Planet of the Apes PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eny--

THANKS FOR THE SCREENSHOTS!!

POT2.jpg

Sideshow, if you're still listening, the doll Dr. Zaius is holding needs to have two complete legs!!

Here is Sideshow's teaser shot:
75141_press02-001.jpg

Last edited:
This is how he is pictured. Notice that the bottom edge of his jacket is not flush/straight across, that the leather is shorter than it should be. Also notice the curvature of the cloth where it meets the jacket makes it look like he's wearing the jacket backwards...that I am looking at his lapel or something and the shortened leather makes this look even more so. This minor detail would definitely bug me and I would probably restitch the jacket and pants even though it is only his backside that is flawed.
7514_press04-001.jpg

Here is the screenshot of Dr. Zaius wearing the outfit. I don't remember who got the screenshot but I saved it for reference. Notice where the leather meets the cloth on the back of his outfit. It's not curved. Too bad I don't have the ability to get screencaptures, or I would have captured the doll's complete legs, too.

screencapture1vd9.jpg

Okay. I'm not sure why they didn't extend the cloth to hang flush with the leather. Not a real big deal to me but someone obviously wasn't paying attention and decided to cut it shorter. Curious...

BB

Sideshow is not known for accuracy in any of their lines. Unfortunately, you don't get what you pay for.

Sideshow is not known for accuracy in any of their lines. Unfortunately, you don't get what you pay for.

That's a bit harsh, Joker. NO piece is 100% completely screen accurate.

Well, except maybe the Hot Toys Godfather. :D

The Reg is already shipping but not the EX? :confused:

I believe that is a typo in the newsletter... at least I hope so. :eek:

Last week's newsletter had both listed as being on the same shipping schedule.

New newsletter in and... no news.

Strange... the Dr. Zaius PF is not listed in either the "Arriving in 30 Days" or "Shipping Date Changes" listings.

Hopefully it's an oversight... and not something more, serious. :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

New newsletter in and... no news.

Strange... the Dr. Zaius PF is not listed in either the "Arriving in 30 Days" or "Shipping Date Changes" listings.

Hopefully it's an oversight... and not something more, serious. :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

It is listed as "arriving in 30 days" for UE customers.

This information is good to hear... hopefully it was just an oversight. :eek:

Thanks guys!

Well, I read today edition of "Ask Sideshow" and one of the questions asked pretained to POTA:

Just checking in to see if there’s any new Planet of the Apes items coming down the pike from Sideshow or Hot Toys, please? The gorillas (particularly Urko/Ursus) are the most interesting. Thanks!

We’re eager to see what Hot Toys has in store for future Apes offerings too! We’ll get back to you as soon as we have news to share!

Noticed that Sideshow completely sidestepped the question concerning their plans... specifically the PF line. Geez... this does not bode well. :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

I just want one more... a kick a$$ Roddy McDowall in all his PF glory. :monkey5:monkey5:monkey5

Do you guys think there are some QA issues with the Exclusive. I got the 18-20 estimated arrival on June 18th. Yes, I'm impatient.

I hope they're giving Dr. Zaius a human doll figure to hold with complete legs, not the type of doll with stumps for legs that the Sideshow 12 inch Zaius has. If they are fixing that, then you should be happier when you receive the exclusive.

Alter Ego had it in their newsletter that they are to receive their Zaiuses this week. It will be interesting if they do. Did anyone here order the regular version of the PF at Alter Ego?

Not yet and no word either. Looks like they're selling the Regular edition. There must be some problems with the Ex. Same as Toht.

Just got back from the local comic book store...

Zaius PF is in and it looks just fantastic. The clothes hang on it really well. The workmanship was top notch, paint just great. The base really captures the cave like floor. I was impressed and everyone who ordered this piece will be more than happy.

Now the bad news...

The jacket he wears was not corrected and the leather in the back remains the same as the proto pics.

The Zaius figure was not displayed with the human doll, so I do not know if the doll legs issue was addressed.

All in all I think those that ordered this piece will have little to complain about...

Back