proportions just look terrible.

1150956_10151657934743528_992825348_n.jpg

For an armor that Tony used, Shotgun just looks really rushed. Mask/Visor is a mess.

At the price these are selling for, I expect little bit more. Just being picky here! :nana:

For those who had pre-ordered the 1/12th Warmachine and Iron Patriot, they were available for pickup at STGCC, which was a pleasant surprise. I was under the impression they would be released much later.

First impressions were promising. The packaging was classy and first class. PI really nailed down the presentation.

After examining the figures, I could tell immediately they were some noticeable differences from the prototypes. For example, the hip armor. If you look at the prototype figs (as depicted in the photos in this thread), the hip armor seemed to be one piece. The actual figure has the armor in 3 pieces. The hip pieces can move around and is attached by a ball joint - presumably to aid in articulation. But it does look awkward with the pieces flapping around like that. I much preferred the look in the prototype :(

Overall the articulation was fine, and the paintwork was decent. The light up features were cool as well. With the excellent packaging and the use of die-cast, I felt the price was competitive, compared to the Revoltechs and the SH Figarts Ironman figures (which was quite pricey in my neck of the woods).

Many thanks to whoever was kind enough to post those 42 different photographs.As least now whether we buy them or not this thread will stand as a body of reference for years to come,for those who want to see what the 42 different marks look like in detail other than the rather patchy references in "The art of Iron Man 3" book or the(admittedly excellent!)Mondo poster.And some of them are pretty damn cool!!

Okay i'm totally ignorant but i'm curious to know what that means.

You do nt have them in your country?Things like "Batman Automobilia" "Star Trek ships" or "Dr.Who figure collection"?The magazines that you collect weekly,each with a different part or figure,to build into a whole.By companies called Eaglemoss or Deagostini.

You do nt have them in your country?Things like "Batman Automobilia" "Star Trek ships" or "Dr.Who figure collection"?The magazines that you collect weekly,each with a different part or figure,to build into a whole.By companies called Eaglemoss or Deagostini.

Can't say i've seen anything like those here, does sound interesting though.

For those who had pre-ordered the 1/12th Warmachine and Iron Patriot, they were available for pickup at STGCC, which was a pleasant surprise. I was under the impression they would be released much later.

First impressions were promising. The packaging was classy and first class. PI really nailed down the presentation.

After examining the figures, I could tell immediately they were some noticeable differences from the prototypes. For example, the hip armor. If you look at the prototype figs (as depicted in the photos in this thread), the hip armor seemed to be one piece. The actual figure has the armor in 3 pieces. The hip pieces can move around and is attached by a ball joint - presumably to aid in articulation. But it does look awkward with the pieces flapping around like that. I much preferred the look in the prototype :(

Overall the articulation was fine, and the paintwork was decent. The light up features were cool as well. With the excellent packaging and the use of die-cast, I felt the price was competitive, compared to the Revoltechs and the SH Figarts Ironman figures (which was quite pricey in my neck of the woods).
I'm curious about the hip pieces you talking about. care to take few pictures?:wave

That is a lot of armor HT plans on releasing for IM3. I just want to see someone fork out all cash for all that armor!

That is a lot of armor HT plans on releasing for IM3. I just want to see someone fork out all cash for all that armor!

Well, I coughed up the dough for the set of 4 drones :lol

They seemed like decent guys - gotta support local! :lol

Those are some much appreciated shots,... sadly they feel like 59$ figures not 109$; that said, there's a handful i "might" get. if they were at 59 i would strongly consider getting them all.

Those are some much appreciated shots,... sadly they feel like 59$ figures not 109$; that said, there's a handful i "might" get. if they were at 59 i would strongly consider getting them all.

My feelings :exactly:...just not $110 worth- but $50 or so, yes.

Would be interested to see pics, as Im quite interested in Iron Patroit.

Here are some out of the box pictures from someone who got his from SGTCC (Singapore Game Toy & Comic Convention). https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.441038606016748.1073741884.392873847499891&type=1

Not bad. Some oddities when certain joints are posed and exposed. Not sure about the line detail. Not as sharp as I had hoped them to be but somewhat expected since they are diecast metal and a 6 inch figure. Only concern I have are the decals. In the picture, "Lt. Colonel James" is scratched off. Light up feature looks neat. Disappointed that PI were unable to produce the Hall of Armor cubicle like they said they were trying to do back at SDCC. Personally would've preferred that instead of the round display base. Still would need to see a video review before deciding on investing in these.

Last edited:
I remember Pi said that their figure will have around 40-60 points of articulation. So after seeing this 1/12 figure, I think the 1/12 scale definitely will have 60 points of articulation & the 1/4 scale will only have 40 points or so. Not a bad thing because I personally not liking what they did to the war machine mk2 here

Anyone else have any hands on with any if these?
Still hopefull for a quality piece but i must admit those facebook shots look not so good. My hasbro legends have better face paint aps then this war machine..and those huge eyes....utoh...

I think these look real nice but the price is pretty bad. If it was a bit bigger, had more maybe. At least $70 would be nice.

Back