Play Arts Kai Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnyfreakz

Super Freak
Reaction score
I think we need new thread for this

Vader

FIG-KAI-8662_03.jpg

FIG-KAI-8662_02.jpg

FIG-KAI-8662_05.jpg

FIG-KAI-8662_08.jpg

Boba Fett

FIG-KAI-9163_06.jpg

FIG-KAI-9163_05.jpg

FIG-KAI-9163_04.jpg

FIG-KAI-9163_09.jpg

Stormtrooper

FIG-KAI-9162_01.jpg

FIG-KAI-9162_04.jpg

FIG-KAI-9162_06.jpg

FIG-KAI-9162_10.jpg

They looks awesome

Fett and vader looks cool, the stormtrooper looks to weird for my taste.

Aaaaahhhh!!!!!i' m sooo glad I preordered vader! These are fantastic variant designs!

These do look pretty cool. I see where bbts has them on preorder for $125. I don't own any play arts figures, are they all plastic or a combination of metal and plastic? Can anyone speak to the quality of this company's figures?

I don't collect anything star wars.. But I'm getting these for sure.
Wow... A must have.

Fett looks awesome, although the design reminds me a lot of the Amiibo Metroid. What's the price point for this?

These do look pretty cool. I see where bbts has them on preorder for $125. I don't own any play arts figures, are they all plastic or a combination of metal and plastic? Can anyone speak to the quality of this company's figures?

They plastic and rubber, no metal or diecast. Prototype you see is 99% actual product you will get. But PAK suffer from fragile joint and some quite little paint defect but not always, I receive most of my PAK with flawless paint. But again fragile joints, you need extra careful play or pose those guy.

They plastic and rubber, no metal or diecast. Prototype see is 99% actual product you will get. But PAK suffer from fragile joint and some quite little paint defect but not always, I receive most of my PAK with flawless paint. But again fragile joints, you need extra careful play or pose those guy.

I agree, however usually if you have one with fragile joints, you'll know right away.

I had an arkham batman that broke right out of the box...the shoulders where the socket was, had cracked so the balljoint was loose. I had this figure replaced-- this one was for playing with!

It has been fine ever since I got the replacement, I always pose and repose and regularly handle this figure and had not had any problems since.
The shoulders are typically the odd joints, I would watch out for, but the hinge joints at the elbows and knees are very very solid. The figure itself is solid and heavy.
I've brought it with me from place to place simply throwing it in a bag with other opened toys including revoltechs etc-- certain figures in my collection i will allow any collector to check out and handle (without me being terribly hawk-eyed), and this one has passed the test of rigorous handling, but I believe these toys should still be handled with the care an adult collector typically has and not be in the collection of any ham fisted types....
My suggestion is if you will open it, check it out ASAP, in front of your place of purchase if possible so they can see if there's an issue right away, or at least soon as you get home so you can spot any issues at your leisure.
I have only 5 figures and one had an issue. So it's not horrible since a figure with this many joints and parts made for collectors is almost bound to have at least one issue. Like any hot toys ( which comes with extra wrist pegs since they expect you to break them )
My variant batman is even sturdier. And bigger at almost 12"

That said---
These are awesomely designed love letters to Star Wars. Versions that still have the iconic trademarks of their namesake.
Some may say anime versions, or Mecha versions, but it's great to see what other artists of this generation would do if they were allowed to redesign these popular beloved characters and yet maintain their look somehow.

Vader has his vertical stripes, triangular mouth, kabuto style dome, mcquarrie batman scalloped cape, chest armor, tunic etc.
Fett has the fitted helmet with slight swell, rangefinder, dented helmet, uniquely shaped rifle and sidearm, etc
The stormtrooper has the trademark frown, aviator shades, dotted abdomen, clonetrooper shoes, blue killstripes

Great designs I've always wanted to see from other artists who were very likely inspired by them in the first place to become artists. It's a great time to be a Star Wars fan....and a challenging one as well....

Back