Pituvision on Iron Man Mark 1 Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw this figure in person at Universal Studios this weekend.

Extremely not impressed with it at all. The HT version is a much better bang for the buck.

The HT armor sculpt is more detailed & movie accurate and the paint app is better.

Neither face sculpt is great...while the Hot Toys version looks somewhat Oriental, the SS version looks more like Downey from Tropic Thunder than Iron Man (and that's being kind). If you display either piece with the helmet on it's not an issue though.

Extremely not impressed with it at all. The HT version is a much better bang for the buck.

The HT armor sculpt is more detailed & movie accurate and the paint app is better.

Neither face sculpt is great...while the Hot Toys version looks somewhat Oriental, the SS version looks more like Downey from Tropic Thunder than Iron Man (and that's being kind). If you display either piece with the helmet on it's not an issue though.

...once again, as many have stated..one is a toy the other is a statue...you really can't compare.

HT is overpriced crap IMO

...once again, as many have stated..one is a toy the other is a statue...you really can't compare.

For more than twice the price of "crap" you would at least expect a level of accuracy and detail of said piece of crap.

That is not the case here.

Good to know, joto!

What no p!tu vision for the dog tag?

Thats mas put0! :lol

papo! i have them on on both videos i did with the Maquette!! the first one which was me Fixing it and then this one!! what more do you want!!:monkey2

i also have it on me everyday!

papo! i have them on on both videos i did with the Maquette!! the first one which was me Fixing it and then this one!! what more do you want!!:monkey2

i also have it on me everyday!
I didnt even get a shout out on the famed p!tu vision :(

You make King kry :monkey2

That's nice. Enjoy your dinky plastic toy with an atrocity of a face sculpt. :lol

That's nice. Enjoy your dinky plastic toy with an atrocity of a face sculpt. :lol

I will, as much as you should enjoy your overpriced statue with an equally horrendous face sculpt combined with a severely lacking armor sculpt and paint job.

Not to mention your credit card bill. :rotfl :zzwhip

geez... grow a pair you guys...^^^

btw- really nice video PITU, a bit out of my price range right now, but it's great to see you post these... it's like seeing it in person

I will, as much as you should enjoy your overpriced statue with an equally horrendous face sculpt combined with a severely lacking armor sculpt and paint job.

Not to mention your credit card bill. :rotfl :zzwhip

Now now, there's no denying the awesomeness of the maquette's face sculpt. Let's not be silly...

how can you NOT compare? A statue should have much better details then a toy right? Well the ht TOY is much better detailed then this overpriced crap IMO.

Now now, there's no denying the awesomeness of the maquette's face sculpt. Let's not be silly...

We'll have to agree to disagree. ;) One man's awesomeness is another man's underwhelmness. I stand by my statement, I saw it 6 inches from my eyes, & it looks less like Tony Stark & more like Downey from Tropic Thunder, minus the dark skin & curly hair.
In all fairness, I did state that the HT face sculpt is nothing to write home about as well. I find neither of them to be satisfactory.

Not to keep this going but lets face facts here. The statue, particuarly the face paint is not one of sideshows better offerings.

Most of sideshows releases are great but some llke this fall far short of the mark(pun intended). I'm not impressed with the detail either and i think pitu mentioned it on his vid about the lack of clothing etc.

In fairness to ht they are leaders in making 1/6th scale figures and their iron man mark one is a lot better imo then this sideshow release given the size difference. To me the sideshow statue looks unfinished. The paint app is probably whats letting it down. Also his his pose is very non inspiring something the ht version won't suffer from given its poseability.

As for HT making their figures in plastic. It doesn't bother me at all. They still look awesome. For me its how accurate the model is not what material its made out of or how much it costs. I'd rather have a room full of 20 dollar figures that are movie accurate then one full of 400 dollar statues that aren't. In some cases it suits a figure to be made out of plastic/rubber materials such as skin texture etc.

don't slate me for this by the way!!! just my opinion..

Last edited:
TO me the statue looks better than the HT fig, but thats just me. Also, Trevor did the headsculpt and it looks dead on. It might just be the facial paint apps.

Back